PDA

View Full Version : Snowflakes

Pete
12-06-2017, 08:19
Snowflakes don't like being called Snowflakes.

"Don't call us snowflakes - it damages our mental health, say young people"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/06/dont-call-us-snowflakes-damages-mental-health-say-young-people/

"Being called a "snowflake" is damaging to mental health, young people say. Figures show that the majority of young people think the term is unfair - and even more think it could have a negative effect of its own.

The "snowflake generation" is a disparaging term now commonly used to refer to young people, who are perceived to be over-sensitive and intolerant of disagreement.

But research by insurance firm Aviva found that 72 per cent of 16-24 year-olds think the term is unfairly applied, while 74 per cent think it could have a negative effect on young people's mental health...."

Snowflake - it the shoe fits wear it.

JJ_BPK
12-06-2017, 08:36
Snowflake - it the shoe fits wear it.

We have a wiener..

LMAO:D

Airbornelawyer
12-06-2017, 08:40
So apparently snowflakes are also irony-impaired.

bblhead672
12-06-2017, 08:58
Nothing makes me laugh more than dumbasses on parade. :munchin

rsdengler
12-06-2017, 09:06
WAAAAAA!!! Well if I whined, and became emotionally upset about every name someone called me (which there were many and not nice ones at that :)) I would be institutionalized by now....sissy millennials...grow up already :munchin

cbtengr
12-06-2017, 09:33
I guess the old sticks or stones may break my bones saying no longer applies.

Pete
12-06-2017, 09:47
I guess the old sticks or stones may break my bones saying no longer applies.

Not to Snowflakes, just words can do it.

Team Sergeant
12-06-2017, 10:23
Not to Snowflakes, just words can do it.

But they all have emergency safe places now? How can this be?

Maybe "Offensive Name Calling Cancelling Earphones?"

Old Dog New Trick
12-06-2017, 10:24
Tis the season for many a snowflakes to be triggered by decorations, singing, and commercial sales of holiday capitalism.

Wonder how many will meltdown and off themselves leaving only puddles and ripples behind?

Team Sergeant
12-06-2017, 10:25
Tis the season for many a snowflakes to be triggered by decorations, singing, and commercial sales of holiday capitalism.

Wonder how many will meltdown and off themselves leaving only puddles and ripples behind?

You're not being very understanding and sensitive to the snowflakes.

Where's my banning option.

Old Dog New Trick
12-06-2017, 10:36
You're not being very understanding and sensitive to the snowflakes.

Where's my banning option.

I’m unique, different, special, one-of-a-kind, and beautiful! Don’t rain on my parade!

I’m like Frosty in a greenhouse...

Stay frosty my friends! :D

GratefulCitizen
12-06-2017, 10:39
Liberals vehemently object to any label which is "sticky" and accurate.
It undermines their ability to brainwash through newspeak.

The most dangerous labels are those which also effectively ridicule their own supporters.
Against such ridicule there is no defense.

Trump is a master of this, which is why he causes mass apoplexy among them.

Box
12-06-2017, 10:54
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will trigger feelings of insecurities that can lead to deep seeded mental health issues.

1stindoor
12-06-2017, 12:57
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will trigger feelings of insecurities that can lead to deep seeded mental health issues.

Is that "deep seeded"...or deep seated? :D Words mean things!

Box
12-06-2017, 13:54
Undeniably deep seeded - planted within the psyche and allowed to grow
unchecked
wild
unattended

eventually, this deep seeded insecurity breaks forth and manifests itself as a giant vagina-hat worn during a protest - studies have shown that up to 74% of millennials may or may not agree with scientific studies on this topic while the rest may or may not actually report being triggered

...science

Badger52
12-06-2017, 16:51
I have some fine snowflakes up here, right now, this very minute, right out the window. :eek: I wonder if the Snow Flakes 100mi away in Madison are offended. Maybe I will pass them along & we'll see.
:munchin

1stindoor
12-07-2017, 06:30
unchecked
wild
unattended

eventually, this deep seeded insecurity breaks forth and manifests itself as a giant vagina-hat worn during a protest - studies have shown that up to 74% of millennials may or may not agree with scientific studies on this topic while the rest may or may not actually report being triggered

...science

Well played. I defer to your science.

rsdengler
12-07-2017, 08:46
unchecked
wild
unattended

...science

LOL...The Science of Box.....A little Warped, but spot on.....it should be mandatory teaching.....Science of Box 101......sign up......and learn something....:D