PDA

View Full Version : WTH is DEERS???

JJ_BPK
07-18-2017, 09:06
What is DEERS?? and WTH does this mean?? Do the gender marker'd get the PT test of choice??

Box
07-18-2017, 09:28
The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) database contains information on DoD sponsored personnel . It is used to track patients through the military health system. It is also required to receive and retain TRICARE benefits. Incorrect information in the DEERS database can cause problems with TRICARE claims as well as other health care benefits,...
...like those procedures used to physically transform infantrymen into infantrypersons.

Maybe you are a nurse, and you want to be a Murse...
...DEERS

Maybe you have been working as a mid-wife and you are interested in changing careers and becoming a mid-husband...
...DEERS

Maybe you have just decided that lace underwear makes you feel so much more confident than tighty whities and you don't want to be hassled while showering after PT...
...DEERS

Most importantly, if you want TRICARE to cover your treatment for gender dysphoria, you will DEFINATELY need to update that gender marker.
Do you know where to go to update your gender marker?
...DEERS

Do you know what kind of meat tastes good in a nice hearty stew with a red wine based sauce?
...deer

rsdengler
07-18-2017, 11:32
LOL...and make sure if you definitely want to "alter your plumbing" that it is covered:

Gender Dysphoria Services:Covered Yes -Psychological Counseling and hormone therapy are covered for Gender Dysphoria. This condition is when a person is born one gender, but feels they are the opposite. For example, if you are born male, but feel you are female. Surgery isn't covered.

TRICARE generally doesn’t cover surgery for gender dysphoria. However, active duty service members may request a waiver if their provider deems surgery medically necessary to be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition.

Sex Changes-It depends only if ambiguous genitalia is documented at birth. TRICARE may cover intersex surgery to correct ambiguous genitalia only when it is documented as being present at birth.

HA...too funny....let's get the ball rolling, don't forget "transgender wannabees" you need to go on a shopping spree, you may want to think about the "new gender" wardrobe....:p He-She's....don't forget Silky Lingerie (need something soft against the skin)...She-He's....nice set of plaid shirts, and some nice boxers or briefs (stay away from anything that says "Bikini") ....LOL

JJ_BPK
07-18-2017, 12:28
The Olympics uses a gender test to cull the wieners from Wheaties (no pun intended Bruce)..

Can't wait until Bruce competes in the ladies 100 butterfly.. :lifter

Gender testing at the Olympic Games

Aiming to create a fair competition, the International Olympic Committee first introduced gender testing in 1968, primarily to prevent men from competing in the women's events. As they have discovered over time, there is not always a clear boundary between the two.

Gender testing was first introduced at the Olympics in 1968 for the Winter Games in Grenoble. These tests were compulsory for female athletes, possibly due to fears that male athletes would pose as female athletes and have an unfair advantage over their competitors. However, most cases of men competing as females have been unintentional.

One of the most famous cases, and the earliest, is of Polish athlete Stanisława Walasiewicz (also known as Stella Walsh), who won gold in the women's 100 m at the 1932 Summer Olympics in LA, and silver in the 100 m at the 1936 Olympics. After she was shot dead during an armed robbery in 1980, the subsequent autopsy revealed she possessed male body parts, although she also had female characteristics as well.

The first athlete to actually fail a gender test was another Polish athlete Ewa Kłobukowska. In Tokyo 1964 he won gold in the women's 4x100 m relay and was third in the women's 100 m. In 1967 she was found to have a rare genetic condition (XX/XXY mosaicism) which gave her no advantage over other athletes, but was still banned from competing in Olympic and professional sports.

