PDA

View Full Version : Deployed US Navy Has A Pregnancy Problem

Pete
03-02-2017, 16:07
Deployed US Navy Has A Pregnancy Problem, And It’s Getting Worse

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/exclusive-deployed-us-navy-has-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/#ixzz4aD2Whzwj

"A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness. Further, such increases cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama......"

We older folks remember "The Love Boat" from the first Gulf War. Nothing new - but the powers that be don't want to talk about it.

PedOncoDoc
03-02-2017, 16:12

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/exclusive-deployed-us-navy-has-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/#ixzz4aD2Whzwj

"A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness. Further, such increases cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama......"

We older folks remember "The Love Boat" from the first Gulf War. Nothing new - but the powers that be don't want to talk about it.

Can they administer mandatory and directly observed measures such as depo-provera for the duration of offshore duty assignments?

PSM
03-02-2017, 16:46
Break out the saltpeter! ;)

Pat

frostfire
03-02-2017, 17:01
boy, oh boy, can't wait to get the army version. ADA/artilery deployment delayed due to widespread pregnancy....SOF deployment rescheduled until after "due date"

Actually had a good chat with a PA CPT who's part of the engagement team in its 2nd run. She wished she could put chastity belt on her soldiers to negate the problem :eek:

Chucko
03-02-2017, 17:50
Who in their right mind couldn't have seen this coming? Evidently not the higher ups.

cbtengr
03-02-2017, 19:08
Who in their right mind couldn't have seen this coming? Evidently not the higher ups.

Who in their right mind, now that's some pretty funny shit there. You were trying to be funny weren't you? The same folks who were not in their right mind put women on submarines and lo and behold somebody filmed them in the showers.

Pat it's gonna take more than saltpeter to solve this issue. It might require someone that is in their "right" mind.

PRB
03-02-2017, 19:22
When the Army Values card came out, remember those items, I happened to be at GO level and sitting at a FORSCOM Commanders Conference hosted by FORSCOM.
These guys ain't dumb and this was some years ago but they sat around a big table talking as if a 20 something kid would refer to this card in sexual situations if properly trained.

Honestly, I was incredulous and said so, (the only SF guy there because of JTF6) and my CG couldn't care either....like really, that card is going to stop a young healthy guy from banging a young healthy girl?

Many of the CSM's gave me a shut up look but they knew better....my etiquette sucked. My etiquette because I only worked for a 'baby General' and all of the 3-4 bangers were present.

Offline everyone said, in that scenario, it was BS....but. Hendrix was the Forscom CG...he later told me it was BS but it was SECDEF pushed.

Hendrix was a warrior, I liked him....sometimes you salute and stfu.

Sohei
03-02-2017, 19:56

Those who would be truly affected by this saw it coming...those who weren't (politicians) could not have cared less. They chose to do what they felt would ensure them another term in office to complete their retirement benefits.

They are in their right minds, they simply don't care about the military and their effectiveness. Tools one and all....

Box
03-02-2017, 20:02

What makes you think that "they" didnt see this coming?

"They" never...
...ever
...ever ever ever
...never ever make a move without considering the "optics"

The "who in their right minds" that you are referring to saw this coming they jsut dont care.
...its not their problem

Social engineering isn't about the end state
...or fairness
...or justice
...equality

It would do everyone well to remember that.

The Reaper
03-02-2017, 21:57
I can't believe the stats are not classified.

This has been known since they started this experiment, and the decision-makers continued with the program anyway. Remember the USS Baberaham Lincoln?

People will do what they are going to do and at the time, the consequences be damned.

TR

Penn
03-03-2017, 08:34
Why not a requirement of birth control pills for females that deploy?

SouthernDZ
03-03-2017, 09:58
When men and women get together in tight spaces (sorry) there are a few outcomes that are likely.

Box
03-03-2017, 10:05
Why not a requirement of birth control pills for females that deploy?

OMG
are you suggesting that we meddle in a womans reproductive rights?

you are a savage
...I'll bet you hate every bone in a womans body except your own.

Shame on you

Streck-Fu
03-03-2017, 10:14

I was on the Ike in the 90s when they assigned 400 females to the ship. Over 40 went home between the work ups and cruise. none were mine...

ddoering
03-03-2017, 12:29

I can see the real headlines now, "Women Sailors doing Everything the Male Sailors do and More."

bblhead672
03-03-2017, 13:39
Deleted

cbtengr
03-03-2017, 14:32
Kinda dispels the stories that all those ***** ***** are lesbians.

In the same vein it tells us something about the male sailors ;) .

Up until today I was not all that familiar with just what the term ***** ***** meant exactly. Here is what I did learn about it, taken from the Urban Dictionary. The term "***** ***** " should never be used to describe a moral woman, dedicated wife or teenager under the age of 18.

bblhead it is extremely hard to go thru life today without offending somebody I hope that the powers to be will forgive you your transgressions.

Badger52
03-03-2017, 15:09
....SOF deployment rescheduled until after "due date"LOL. Another 112 slides tacked on the CONOP.

PSM
03-03-2017, 18:09
Kinda dispels the stories that all those female Naval personnel are lesbians.

(Edited because a lady on the forum found my language to be offensive).

