PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Dill Pickles


PSM
01-27-2017, 15:59
This is new to me but turned out pretty good. They taste very close to Claussen Kosher Dills.

I made these just for quick use rather than long-term storage.

1 C water (less for more tart pickles)
1 C white distilled vinegar (more for tartness)
1 T dried or bunch of fresh dill
Several cloves of garlic to your liking (could have used more)
Pinch red pepper flakes
Black peppercorns to your liking
3 T Kosher salt (my wife says it's too much but she can make her own damned pickles :D)

Bring all of the above to a boil and let simmer for a short time. Pour over cucumber in heat tolerant container. Let cool and refrigerate.

I did a similar thing to Brussels sprouts but used Italian seasoning in place of the garlic and spices, including salt as the seasoning mix already had salt in it. I also cooked the sprouts for about 10 to 15 minutes before adding the brine.

Pat

adal
01-27-2017, 17:55
Yum!
Pickled brussel sprouts? Sounds tasty, too.
Thanks

PSM
01-27-2017, 21:27
Yum!
Pickled brussel sprouts? Sounds tasty, too.
Thanks

Well worth the lack of effort! ;)

Pat

twistedsquid
01-27-2017, 21:56
This looks like a simple, tasty recipe that can be adjusted easily. I have to try this.