PDA

View Full Version : Federal agent shoots himself in foot

Team Sergeant
08-01-2017, 17:20
I'd paid good money to see that happen........... and to think they make way more money than any green beret........:rolleyes:

Can you say glock?

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/271290892-story

Federal agent shoots himself in foot at Orlando International Airport

Published August 01, 2017
Fox News

A federal agent was injured at Orlando International Airport on Tuesday when he accidentally shot himself in the foot while trying to catch his weapon.

The agent was approaching a checkpoint at 11:20 a.m. when he went to unsling a shoulder bag and it caught on his holstered weapon, the Orlando Police Department said in a statement.

While the weapon was falling, the agent tried to catch the firearm and inadvertently pulled the trigger.

A bullet hit the agent in the heel and was recovered a few feet away, police said.

No one else was injured in the incident besides the agent, and there were no disruptions to airport operations, according to FOX35 Orlando.

cont:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/federal-agent-shoots-himself-in-foot-at-orlando-international-airport.html

ccrn
08-01-2017, 17:52
Ive been carrying Glocks for the past few years and dont have a holster where thats even possible. With mine the trigger is always covered.

Oldrotorhead
08-01-2017, 17:52
I have never taken a class, or heard anyone say this was a good idea. Guess some Feds train differently. :D
"As the gun fell, he tried to catch it, that’s when he inadvertently pulled the trigger, shooting himself in the heel ."

Chucko
08-01-2017, 18:05
That will look good on a resume! :D

Accidents can happen all to frequently. About 5 years ago I got my CC permit in Wisconsin.

Shortly after that I unholstered an put my 9mm in the center counsel in my cramped sports car to go into the doctors office. When I came out and got in the car I was trying to wedge my gun back in my hip holster when I found I had the gun upside down and was starting to nudge the trigger. Nothing happened except that I got a rude awakening on taking extra care and focusing on the task at hand when dealing with firearms.

PRB
08-01-2017, 18:33
Looks like a nice fat agent too......

cbtengr
08-01-2017, 18:59
Fortunately no one else was injured, despite the loud noise Fulks says other travelers weren't alarmed.

“I think that my fears were eased seeing that other people were not panicking or running,” Fulks said.

They must deal with a lot of gunfire down there. He is indeed a rather portly fellow PRB.

PRB
08-01-2017, 19:25
Fortunately no one else was injured, despite the loud noise Fulks says other travelers weren't alarmed.

“I think that my fears were eased seeing that other people were not panicking or running,” Fulks said.

They must deal with a lot of gunfire down there. He is indeed a rather portly fellow PRB.

His blubber masked the report....he is his own suppressor....

cbtengr
08-01-2017, 19:42
His blubber masked the report....he is his own suppressor....

He could probably just get along carrying it in one of his chins, a natural holster.

SF_BHT
08-01-2017, 19:48
I will bet he was HSI.

rsdengler
08-02-2017, 04:37

LOL...He is a little chubby, isn't he:p He did not fall did he? If so, that would have made a louder noise then the gunshot.....:munchin

miclo18d
08-02-2017, 05:24
I think that agent has some serious training issues.

Overweight = not staying in peak physical condition, how ya gonna catch badguys tubby?
Dropped his weapon AND in that process, shot himself; luckily it wasn't a "civilian"!
His attire is atrocious. If acting as an agent I would imagine dress casual as a minimum for travel, and if he's undercover, he is obviously playing a conspiracy nutjob (he looks like he just stepped off the line at an IDPA shoot)

Mustang Man
08-02-2017, 07:15
Should he have honestly been carrying with one in the chamber in the first place?

SouthernDZ
08-02-2017, 07:57
Back in 87 I saw a BORTAC guy demonstrate how simply pushing on the front of a Baretta 92 would defeat being able to fire the weapon. He received a nice little hole in the palm of his hand.

