PDA

View Full Version : 20 round AR mag question

Brush Okie
03-31-2017, 15:37
I found some 20 round AR mags on midway. The rand is Stoner Mags. Just wondering about the quality of the mags. I plenty of 30 round P mags but I would like a couple of 20 rounders.

JJ_BPK
04-01-2017, 06:09
As I understand, They are C-Products mags, branded for Midway.
I've not used any, but they should be OK..

The Reaper
04-01-2017, 07:56
If they are made by C Products, I would be very wary.

They were putting out some real garbage, I had some of the CP 7.62 SR-25 mags that would not even fit in the mag well, much less feed.

They went under and were subsequently reincarnated, but the new company does not warranty the old products with their name on them.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

JJ_BPK
04-01-2017, 08:04
If they are made by C Products, I would be very wary.

They were putting out some real garbage, I had some of the CP 7.62 SR-25 mags that would not even fit in the mag well, much less feed.

They went under and were subsequently reincarnated, but the new company does not warranty the old products with their name on them.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR

Thanks..

The Reaper
04-01-2017, 08:48
Used Colt's are not particularly rare.

Lots of collectors though.

TR

PSM
04-01-2017, 11:23
I've been using the C-Products 30s (SS) for a couple of years now and they are excellent, so far. I started with one just to test them, because of their previous rep, and now have at least 10. Good price, too!

Pat

SC Pete
04-03-2017, 20:59
Whatever it's worth... I ALWAYS carried a 20 rounder in my M-4/16. Learned that first time getting shot at. You can get a lot closer to the ground with a 20. Reload was a 30. With a 20 I changed mags while everyone else was shooting. And never used full auto. One shot per target. If'ns you can't see it, don't shoot it....
Old days SF there was no re-supply.

Brush Okie
04-03-2017, 22:20
And never used full auto. One shot per target. If'ns you can't see it, don't shoot it....
Old days SF there was no re-supply.

I was lucky enough to go through OSUT with some Vietnam vet DI's and a QP commander (not sure why SF/Ranger qualified 0-3 was picked for that post) but we learned a lot. We even had a couple of old Vietnam vets that reenlisted and were going through with us at 30 something years old. Both had CIB's. One of the things they drilled into our heads was make your shots count.

mojaveman
04-04-2017, 00:09
Just bought some 20 round Colt manufactured magazines from Cheaper than Dirt and they look really nice. They weren't that expensive either.