PDA

View Full Version : You can't fix stupid, but you can kill it......

Team Sergeant
06-28-2017, 10:44
It sad to think this was done with a sober thought process.......

Charges filed after YouTube gun stunt gone wrong leaves boyfriend dead

By Fox 9 Published June 28, 2017

In what family members describe as a YouTube stunt gone wrong, a 22-year-old man from Halstad, Minnesota is dead and his pregnant girlfriend is in jail.

Around 6:30 p.m. Monday night, Norman County sheriff’s deputies responded to the 500 block of U.S. Highway 75 on a report of a shooting. Live-saving efforts were made and a medical helicopter was called, but 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ruiz’s girlfriend, 19-year-old Monalisa Perez, was booked into jail for reckless discharge of a firearm.

Ruiz’s aunt told Valley News Live that the couple had been trying to get famous on YouTube, and their pranks were escalating.

"He had told me about an idea. I said, don't do it, don't do it,” Claudia Ruiz told Valley News Live. “Why are you going to use a gun? Why?”

Pedro Ruiz apparently gave Perez a 50 caliber handgun and instructed her to shoot a round into a book he was holding, thinking it would stop the bullet. The couple had apparently tested the stunt before attempting it on video.

cont:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/28/charges-filed-after-youtube-gun-stunt-gone-wrong-leaves-boyfriend-dead.html

Mustang Man
06-28-2017, 11:35
I guess the book's plot wasn't really deep enough. ;)

I'm kinda glad we live in such a hyper obsessive social media world, more idiots will continue following suit cleaning the gene pool.

PedOncoDoc
06-28-2017, 12:16
In this instance you don't need to kill stupidity - it does the job for you. Much easier this way. ;)

Badger52
06-28-2017, 12:53
"Hey, Alexa...."

JimP
06-28-2017, 13:41
Stupid should be painful...sometimes it's fatal.

tonyz
06-28-2017, 14:12
"Ruiz’s aunt told Valley News Live that the couple had been trying to get famous on YouTube, and their pranks were escalating."

...halfway there.

Joker
06-28-2017, 16:07
TS lead injection to the heart is the cure.
Sometimes/most times the cure kills the patient.

doctom54
06-28-2017, 20:07
Too bad he knocked up his girlfriend before he became a contender for the Darwin award.

My thought also

PRB
06-28-2017, 20:33
I guess he's famous now....for 15 minutes....

Remington Raidr
06-28-2017, 20:39
I guess the book's plot wasn't really deep enough. ;)

Oooh. Too soon.

Peregrino
06-28-2017, 21:05
I guess he's famous now....for 15 minutes....

I just want to know when it gets posted to YouTube. :munchin

Team Sergeant
06-28-2017, 21:34
I just want to know when it gets posted to YouTube. :munchin

No it will not ever be posted to youtube, it will be posted to Liveleak. Liveleak is the "adult" version of youtube.

Guy
06-29-2017, 09:03
Pedro Ruiz apparently gave Perez a 50 caliber handgun and instructed her to shoot a round into a book he was holding, thinking it would stop the bullet. The couple had apparently tested the stunt before attempting it on video.

:eek::confused:

Sdiver
06-29-2017, 10:48
IT WORKED !!!!!!

See what happens when you remove the warning labels ...

:D :munchin

Badger52
06-29-2017, 11:26
IT WORKED !!!!!!

See what happens when you remove the warning labels ...

:D :munchinI'll take Natural Selection for $1200 Alex.

Old Dog New Trick
06-29-2017, 11:37
You know what they say (and in this case you tell your children as they grow up without a daddy or a mommy)

"If there are pictures or video, it really happened! Mommy shot daddy in the chest for fun!"

Stupid is what stupid does!

bblhead672
06-29-2017, 13:56
My vote for Darwin Award winner June 2017!

Team Sergeant
06-29-2017, 16:03
Obviously it was NOT a "tactical" book........

A "tactical" or "assault" book will stop some bullets.

They probably didn't read the inside label.

Old Dog New Trick
06-29-2017, 16:05
Obviously it was NOT a "tactical" book........

A "tactical" or "assault" book will stop some bullets.

They probably didn't read the inside label.

:D LOL

Or the King James Version of the Bible. That and the old yellow pages will stop a .50 cold. :p

Requiem
06-29-2017, 17:00
Unfortunately the idiot was killed in front of his 3 y/o daughter. Tragic.

My 15 y/o has watched a few of these YouTube celebrity idiots. I've seen stuff from mildly stupid pranks to alarming stunts and the trend is definitely to escalate things so these jackasses continue to draw viewers, most who have the attention span of a gnat. One guy was recently arrested for removing a stop sign from an intersection. It's one thing to get yourself killed, but putting innocent people in danger is beyond excusable. Another faked a kidnapping of a friend. I have no idea of it was an act (and I hope it was), but the friend was beyond terrified, pleading for his life to the point that it was hard for me to watch. They profited on their "friend's" terror. If someone did that to my kid, I'd hunt them down and kill them.

Some of these guys earn $3000+ a day and post something new daily. Take away the profit and these imbeciles will disappear.

S.

Gypsy
06-29-2017, 17:09
I am no longer shocked by the stupidity of people, sad but true.

MR2
06-29-2017, 17:25
Watch this, hold my book....

exsquid
06-29-2017, 17:41
You cannot kill stupid if it has already procreated.

x/S

Chucko
06-29-2017, 18:20
I am surprised at the idiocy of these supposedly funny scare tactics used like a monster coming out from behind a building and chasing people who are scared to death . I am curious as to why nobody ever got shot by a CCW carrier slapping leather in a panic mode. I am thinking that will happen sometime.

As to Super Pedro, he should have gotten a bigger book. Just guessing but their practice session was maybe in the center of the book but the fatal shot in all likelihood was nearer the edge of the book when the misses missed the center.