PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a DEP

swampfox
01-16-2005, 21:49
Hey guys i'm a DEP and i signed up for the 18xray option. I go to basic in july, and i'm in good shape, and all i've ever wanted to do was be in SF and i'm willin to do whatever it takes to do it, everybody says i'm crazy for doin it and i wont make it, but i say screw em' cuz i refuse to give up and hate losing. I was wonderin if one of yall could give me some advice on how to prepare and things that will help me the most in Selection. I also have heard of the pre-selection course that you go to before actual Selection, that is around 4 weeks long, and i would like to know what all that involves because i cant find anything about it on the internet or anywhere else, all i can find is about the actual selection. I appreciate the help!
Swampfox

NousDefionsDoc
01-16-2005, 21:56
Fill out your profile

Have you read every post in The Pipeline?

The Reaper
01-16-2005, 22:01
Hey guys i'm a DEP and i signed up for the 18xray option. I go to basic in july, and i'm in good shape, and all i've ever wanted to do was be in SF and i'm willin to do whatever it takes to do it, everybody says i'm crazy for doin it and i wont make it, but i say screw em' cuz i refuse to give up and hate losing. I was wonderin if one of yall could give me some advice on how to prepare and things that will help me the most in Selection. I also have heard of the pre-selection course that you go to before actual Selection, that is around 4 weeks long, and i would like to know what all that involves because i cant find anything about it on the internet or anywhere else, all i can find is about the actual selection. I appreciate the help!
Swampfox

Yeah, first read the stickies, the relevant posts, and do some searches here and on other sites. There are at least a dozen messages on here pertaining to what you are asking.

If you are lazy or expect to be spoon fed, you better have a back-up plan for joining SF.

Good luck.

TR

Kyobanim
01-16-2005, 22:05
If I might add, attention to detail. After you read all the posts like NDD suggests, you might want to come back here and re-write your post with correct punctuation and spelling, not internet shortcuts. There's no shortcuts on the path you've chosen.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

gits
01-16-2005, 22:10
No shit july huh? July 14th right? I got the same shipdate :) Could have did us all a favor and made an intro about yourself :)

jcreinhardt
01-21-2005, 18:41
i heard it' s a good idea through basic to find other 18x'rs and form your own little support group and stay away from the slackers and troublemakers. shit my shipdate is 7/12, hope to see you there.

Surgicalcric
01-21-2005, 20:45
i heard it' s a good idea through basic to find other 18x'rs and form your own little support group and stay away from the slackers and troublemakers. shit my shipdate is 7/12, hope to see you there.

Staying away from the troublemakers is pretty universal regardless of what you are attempting to do. Hopefully you did not need someone to point that out to you.

You still need to work on your punctuation as previously pointed out.

Support group huh... Not gonna go there.

Crip