PDA

View Full Version : SGM William "Bill" Robles (RIP)

Stras
01-06-2017, 09:11
Brothers and Sisters,
Sergeant Major William "Bill" Robles died peacefully last night, 5 Jan 2017 at the San Antonio Army Medical Center, Ft Sam Houston, Texas. He was surrounded by family and SF Brothers until the end.

He served in the 82nd, 7th SFG(A), SOCEUR, and the 10th SFG(A).

Information about a memorial ceremony at Fort Sam Houston, TX, and burial at Barrancas National Cemetery in Pensacola, FL, is forthcoming.
De Oppresso Liber.

v/r
Bill Strasburg

Sohei
01-06-2017, 09:21
Rest In Peace, Warrior and thank you for your service!

glebo
01-06-2017, 09:58
Damn so sorry to hear. I've been following the updates, thanks Stras.

RIP SGM, sincere condolences out to his family and tm mates

DOL

JJ_BPK
01-06-2017, 11:50
RIP SGM, Vaya con Dios..

My deepest condolences to his family and friends..

DOL

Rogue
01-06-2017, 11:56
Rest in Peace.

SF_BHT
01-06-2017, 12:11
Rest in Peace Bill

You will be never forgotten.

Prayers out to all of Bills Family and Friends.

Ret10Echo
01-06-2017, 13:06
RIP SGM...

Prayers out for the family... "knowing" it is coming does not soften the blow.

DOL

Abu Jack
01-06-2017, 17:31
Rest in Peace, Bill. May your memory be a blessing to all those you've touched over the years.

RATT31C
01-06-2017, 19:43
Bill was the brother I never had. Those that knew him understand what I am getting at. When he became the Sigdet Daddy 17 years ago, I never thought that I would end up with a brother and sister. When we asked them if they would like to be the god parents of our boys, they jumped at it.
Bill had the patience of a saint. He is the one that taught my wife how to drive. I guess me and sis didn't have that saintly patience. It's funny the small things you remember that are the most significant.
Stras and his other brothers that were/are there helping, you guys are the best. I hope that one day I can show my gratitude. That New Years day was the best one we ever had. We didn't say thank you then, but we are saying it now. I am not an SF Brother but you guys are my brothers now. Like it or not your stuck with us. My boys never understood why I loved being an enabler for you mugs, now they understand.
I didn't mean for this to be so sappy. I just wanted to tell y'all thanks and what Bill meant to us. I must have some Copenhagen in my eyes because I can't see very well right now.
TS thanks for getting the word out back in July.

Pat sends

adal
01-06-2017, 19:54
RIP

Stras
01-06-2017, 21:50
Bill was the brother I never had. Those that knew him understand what I am getting at. When he became the Sigdet Daddy 17 years ago, I never thought that I would end up with a brother and sister. When we asked them if they would like to be the god parents of our boys, they jumped at it.
Bill had the patience of a saint. He is the one that taught my wife how to drive. I guess me and sis didn't have that saintly patience. It's funny the small things you remember that are the most significant.
Stras and his other brothers that were/are there helping, you guys are the best. I hope that one day I can show my gratitude. That New Years day was the best one we ever had. We didn't say thank you then, but we are saying it now. I am not an SF Brother but you guys are my brothers now. Like it or not your stuck with us. My boys never understood why I loved being an enabler for you mugs, now they understand.
I didn't mean for this to be so sappy. I just wanted to tell y'all thanks and what Bill meant to us. I must have some Copenhagen in my eyes because I can't see very well right now.
TS thanks for getting the word out back in July.

Pat sends

Thanks for all your help Brother Pat !!!! He's still laughing about us setting up the DZ and asking for the Risk Assessment as we hung the christmas lights up...

Joker
01-06-2017, 21:59
Rest in Pease Brother. DOL

RATT31C
01-06-2017, 22:13
Thanks for all your help Brother Pat !!!! He's still laughing about us setting up the DZ and asking for the Risk Assessment as we hung the christmas lights up...

Good times, the smiles were all around.

akv
01-09-2017, 07:18
Rest in Peace and Thank You

JJ_BPK
02-20-2017, 18:20
deleted... sorry..

MK262MOD1
06-24-2017, 22:40
Just got back in here tonight and this was the first thread I looked for. I think about Bill a lot these days. A mentor and a warrior. Quiet in his own way and until the end concerned more about those around him than himself. He was truly one of a kind. I have to thank Stras and Pat and the rest of the guys. Those last days and the funeral were something else. It was a one of a kind thing I have never seen anywhere else.

DOL.

E sends

PRB
06-24-2017, 22:45
RIP SGM

ironstoNe
07-20-2017, 15:28
Just got back in here tonight and this was the first thread I looked for. I think about Bill a lot these days. A mentor and a warrior. Quiet in his own way and until the end concerned more about those around him than himself. He was truly one of a kind. I have to thank Stras and Pat and the rest of the guys. Those last days and the funeral were something else. It was a one of a kind thing I have never seen anywhere else.

DOL.

E sends

Always good to hear from you, Sir. Very true words regarding SGM Robles.