PDA

View Full Version : Cultural Appropriation

cbtengr
05-24-2017, 17:01
You better be the right ethnicity if you plan on peddling ethnic foods. Am I going to have to start paying a fee if I make Mongolian Beef? As a side note if you are not a black female do not even think about wearing hoops in your ears, you have not earned that right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4538398/Burrito-shop-shuts-accused-stealing-culture.html

JJ_BPK
05-24-2017, 17:40
This is the stupidest PC FAIL I've read in weeks..

A burrito shop forced to close because the PC thugs in Portland deemed it racist and culturally insensitive,, because the owners were white..

Next Week: Riots in China town, The Polish American Club instigated riots in the down town area because they believe the Chinese stole their Perogi receipt, and pass them off as Pot Stickers..

Week after: China declares war on Italy. Demands reparations for 800 years of copy rite infringement by Marco Polo for stealing miàn (simplified Chinese: 面; traditional Chinese: 麵; noodles recipes

Coming to your neighborhood: Mexico is suing the WORLD for the thief of Cacao Theobroma (Chocolate), a primary element in the Inca religious ceremonies.

PS: The picture looks like a pile of Paratas, Bangladeshi flat bread. Maybe we can turn this into an international race riot??

tonyz
05-24-2017, 18:02
It's all about control.

The death of individual freedom continues.

Paslode
05-24-2017, 19:30
It's all about control.

The death of individual freedom continues.

I was thinking segregation, that is a form of control. At this rate it won't be too long before they start chasing whitey down and lynching him.

Box
05-24-2017, 21:58
I have two questions...

Who in the fuck owns Macaroni and Cheese?
Who in the fuck owns bacon cheeseburgers?

I need answers and I need them fast.

bblhead672
05-25-2017, 06:40
Portland...trying hard to beat California for stupidity.

tonyz
05-25-2017, 07:15
Let me see if this essentially captures some of the Statist bullshit going around campus and liberal enclaves today.

You must bake gay cake if you're straight or religious...but you can't make a taco if your white.

Humiliation of whites is always ok.

Nonwhites can never be racist.

Whites are always racist.

Segregation is good if we call for it - segregation is racist if you call for it.

Essentially, speech is free if I agree with it - if I disagree your freedom is violently shut down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fDVwVPoIU

How many fingers?????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTFV9w4B0eg

Paslode
05-25-2017, 07:26
I have two questions...

Who in the fuck owns Macaroni and Cheese?
Who in the fuck owns bacon cheeseburgers?

I need answers and I need them fast.

Monsanto for $500.

Box
05-25-2017, 07:39
Tony that is some PHD level diversity awareness But you still have much to learn...
...what is "white"?

Is Rache Dolezal white?
What about Barry Sotero? He has a white mother and was raised by white grandparents and educated with white privilege!
Is he "white" ???

What about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas?
...the color of his skin is deceptive; he is subjected to the same humiliation and scorn as people with skin MUCH whiter than Mrs. Dolezal or Mr. Sotero.

And the tacos...
....please don't forget about the tacos. Your white privileged, xenophobic, ethnocentric, culturally biased, patriarchal, capitalist values are so...
SO...
...silly.

Refusal to sell a gay cake is a discriminatory assault on the private lives and personal freedoms of those that might choose an alternate lifestyle. Refusal to celebrate "love" in any of its manifestations is a symbol of arrogance and bigotry.
...because someone wishes to use "cake" as the vehicle to peddle their oppression.

Selling cultural food for profit...
...that's the hook. Cultural appropriation is not the same thing as the bigotry associated with gay-cake-hatred. Travel bans against peace-loving people from the middle east is an existential necessity - they are going to suicide-bomb us out of existence but we don't mind stealing a bit of culture from them.

Keep those dirty Arabs out of my country, but more kebabs and shawarmas mom -

Profiteering from the same oppressed cultures that the xenophobes so desire to drive out from within America's borders. We need to keep those evil Hispanics from contaminating our borders !!!!
They are taking our jobs !!!

More tacos mom - and make the next batch a little more American

HEY MA' - the TACOS - we want em' NOW

tonyz
05-25-2017, 07:53
Tony that is some PHD level diversity awareness But you still have much to learn...
...what is "white"?

Is Rache Dolezal white?
What about Barry Sotero? He has a white mother and was raised by white grandparents and educated with white privilege!
Is he "white" ???

What about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas?
...the color of his skin is deceptive; he is subjected to the same humiliation and scorn as people with skin MUCH whiter than Mrs. Dolezal or Mr. Sotero.

