PDA

View Full Version : Verification

tim30006
11-04-2017, 20:17
I met a gentlemen today by the name of Popotia Reginald Wright, who claims to be a retired Army CSM and a former Special Forces soldier in 5th SFG. He currently runs a veterans funeral honor guard detail by the name of "8th Special Forces Regiment NY Honor Guard VSO". My conversation with him gave me suspicions that he is a phony veteran and the entire organization just seems fishy.
Here is a link to his bio and the website for his organization.

https://8thspecialforcesregiment.com/unit-members

Here is the Facebook page for his organization.

https://www.facebook.com/8th-Special-Forces-Regiment-New-York-Honor-Guard-VSO-1938609843032098/

How can I verify the legitimacy of his military career?

PRB
11-04-2017, 20:22
https://bailbondcity.com/south_carolina/charleston-inmate-WRIGHT/0001054434

twistedsquid
11-04-2017, 20:28
Good catch. My Dad (RIP, CIB, BSM, 3OLC)) was an OG 8thSFG(A) trooper and would have busted him out pronto for using that label.

Team Sergeant
11-05-2017, 08:56
IHow can I verify the legitimacy of his military career?

LOLOLOL

Fraud.

We will post him soon enough........... someone copy his website for me to include his picture....... I'm laughing too hard to do it myself. :rolleyes:

tim30006
11-05-2017, 10:17
I want to expose him soon. It's obvious he is a fraud, but I would like hard evidence to make sure. Can the members of the forum please help me with this?

twistedsquid
11-05-2017, 10:48
Their Facebook page has a link to the 8thSFG(A) Wikipedia page. Scum.

Box
11-05-2017, 19:33
Why didn't this guy buy a scuba badge and a ranger tab for his uniform?

...fucking cheapskate didnt even bother to purchase the JM version of his wings

HardRoad
11-07-2017, 11:46
Out of curiosity, does anyone recognize the flash he's wearing? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Pete
11-07-2017, 12:33
Well, it ain't the 8th's flash and ain't listed here http://www.greenberetcd.com/tabsandpatches-2x-flashes.html

Pete
11-07-2017, 12:52
".....CSM Popotia Reginald Wright U.S. Army (RET) serves as the Regimental Command Sergeant Major for the 8th Special Forces Regiment N.Y. Honor Guard V.S.O. located in Brooklyn New York....."

".....CSM Wright is a retired U.S. Army Veteran ....."

I ran into a "CSM" once. Did the grip & grin and within a few questions found him to be a "poser by omission". He wore a Transport unit from Europe hat and had CSM rank pinned on the hat.

He did serve one hitch in that transport unit in Europe and got out. He now has a CSM appointment in the SC Militia. So he wears the hat with rank and honestly says he served in the Army. Folks then assume he's a real CSM.

I about busted a gut laughing when he said the Army recognizes his rank. I told him if the two of us were taken to Ft Bragg and one of us was going to get a CSM position it would be me, not him, that got it.

Team Sergeant
11-07-2017, 16:56
The frauds records have been sent for....... now we wait. :munchin

Pete
11-07-2017, 17:33
I bet he did serve in the Army but a lot of his bling is fake and his CSM is from the Honor Guard position.

Just my opinion of course.

Badger52
11-09-2017, 14:34
LOLOLOL

Fraud.

We will post him soon enough........... someone copy his website for me to include his picture....... I'm laughing too hard to do it myself. :rolleyes:Email inbound.

BuckiBill
11-09-2017, 14:41
Just saw this. He was sent to GGB also a while back. One of our guys contacted him a few weeks ago. I think he said he was a 64V or 64W in the 5th.
He also said SF Command gave them permission to do what they've done. We talked to someone at command and they said that's false. I look for records in another day or two. We sent for them a while back also.

spottedmedic111
11-09-2017, 19:12
The V device had better not be fake or that would chap my ass more than all the other lies.

BuckiBill
11-16-2017, 12:58
LMAO. We have his records.

Not close to what he claims. He was a leg truck driver.

PRB
11-16-2017, 18:24
Post his records if you can....I always like to gander at 'em....

BTW, what was his 'real' rank before his self promotion?

BuckiBill
11-17-2017, 11:04
He was an E-4 with about 7 years in.
I tried to post pics of his records but gave up. They are well within the parameters of what's allowed size wise but it still says invalid file. I give up posting pics.

Dates of Service:
April 13, 1982 To September 26, 1990
Active duty Dates: April 13, 1982 to July 20, 1982 and January 24, 1984 to September 26 1990

Military Education:
Motor transport Operator: Terminal Operaions Coordinator Course.

