PDA

View Full Version : Justice Thomas: ‘I Don’t Know’ What ‘We Have as a Country In Common’


tonyz
11-02-2017, 04:16
The insidious nature of naked multiculturalism, division, identity politics and diversity solely for diversity sake.

Justice Thomas: ‘I Don’t Know’ What ‘We Have as a Country In Common’
by IAN HANCHETT
1 Nov 2017
Breitbart

During an interview broadcast on Wednesday’s edition of the Fox News Channel’s “Ingraham Angle,” Justice Clarence Thomas stated that he doesn’t know what Americans can say they have in common as a country.

Host Laura Ingraham asked Thomas, “Are you surprised that — how things are still so rancorous in the United States today about foundational issues? Not about — just foundational issues, the anthem and so forth?”

He answered, “No, I’m not surprised. I mean, what binds us? What do we all have in common anymore? I think we have to think about that. I think this is — when I was a kid, even as we had laws that held us apart, there were things that we held dear and that we all had in common. And I think we have to — we always talk about E pluribus unum. What’s our unum now? We have the pluribus. What’s the unum? And I think it’s a great country. I think we, for whatever reasons, have made it our — some people have decided that the Constitution isn’t worth defending, that history isn’t worth defending, that the culture and principles aren’t worth defending. And, certainly, if you are in my position, they have to be worth defending. That’s what keeps you going. That’s what energizes you. … I don’t know what it is that we have, we can say instinctively, we have as a country in common.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/01/justice-thomas-i-dont-know-what-we-have-as-a-country-in-common/

JimP
11-02-2017, 05:51
Excellent point. Do NOT buy into this "diversity" crap. We are great due to the opportunities this Country presents, not the diversity. We are successful DESPITE diversity, not DUE to it. Fight multiculturalism on all fronts. I have had a standing reservation at EO class for decades due to my being so outspoken against the shamans of political correctness. I am now being proved right.

Freaking Ray Charles can see where this shit is leading us and he's freaking blind and dead.

Ret10Echo
11-02-2017, 05:53
Politicians, MSM and fringe groups are using hatred, division and fear to their own benefit.

But it requires a receptive and ignorant audience that, we do have in abundance.

abc_123
11-02-2017, 06:00
I like Justice Thomas. He has an amazing story.

tonyz
11-02-2017, 06:49
I like Justice Thomas. He has an amazing story.

Justice Thomas has observed and experienced a great deal of life on this earth - he strikes me as a wise man.

Golf1echo
11-02-2017, 08:25
Exactly right! Having just driven through the middle of much of the country, in general I think we still do. In NYC, LA, San Fransico, etc... Not so much.


Sad part is many of the latter can't stand or afford it there so they move to places like Colo., Utah, AZ, Wy, Id, Mt... No offense meant to those of them that still believe in the principles of Unum.

bblhead672
11-02-2017, 08:37
Politicians, MSM and fringe groups are using hatred, division and fear to their own benefit.

But it requires a receptive and ignorant audience that, we do have in abundance.

And those politicians, MSM, fringe groups, plus the academic indoctrinators have no interest in changing the hatred, division and fear. They seek to destroy this country and every principle upon which it was founded.

The ignorant masses which readily accept and regurgitate the party lines are indeed in abundance, approximately 50% of the citizens who vote. Maybe less if you remove those who vote multiple times, illegally vote or shouldn't be voting due to their death several years ago.

PSM
11-02-2017, 15:32
Justice Thomas has observed and experienced a great deal of life on this earth - he strikes me as a wise man.

He also gets out amongst the people. He and his wife are avid RVers and are not above spending a night in a Walmart parking lot.

tonyz
11-02-2017, 15:58
He also gets out amongst the people. He and his wife are avid RVers and are not above spending a night in a Walmart parking lot.

I didn't know that Pat - thanks for that.

His time spent outside of the swamp of D.C. is time very well spent !

the squid
11-02-2017, 20:04
The divisive identity politics of the far left, intersectional activist SJWs of the world bother me, and I think the victimhood olympics we've sort of championed as a country are counterproductive.

That said, the division in our country isn't something to solely lay in the lap of the left. There are pervasive issues on both sides of the aisle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/31/the-gap-between-republicans-and-democrats-views-of-african-americans-just-hit-a-new-high/?utm_term=.31065848c4b8

55% to 26% of Republicans to Democrats believe that the higher poverty rates of black people are due to an intrinsic lack of motivation or ability.

42% to 24% of Republicans to Democrats rated black people as lazier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/10/in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/?utm_term=.19362555f5e7

Over half of Republican's would support postponing the 2020 election until "voter fraud" issues could be sorted out.

There are common values that unite us, and they're based in a common understanding of decency to each other. I think that on an individual basis, we understand that. I hope we can one day come back to an understanding of that principle in politics.

Stobey
11-06-2017, 22:12
FWIW, this (IMO) is what drives the "muticulturalism" BS.

The so-called "refugee" invasion and the continued toleration of the INVASION of aliens (legal and illegal) - particularly from Third World countries - constitute the "shock troops" of the globalist, oligarch "New World Ordure" cabal. The plan: destroy whatever hegemony the nations of the West still retain. Destroy their sovereignty. Cause as much strife, economic hardship, crime, mayhem and murder as possible. The brainwashed zombies of the Left are just the current "useful idiots" helping this to occur.

When the situation gets bad enough the sheeple of the once-free nations of the West will beg their so-called "leaders" to "do something". Then the NWO cabal will come out with their "solution": WORLD GOVERNMENT. (Translated: enslavement of all who are not part of their cabal or the government drones that do their dirty work.)


"Refugee Crisis: Using Chaos to build Power"
https://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/22793-refugee-crisis-using-chaos-to-build-power

"UN-'Together': Propaganda Bid Seeks to Flood West With Migrants"
https://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=25414:un-together-propaganda-bid-seeks-to-flood-west-with-migrants

"New UN Chief to Europe: Ignore Voters. Open the Borders"
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/24744-new-un-chief-to-europe-ignore-voters-open-the-borders

"EU Insider: US Must Take More Refugees - Get Rid of Sovereignty"
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/item/21730-insider-eu-u-s-must-take-more-refugees-get-rid-of-sovereignty

"Soros and CFR Exploit Refugee Crisis for New World Order"
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/22447-soros-and-cfr-exploit-refugee-crisis-for-new-world-order

"Hungarian PM: Mass Migration A Plot To Destroy Christian West"
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/22853-hungarian-pm-mass-migration-a-plot-to-destroy-christian-west

"Soros Hack Reveals Plot Behind Europe's Refugee Crisis, Media Funding and Manipulation"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-16/soros-hack-reveals-plot-behind-europes-refugee-crisis-media-funding-and-manipulation

“Viktor Orban: European Union Is Following ‘Soros Migrant Plans’”
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/07/10/viktor-orban-claims-european-union-following-soros-migrant-plans/