And the tacos...
....please don't forget about the tacos. Your white privileged, xenophobic, ethnocentric, culturally biased, patriarchal, capitalist values are so...
SO...
...silly.

Refusal to sell a gay cake is a discriminatory assault on the private lives and personal freedoms of those that might choose an alternate lifestyle. Refusal to celebrate "love" in any of its manifestations is a symbol of arrogance and bigotry.
...because someone wishes to use "cake" as the vehicle to peddle their oppression.

Selling cultural food for profit...
...that's the hook. Cultural appropriation is not the same thing as the bigotry associated with gay-cake-hatred. Travel bans against peace-loving people from the middle east is an existential necessity - they are going to suicide-bomb us out of existence but we don't mind stealing a bit of culture from them.

Keep those dirty Arabs out of my country, but more kebabs and shawarmas mom -

Profiteering from the same oppressed cultures that the xenophobes so desire to drive out from within America's borders. We need to keep those evil Hispanics from contaminating our borders !!!!
They are taking our jobs !!!

More tacos mom - and make the next batch a little more American

HEY MA' - the TACOS - we want em' NOW

I love it - this day drinking is underrated.

:lifter

Golf1echo
05-25-2017, 08:25
Where are all the Democrats like James K. Polk when you need one? :D

rsdengler
05-25-2017, 11:35
As a side note if you are not a black female do not even think about wearing hoops in your ears, you have not earned that right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4538398/Burrito-shop-shuts-accused-stealing-culture.html

LOL..."F "them, I will keep wearing my damn hoops in my ears if I want too; and the big ones at that! Ha....:lifter

OK so maybe some of those African-American females who want to change their looks to be more "white" should stop bleaching their skin, stop lightening and straightening their hair, stop having nose and cheek jobs to look "Caucasian", and stop using colored eye contacts. Stop trying to steal my "White Identity"......:rolleyes:

So, what's for lunch....TACO'S or CHINESE.....:p sorry, I hope that this is not "insensitive" towards others...gee.....

Divemaster
05-25-2017, 12:07
So:

If you can't make ethnic food, you can't eat it either. Let's see what that does to the authentic (and chain) Mexican restaurants. Of course this will mean rather bland diets for some. There is a reason there is no such thing as an Irish restaurant, but thousands of pubs.

Only Guidos get Columbus Day off.

Only former presidents get to chill on President's Day.

Labor Day is for communists only.

No Hispanics, Africans, and most of you other Europeans at my St. Patrick's Day. But you can be our designated drivers at the end of the evening.

If you never served, quit misappropriating Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Get your pacifist ass back to work.

If your segregated safe space comes under armed attack, the police will henceforth respectfully wait until officers of the appropriate ethnicity and/or gender can be assembled, given sensitivity training, and change into nonthreatening uniforms before arriving to provide a proporionate and caring response.

tonyz
05-25-2017, 16:43
In honor of this thread I promise not to wear a hijab and - no - I'm not just blowing smoke from my Cuban cigar up anyone's dashiki...as I enjoy my nice glass of Scotch Whisky.

Geesh...I'm a bit triggered by all these new rules...it's tough to be a proper Statist/globalist progressive.

JJ_BPK
05-25-2017, 16:57
While your at it...

All you Yankee Blue Bellies,, as of rite hir-n-now,,

No more BBQ ANYTHING, Corn Bread, Collards, Black Eye Peas & Rice, Fried Ocra and/or Green tomatas, still whiskey, Cat Fish, Crawdads, boiled peanuts, Peaches,, Or Cotton skives..

Mamma,, Did I forget Grits & Chitlins??

:D:D:D:D

ddoering
05-25-2017, 18:00
Does this mean I can't use chop sticks anymore?

Then again, if some folks hate whitey so much they should stop using things invented by him, like electric appliances, running water, the internet (see, Al Gore is good for something), cars, guns, etc... Damn, the list goes on and on.

rsdengler
05-26-2017, 04:38
While your at it...

All you Yankee Blue Bellies,, as of rite hir-n-now,,

No more Corn Bread

Man, no more CORN BREAD? I am devastated.....I grew up with corn bread...that is just not right....LOL:)

bblhead672
05-26-2017, 07:19
Does this mean I can't use chop sticks anymore?

Then again, if some folks hate whitey so much they should stop using things invented by him, like electric appliances, running water, the internet (see, Al Gore is good for something), cars, guns, etc... Damn, the list goes on and on.

They should also quit eating our food and speaking our language. Go back to African diets and dialects.

Guy
05-26-2017, 07:37
This is what you get when..."Everyone should go to college." (https://www.google.com/search?q=everyone+should+go+to+college&oq=everyone+should+&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l5.11002j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)