Decorations and Awards:
Marksman Badge with Auto Rifle Bar; Army Service Ribbon; Overseas Service Ribbon 2nd Award; Army Achievement Medal; Army Good Conduct medal 2nd Award; Driver And Mechanic Badge, Driver Wheel Vehicle

Badger52
11-17-2017, 13:04
I tried to post pics of his records but gave up. They are well within the parameters of what's allowed size wise but it still says invalid file. I give up posting pics.
What's the file extension on the pics? If it's something like .png (which oddly is still not an accepted format here) or .gif, it's a simple conversion. PM if you need them exported to .jpg, which works. (but soon as I'm headed up to the farm at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow with a big cast-iron cooked load of gravy & biscuits for some hungry hunters).
:)

Team Sergeant
11-17-2017, 13:07
What's the file extension on the pics? If it's something like .png (which oddly is still not an accepted format here) or .gif, it's a simple conversion. PM if you need them exported to .jpg, which works. (but soon as I'm headed up to the farm at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow with a big cast-iron cooked load of gravy & biscuits for some hungry hunters).
:)

It's called ESTO.

(Equipment Superior to Operator)

Give him time, someday even Buckibill will figure it out. (I did!)

Badger52
11-17-2017, 13:18
It's called ESTO.

Roger (and I'm stealin' "ESTO", thanks, lmao).
:cool:

cedsall
11-17-2017, 15:11
Roger (and I'm stealin' "ESTO", thanks, lmao).
:cool:

Same here. The thousands of uses are scrolling through my brain...

7624U
11-17-2017, 16:59
It's called ESTO.

Give him time, someday even Buckibill will figure it out. (I did!)

Some Operators are better Equipped than others to do computer stuffs

7624U
11-17-2017, 17:01
well within the parameters of what's allowed size wise but it still says invalid

:D

PRB
11-17-2017, 17:08
He was an E-4 with about 7 years in.

Dates of Service:
April 13, 1982 To September 26, 1990
Active duty Dates: April 13, 1982 to July 20, 1982 and January 24, 1984 to September 26 1990

Military Education:
Motor transport Operator: Terminal Operaions Coordinator Course.

Decorations and Awards:
Marksman Badge with Auto Rifle Bar; Army Service Ribbon; Overseas Service Ribbon 2nd Award; Army Achievement Medal; Army Good Conduct medal 2nd Award; Driver And Mechanic Badge, Driver Wheel Vehicle

E4 after seven years....well...a self promotion to CSM must have felt really special..

So, how are we going to make the CSM special?

7624U
11-17-2017, 17:12
Send him a flat tire with a hole in the side wall. Someone with his rank and vast knowledge should be able to fix it.

PRB
11-17-2017, 18:23
I'll send the guy a nice note at the 8th Rgmt website if that is good with ya'll

BuckiBill
11-18-2017, 11:34
Maybe hold off on the message. "CSM" Wright is supposed to return my phone call.
We've already reached out to the VA. I'd like to record the guy first.

PRB
11-19-2017, 09:41
Maybe hold off on the message. "CSM" Wright is supposed to return my phone call.
We've already reached out to the VA. I'd like to record the guy first.

Ok....ought to be a hoot....

BuckiBill
11-25-2017, 07:02
We have a local GB that lives in manhattan going to swing by with a go pro sometime this coming week.
Reggie won't answer a call from us.
The local will reach out to papers and media also.

"CSM" Wright told the first guy that called that Bragg gave them permission to use the term 8th SFG.

The guy going for a grip and grin is going to ask for that POC.

SF_BHT
11-25-2017, 09:18
We have a local GB that lives in manhattan going to swing by with a go pro sometime this coming week.
Reggie won't answer a call from us.
The local will reach out to papers and media also.

"CSM" Wright told the first guy that called that Bragg gave them permission to use the term 8th SFG.

The guy going for a grip and grin is going to ask for that POC.

Come on now you know that POC does not exist:p;)

Pete
11-25-2017, 09:27
Come on now you know that POC does not exist:p;)

Sure he does - he's right next door to the office that gave him orders for all that bling he wears.

SF_BHT
11-25-2017, 11:48
Sure he does - he's right next door to the office that gave him orders for all that bling he wears.

Shhhhhh. We’re not supposed to talk about that office and the special super secret orders section.:eek:

tim30006
12-03-2017, 10:33
I know you gentlemen have already seen this. I want to thank you guys for helping me. He tricked a lot of innocent people in that community. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

Team Sergeant
12-15-2017, 09:56
I met a gentlemen today by the name of Popotia Reginald Wright, who claims to be a retired Army CSM and a former Special Forces soldier in 5th SFG. He currently runs a veterans funeral honor guard detail by the name of "8th Special Forces Regiment NY Honor Guard VSO". My conversation with him gave me suspicions that he is a phony veteran and the entire organization just seems fishy.
Here is a link to his bio and the website for his organization.

https://8thspecialforcesregiment.com/unit-members

Here is the Facebook page for his organization.

https://www.facebook.com/8th-Special-Forces-Regiment-New-York-Honor-Guard-VSO-1938609843032098/

How can I verify the legitimacy of his military career?

tim30006,

You have won the internet today. ;)

This is how frauds are caught. Well done. Never stop asking questions.

Team Sergeant

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/15/new-york-man-accused-fabricating-decorated-green-beret-military-career.html