PDA

View Full Version : Contract Work Questions

Sdiver
11-17-2017, 20:04
Gents,

Here's a question for those who have done / are doing contract work.

I recently returned from Puerto Rico (2Nov) after being there since 28Sept working an unarmed position at area Wal Marts.
The initial company I signed up for, was really not the best ... On Point Security out of Des Moines, IA.
The rate(s) I was quoted were, $300.00 per day (12 hour shifts), $100.00 stand-by and travel days, $25.00 per diem.
Yeah, I know it's not the greatest, as we found out later, but my thought process was, I sign up with him, do my two weeks, then switch over to another company who had the contract. Which I did ...

Here's the break down ...

The initial contract was through Brosnon Security in NYC
They subcontracted to LaSorsa & Associates out of florida
Who then subcontracted to other companies, the above mentioned one I was with, being one of them.
After my two weeks was up with On Point, I switched over to LaSorsa $ Associates

There my rates were ... $450.00 a day (12 hour shifts), $250.00 Travel and Stand By days, $50.00 a day (work day) per diem.

Here's the question I have ....

On my contract signed by me and Joe LaSorsa, it clearly states, $50.00 a day per diem (work days only).

The hotel we were staying at charged us $20.00 for dinner (breakfasts were free), all one had to do is put down your room number. I chose NOT to do so and did not eat, and due to my shift schedule, very rarely had the opportunity to get a B-fast.

Now, on the billing roster, Joe LaSorsa is wanting EVERYONE who was a hotel that had food, (some guys were at hotels around the island that didn't have meals) change our per diem rate to $30.00 a day.

I informed LaSorsa of what I did and told him that what I did was okay by the supervisors on site. But I'm NOT going to change the rate when I have a signed contract from him.

If he does change it without my permission ... do I have a case to go after him?

Thanks

BTW ... The whole thing was a Cluster Fuck from the get go.
Those of you who I called about the gig ... sorry. :(

JimP
11-18-2017, 07:42
Looks like a pure contract: if you guys had an agreement for 50 bucks a day and both agreed, he can't go back and change the terms post contract unless you agree. A deal is a deal.

JJ_BPK
11-18-2017, 08:11
You think I don't know the law?
Wasn't it me who wrote it?
And I say that this man has broken the law.
Right or wrong, we had a deal.
And the law says: bust a deal and face the wheel! .

:munchin

Guy
11-18-2017, 09:03
Did you get paid?

Sdiver
11-18-2017, 17:57
Did you get paid?

I got paid from the first 2 weeks with the On Point group, but the LaSorsa company is still haggling about our invoices.

Those who were signed up with hi from the get go and did the full four week tour, still haven't seen their checks from the first two weeks, even though LaSorsa said they were mailed out this past Tuesday.

LaSorsa made it know that it would be 45-60 days before any checks were cut. We figured it was a "CYA" move on the companies part, and if we got them before the 45-60 day window, then we'd see the company as "wonderful" ...

From what it seems like, LaSorsa & Associates do have our interests at heart and do want to get us paid, but it's the "changing things" on payment that goes against what was signed on our contracts that have me concerned.