At the 1976 Summer Olympics, it has been reported that the only female competitor not to have to submit to a sex test was Princess Anne of the UK, who was competing as a member of the UK equestrian team. As the daughter Queen Elizabeth II, such a test was seen as inappropriate. As someone has pointed out, do they really need to test the equestrian riders, as the men and women compete against each other.

link: (http://www.topendsports.com/events/summer/gender-testing.htm)

Box
07-18-2017, 13:00
However, most cases of men competing as females have been unintentional.

wow

run fast run fast run fast run fast run fast run fast run fast...
...first place

later at the podium....
...hey, I didn't notice that hanging there before the race, how unintentional
...I feel so silly

Badger52
07-18-2017, 13:29
DEERS "gender marker" ? To JJ's question, is that gender born, I wanna be, I wish I was, I'm going to be....?

Or does it look like this?

PRB
07-18-2017, 13:31
They are a bit ahead of the game.....Mattis put a 6 month hold on that decision and hopefully it will be permanent.

WarriorDiplomat
07-18-2017, 21:41
They are a bit ahead of the game.....Mattis put a 6 month hold on that decision and hopefully it will be permanent.

Well the rumint is there is already one going through the process in the regiment not sure if this decision stops this...personally if this happens the person once they begin therapy and after the reassignment surgery should have to requalify as an SF person without the benefit of the testosterone and man strength that got him through the first time.

Razor
07-19-2017, 07:54

My understanding is that Mattis' decision only affects new accessions. The mentally ill that are already service members can continue to serve.

PRB
07-19-2017, 09:45
My understanding is that Mattis' decision only affects new accessions. The mentally ill that are already service members can continue to serve.

I see this as mentally ill.....it is in a dif category from gay or even those that want to dress up and play girl....they know they are not.

If you really think you are a girl, penis and DNA aside, you are a freakin NUT.....why the hell should society underwrite mental illness?

I am not suggesting they should be reviled etc.....but, they are sick. We are going to pass laws and regulations supporting mental illness?

Box
07-19-2017, 10:35
I see this as mentally ill...

The hard part to wrap your head around is that the system acknowledges that this is an aberrant mental state.
The system identifies it and labels it as gender dysphoria - and empowers the puppet show by playing along like we are dealing with a child that wont stop crying in church.
...but we don't want to embarrass ourselves by getting up and carrying the kid out of the room

So we will just look the other way and pay whatever costs are associated with keeping the issue quiet.

absurdity - but at least we can be entertained by the freak show

WarriorDiplomat
07-19-2017, 12:08
The hard part to wrap your head around is that the system acknowledges that this is an aberrant mental state.
The system identifies it and labels it as gender dysphoria - and empowers the puppet show by playing along like we are dealing with a child that wont stop crying in church.
...but we don't want to embarrass ourselves by getting up and carrying the kid out of the room

So we will just look the other way and pay whatever costs are associated with keeping the issue quiet.

absurdity

Yeah we have an institutional fear instilled from the last 8 years....I listen to the philosophy from those no longer on the ground telling us formally like were idiots that these things will not affect the troops or morale of the force with a smile.....in personal conversations or overhearing two equals talking sometimes you hear their real opinions.......we don't have true believers in any reasonable values at higher echelons we have many who are morally promiscuous and stay on the fence.....like everything else in the Army if the debauchery is kept in house no harm no foul but as soon as the unit cannot contain the messaging careers get fried......No commander wants to be the first to have the rainbow coalition marching at the gates of their installation or in our case compound.....A few will get thrown under the bus career wise if their is a bad reaction to it.....Jeez seeing the snowflakes here at Colorado College on Nevada street during the post election I can see the rainbows coming to a base near you if we take away their privilege I mean their right to serve.....and get free sex change operations....spread there beliefs......get free psyche....meet other singles......look at same sex people while showering.....

JimP
07-19-2017, 13:57
Yeah we have an institutional fear instilled from the last 8 years....I listen to the philosophy from those no longer on the ground telling us formally like were idiots that these things will not affect the troops or morale of the force with a smile.....in personal conversations or overhearing two equals talking sometimes you hear their real opinions.......we don't have true believers in any reasonable values at higher echelons we have many who are morally promiscuous and stay on the fence.....like everything else in the Army if the debauchery is kept in house no harm no foul but as soon as the unit cannot contain the messaging careers get fried......No commander wants to be the first to have the rainbow coalition marching at the gates of their installation or in our case compound.....A few will get thrown under the bus career wise if their is a bad reaction to it.....Jeez seeing the snowflakes here at Colorado College on Nevada street during the post election I can see the rainbows coming to a base near you if we take away their privilege I mean their right to serve.....and get free sex change operations....spread there beliefs......get free psyche....meet other singles......look at same sex people while showering.....

