PDA

View Full Version : Age limit for 18A SFAS Applicants

aricbcool
01-20-2005, 01:36
Hi all,

My question: Is there an age limit for officers attending SFAS?

My concern: If all goes as planned I will be 26 when I earn my commission.

I've done some research and it looks like there's no age limit for enlisted guys. However, knowing the tight window of opportunity that officers have for SFAS I figured it'd be one more thing to look out for.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aric

The Reaper
01-20-2005, 09:02
Hi all,

My question: Is there an age limit for officers attending SFAS?

My concern: If all goes as planned I will be 26 when I earn my commission.

I've done some research and it looks like there's no age limit for enlisted guys. However, knowing the tight window of opportunity that officers have for SFAS I figured it'd be one more thing to look out for.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Aric

Assuming that you make your time line, you should be good to go.

You would be about 29 when you come to SFAS.

TR

aricbcool
01-21-2005, 19:01
Looks like I'm covered then. Thanks for the response Reaper. =0)

--Aric

first&foreward
09-23-2009, 21:33
If I missed something while searching threads I apologize. I was wondering the same thing. Except in my situation I would be 32 when I receive my commission. I am currently in the NG with 10 yrs. TIS, 3 yrs active duty time through deployments and basic/AIT. I will be attending ROTC upon completion of my current deployment and intend to go active immediately afterwards. My search results indicated you need to be a captain to attend the Q course. That would make me about 35. Is there a way to expedite this process after I am commissioned? Thanks for all of your assisatnace.

Richard
09-23-2009, 22:02
You can ask these guys:

http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wireless_electricity.html

Seems to be more of a YG requirement than a particular age issue.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

The Reaper
09-24-2009, 07:30
If I missed something while searching threads I apologize. I was wondering the same thing. Except in my situation I would be 32 when I receive my commission. I am currently in the NG with 10 yrs. TIS, 3 yrs active duty time through deployments and basic/AIT. I will be attending ROTC upon completion of my current deployment and intend to go active immediately afterwards. My search results indicated you need to be a captain to attend the Q course. That would make me about 35. Is there a way to expedite this process after I am commissioned? Thanks for all of your assisatnace.

I think that, like many others, you have waited too long to make your decision.

There is no guarantee that you will be selected to attend SFAS.

It is Year Group based, and even if you were selected to attend, you would only get one shot.

Not too many teams looking for middle-aged Detachment Commanders with no time in SF, BTW.

TR

first&foreward
09-24-2009, 16:57
Sir,

I appreciate the prompt response and will reflect on your answer. At any rate, I will not cease in my endeavors to become a special forces soldier. Whether that be as a commanding officer or an intel guy is yet to be determined. Untill then I will do PT and utilize the search button you have provided me Sir. Thanks again.