PDA

View Full Version : 18A question...

Achilles121985
01-21-2005, 17:25
Howdy y'all,

I just found out about this site and it seems very useful. I wanted to ask a question about becoming 18A:

Right now I'm at the Air Force Academy's prep school, waiting to hear from West Point about admission. Should that route occur, I am curious what route to take prior to becoming SF. If I recall correctly you have to be a senior 1st LT to be qualified to try for SF, so would they recruit primarily from an airborne unit? Or would it be the same chance to go if I was commissioned into the 10th Mountain. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

-Achilles

The Reaper
01-21-2005, 17:56
Howdy y'all,

I just found out about this site and it seems very useful. I wanted to ask a question about becoming 18A:

Right now I'm at the Air Force Academy's prep school, waiting to hear from West Point about admission. Should that route occur, I am curious what route to take prior to becoming SF. If I recall correctly you have to be a senior 1st LT to be qualified to try for SF, so would they recruit primarily from an airborne unit? Or would it be the same chance to go if I was commissioned into the 10th Mountain. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

-Achilles

Achilles:

1. SF Officers (and soldiers) must be observant and situationally aware.

2. You are in a new environment, it would behoove you to be extra diligent.

3. Read all of the stickies, and the welcomes.

4. Do some searches on your own before asking questions.

5. Fill in your profile.

6. Read my comments on this thread:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5293

Have a very SF day.

TR