SPOT-ON!! I can't tell you how many Flags/Stars I heard and watched tell us that this is the way it is; that if you don't like it you need to GTFO...NOW. Some of these guys I served with at the lower ranks and they were NOT PC at all. Somewhere they took a wrong turn and sold their soul for a handful of silver.

We will NEVER recover until we get bloodied REAL badly by China or the Russians or the freakin' Muj who don't buy into this shit. If/IF we survive, maybe the survivors will refuse to go quietly into the ovens again.....but how many need die to stop the insanity?

Golf1echo
07-19-2017, 15:50
SPOT-ON!!

We will NEVER recover until we get bloodied REAL badly by China or the Russians or the freakin' Muj who don't buy into this shit. If/IF we survive, maybe the survivors will refuse to go quietly into the ovens again.....but how many need die to stop the insanity?

I've got to agree sadly and would add our own citizens and politicians to the list of possible causes. Frankly I am stunned with the logic and thought process of many in this country, no contextual understanding, little consensus, nor the understanding that it boils down to us and if we aren't contributing then we have less than nothing. When Politicians spend the majority of their time raising money for themselves and resisting governance pray tell how would that ever work? I recently saw how many bills were approved by sanders and waters over their long tenure, it was 3 for sanders and about the same for waters...typically you want an employee to be productive and that is why they get paid.

So much for Sociology and Anthropology they have been deemed fake science by the liberals...we will all pay the price.

frostfire
07-19-2017, 18:31
SPOT-ON!! I can't tell you how many Flags/Stars I heard and watched tell us that this is the way it is; that if you don't like it you need to GTFO...NOW. Some of these guys I served with at the lower ranks and they were NOT PC at all. Somewhere they took a wrong turn and sold their soul for a handful of silver.

Mental illness indeed. We dont tell anorexic persons that they indeed look fat just like what the mirrors say. So how is this any different?
Primum non nocere just takes a whole different stake.
Would you lay down your career to remain faithful to that oath?
We expect the GO to resign in protest of insanity. Perhaps we are to hold ourselves to the same resolve?

Two at Bragg are "actively" transitioning. One will struggle with passing apft after the reassignment. How many more unforeseen (and foreseen) consequnces we
would see before the experiment ends?

sfshooter
07-19-2017, 19:06
Mental illness indeed. We dont tell anorexic persons that they indeed look fat just like what the mirrors say. So how is this any different?
Primum non nocere just takes a whole different stake.
We expect the GO to resign in protest of insanity. Perhaps we are to hold ourselves to the same resolve?

Two at Bragg are "actively" transitioning. One will struggle with passing apft after the reassignment. How many more unforeseen (and foreseen) consequnces we
would see before the experiment ends?

As I have said before, this is a mental illness and any psychologist will tell you so. As I recall we had to take an extensive mental evaluation during selection. To weed out the crazies I thought and make sure anyone continuing on would be mentally stable for the upcoming stress etc....
If indeed these individuals are mentally ill (which it appears the military agrees they have a mental disorder) then how is it they can stay in the Regiment, much less on a team?

Am I to understand all values and rules are out the window when dealing with these people?:mad:

Requiem
07-19-2017, 19:08
It's the modern version of the Emperor's New Clothes. No one is willing to call bullsh*t, so the parade goes on and we all look like fools.

But answer me this - if a soldier trades in his gender marker and sacrifices his dangly bits to the knife and becomes a "she" instead of a he - wouldn't this person now be disqualified to serve on teams that are all-male? Seems he would forfeit that opportunity by becoming a "woman."