The Engineer undermined your effort at face-saving! :D

Pat

bblhead672
03-03-2017, 18:49
The Engineer undermined your effort at face-saving! :D

Pat

Just deleted the post..nothing I do can save face now. Twice my fingers have been faster than my brain.

Old Dog New Trick
03-03-2017, 20:10
Just deleted the post..nothing I do can save face now. Twice my fingers have been faster than my brain.

Well, at least your vagina doesn't get in the way of doing the responsible thing; like your job for the next six months.

I always thought and was trained in my medical training that a normal pregnancy lasted nine months and that women's rights activists keep telling me pregnant women can do everything up until going into labor. At least that's what they keep saying. I don't see how this is an onboard problem, even if they got preggers before they deployed. They should be able to do their job even pregnant.

JMHO TMMV.

PSM
03-03-2017, 21:53

FWIW, that's a common term used in the airlines, too. Mostly in the cockpit, though. ;)

At my first airline, we flew Short's SD 330s. Guess what they were called:

scooter
03-03-2017, 22:00
Well, at least your vagina doesn't get in the way of doing the responsible thing; like your job for the next six months.

I always thought and was trained in my medical training that a normal pregnancy lasted nine months and that women's rights activists keep telling me pregnant women can do everything up until going into labor. At least that's what they keep saying. I don't see how this is an onboard problem, even if they got preggers before they deployed. They should be able to do their job even pregnant.

JMHO TMMV.

Adds a whole new meaning to "Anchor Baby", doesn't it?

Penn
03-04-2017, 00:34
I have read many of your post, all require a second read, but clarity is not the issue.

As a result, You have cost me a lot of money Mr. Biily! Broken glasses, spilled wine, cleaning bills for shit stained undies, and keyboards, and now this subtle doeee, except your own. and you rhymed it!

rsdengler
03-04-2017, 07:25
Deleted

Hey, what did I miss? LOL:p

glebo
03-04-2017, 07:26
I don't think you're the only one he's cost us...He does have an "eloquent" way with words...lolol

rsdengler
03-04-2017, 07:34
I don't think you're the only one he's cost us...He does have an "eloquent" way with words...lolol

Billy's quotes are my morning perk me up.....instead of my "caffeine" jolt, it is the "billy" jolt...hilarious:o

Box
03-04-2017, 07:55
It is my way of bringing a small ray of sunshine into the world without the added burden of putting on sunscreen...

bailaviborita
03-04-2017, 10:03
I can't believe the stats are not classified.

This has been known since they started this experiment, and the decision-makers continued with the program anyway. Remember the USS Baberaham Lincoln?

People will do what they are going to do and at the time, the consequences be damned.

TR

Funny you mention "classified". We queried our allies about their experiments with gender integration. Their reports were, as you'd expect, pretty illuminating. We promptly classified them with the explanation being that our allies wanted them classified so as to avoid PC embarrassment, since they didn't support integration. I asked one of our allies about the classification logic and he told me that that was untrue- we (the U.S.) insisted on classifying anything that potentially could be used to stop the gender warriors from getting what they wanted...

I'm reminded of two things in all this:

1- the continued increase in the politicization of the military. A large professional force in a nuclear era- wherein we really don't need a large conventional force for self preservation- turns into a tool of the elite class. The current elite class (excepting the current anti-establishment admin in the WH right now- which is not representative of those who control our culture and educational establishments) is pushing for a radical change to our culture- downplaying traditional male roles and increasing equality of outcome for the various special identity groups (in this case- females). If the Republican or Democrat establishment gets back in- expect the cultural elite to get back to working for equality of outcome again- which, of course, means special privileges to those who are not born equal...

2- the military not too long ago came out with a report that climate change was a national security priority- and that continued climate change would hurt our national security. The report, of course, was ordered written by the administration- and then disingenuously used as proof that it was a problem by the same administration.

All of this is to say that we fool ourselves in thinking our institution is non-political. If you don't support the administration in power- with their political agenda- then you won't last long.

Thus, begging the question- do we really need a large conventional professional force?

Old Dog New Trick
03-04-2017, 12:37
It's been quite awhile now but, I always thought there was a General Order in there somewhere that prohibited sexual intercourse while deployed or onboard naval vessels at sea.

So, if a woman wasn't preggers before she left and that should be a pre-deployment test. She sure as hell shouldn't be preggers when she gets back six-months later. Although being in her first or second trimester according to WOW should not be a disqualification for performing all required duties.

Sounds like the CoC doesn't want to prosecute or use UCMJ actions to correct misbehaving soldiers/sailors while deployed.

Things must have changed from the days when you were the property of the United States Government and the temple body belonged to Uncle Sam.

Everyone wants cake until they don't but the frosting dye stains the corner of your mouth for all to see.

LarryW
03-04-2017, 16:10
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics." Of the 16% how many women were impregnated aboard ship? How many were married? How many were found to intentionally use their pregnancy in order to avoid deployment, and for that matter how many men claimed physical exemption from deployment (my wife she, my dog it...etc)? (Maybe hard to prove but if evidence supports it then prosecute them under the UCMJ.)

I'm wondering if there is a "there" there. Men and women have been procreating for a while now and it causes wonder why this info is a sudden shock.

As for the gender neutral argument being hysterically stupid, well that's diddling around in a whole different dillio, isn't it?