"Just a flesh wound!,, doesn't really hurt,, don't tell anyone....":D

Team Sergeant
08-02-2017, 12:56

Oh no you didn't just fat shame that federal agent!!!!! (Where's my SJW phone numbers!)

bblhead672
08-02-2017, 14:03

Better hope he isn't a vindictive (and fat) IRS agent! :D

Seriously though, isn't it time to reduce the number of armed federal agents back to pre-9/11 numbers? Would cut down drastically on negligent discharges. :)

miclo18d
08-02-2017, 18:12
Back in 87 I saw a BORTAC guy demonstrate how simply pushing on the front of a Baretta 92 would defeat being able to fire the weapon. He received a nice little hole in the palm of his hand.

During Just Cause, after we had been moved to Howard AFB, a squadleader in my company 3/75th did this (demonstrating the "safety feature") and after it went through his hand it went into a privates abdomen.

WarriorDiplomat
08-02-2017, 18:58

Well he is right it does interfere with the weapon but then again the guy holding the gun recoils and squeezes the trigger....

Well I hate to mention it but it did happen a XXX student shot himself in the leg while cleaning his weapon while drunk off duty.....and yes he is still in SF

There was another true story of an XXX who was going through SFAUC and was practicing his draw and trigger squeeze with his personal weapon in the mirror only to crack off a round and shoot his wife in the face through the wall....to this day his wife is the only person he ever shot in the face Doooooh:eek:

JimP
08-03-2017, 06:05
I didn't know Obama had created a Krispy-Kreme Task Force (KKTF).

Also - when the FBI transitioned to Glocks, their ND's dramatically increased. They had to revamp their training program and manual of arms for the Glock platform. This fat-phuc probably is some sort of IRS agent or postal inspector (although the one 1811 postal inspector I know is a bad dude and one of the last people I'd screw with); my point being, if you drop a Glock, let it drop....it ain't going to go off.

Probably from one of the myriad federal agencies that allowed armed "agents" under the Obama Regime and never developed a sufficient training program.

Not sure if FLETC covers "what to do when you fumble-phuc your weapon in a crowded environment"; maybe one of our guys there can speak up?

Last hard class
08-03-2017, 10:19
I read he was ICE from the Kansas City area

LHC

rsdengler
08-03-2017, 10:56
Better hope he isn't a vindictive (and fat) IRS agent! :D

LOL...Well if that's the case, just bribe him with a case of "Twinkies" and you should be fine:D But really, the only thing he could really do to you is squash you. Or shoot you in the foot by accident.....:p

bblhead672
08-03-2017, 13:23
I read he was ICE from the Kansas City area

LHC

Shakiest Gun in the West!

mojaveman
08-03-2017, 15:58
When it comes to negligent discharges I think the Military Police have everyone beat. I witnessed no less than six in the two and a half years I was there. There were a few flesh wounds but luckily the shooters nor any innocent bystanders were killed. M1200s, M1911A1s and P7s do not belong in the hands of stupid people.

WarriorDiplomat
08-03-2017, 16:54
When it comes to negligent discharges I think the Military Police have everyone beat. I witnessed no less than six in the two and a half years I was there. There were a few flesh wounds but luckily the shooters nor any innocent bystanders were killed. M1200s, M1911A1s and P7s do not belong in the hands of stupid people.

Well neither does a MK19, a M4 or a 240B which all three weapons were ND's by the same Senior NCO on the same tour of duty the MK19 was ND'd and impacted within a FOB

Badger52
08-03-2017, 18:41
Not sure if FLETC covers "what to do when you fumble-phuc your weapon in a crowded environment"; maybe one of our guys there can speak up?Don't know about FLETC but if they don't cover it it's because they dismissed experienced counsel from the initial factory transition teams. Initial armorer & all continuing classes (and a very fun G18 orientation) the dicta remained very simple: If it's falling, let it drop.

I've managed to witness someone defeat everything on a 1911 and permanently remove a good chunk of one butt-cheek, so the moral is that it can be done, with anything, by anyone. This is all under the heading of "things you'd have learned in school had you been paying attention (& not launching your striker spring across the room at your buddy)." Some folks' role in life is to serve as an example to others.