I suppose conversely, if a woman became a man, would "he" now be able to serve (provided "he" qualifies) on an all-male team?

S.

PSM
07-19-2017, 20:28

Well, this General did:

France's army chief resigns over Macron's budget cuts

France's army chief has resigned after clashing with President Emmanuel Macron over defense budget cuts. General Pierre De Villiers said he could not guarantee the defense of France.

France's army chief abruptly quit on Wednesday in a mushrooming dispute with President Emmanuel Macron over budget cuts to the military, underlying the challenges the new leader will face over planned economic reforms.

"I have always taken care ... to maintain a military model that guarantees the coherence between the threats that weigh on France and Europe, the missions of our armies that don't stop growing, and the necessary budget means to fulfill them," he said in a resignation statement.

De Villiers, who has been in the position since 2014, added that he could no longer perform the functions of the job.

"I no longer consider myself in a position to ensure the durability of the military model that I believe in, to guarantee the protection of France and the French," he said.

More: http://www.dw.com/en/frances-army-chief-resigns-over-macrons-budget-cuts/a-39755377

Who would have thought?

Pat

WarriorDiplomat
07-19-2017, 22:22
Well, this General did:

Who would have thought?

Pat

Silence is consent and continuing to serve in a climate of social justice taking precedence over warfighting......when these Generals and Admirals stay silent after retirement having earned enough money to lived without retirement pay if they wanted the advantage of a resume of consistent leadership and top notch experience to continue in another venture and they stay silent after retirement? Do they screen O's to make sure they are completely pragmatic and stand for not a single ideal before they promote them? Well the Smedley Darlington Butlers of the world are truly a rare breed of man

Badger52
07-20-2017, 05:09
Silence is consent and continuing to serve in a climate of social justice taking precedence over warfighting......when these Generals and Admirals stay silent after retirement having earned enough money to lived without retirement pay if they wanted the advantage of a resume of consistent leadership and top notch experience to continue in another venture and they stay silent after retirement? Do they screen O's to make sure they are completely pragmatic and stand for not a single ideal before they promote them? Well the Smedley Darlington Butlers of the world are truly a rare breed of manAn expression comes to mind:
"If you won't stand for something, you'll probably stand for anything."

JimP
07-20-2017, 05:41
Sad freaking day when a French General shows more spine than our own Perfumed Princes.

WarriorDiplomat
07-20-2017, 06:06
It's the modern version of the Emperor's New Clothes. No one is willing to call bullsh*t, so the parade goes on and we all look like fools.

But answer me this - if a soldier trades in his gender marker and sacrifices his dangly bits to the knife and becomes a "she" instead of a he - wouldn't this person now be disqualified to serve on teams that are all-male? Seems he would forfeit that opportunity by becoming a "woman."

I suppose conversely, if a woman became a man, would "he" now be able to serve (provided "he" qualifies) on an all-male team?

S.

Well the issue is the Army is gender neutral there is no such thing as male only units anymore....thank you Obama.....brought to you by Carl's Jr.....and Brawndo

rsdengler
07-20-2017, 11:17
Well the issue is the Army is gender neutral there is no such thing as male only units anymore....thank you Obama.....brought to you by Carl's Jr.....and Brawndo

Ha...Funny... :) but it could be very confusing this "New Gender Neutral" Army with all the mix-matching of "New Body Parts" and "Disappearing Body Parts" and "Gender Counseling", sort of like Frankenstein's Monster. Especially when your former "male" drinking buddy would rather go shopping for a nice new pair of stilettos rather than watch the football game at the bar :p

bblhead672
07-20-2017, 12:48
Especially when your former "male" drinking buddy would rather go shopping for a nice new pair of stilettos rather than watch the football game at the bar :p

Or accuses you of sexual harassment!

Badger52
07-20-2017, 14:15
Or accuses you of sexual harassment!The modern investment in victimhood is a zero-sum game which requires someone to be the tormentor, who is then persecuted. Different facet of the same class-warfare coin.