PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Assuming Bastards!

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2005, 13:03
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your note. As you've discovered, Google normally redirects users in countries other than the United States from Google.com to one of our country-specific sites (e.g. Google.com.co for Google Colombia). We use your computer's IP address, which is frequently the internet address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), to determine your location and the corresponding Google domain.

You can visit Google.com by setting a bookmark for http://www.google.com/webhp. You'll be taken to http://www.google.com/webhp (this is exactly the same as www.google.com) each time you select the bookmark.

We apologize for any inconvenience this process may cause you. If we can assist you further, please let us know.

Regards,
The Google Team

I would like to beat the living shit out of whoever assumed this would be a "added value". I am so sick of them making changes to computer programs and websites without asking. Installing shit on my computers without permission. Their fookin' little page re-drirects and shit. My ISP changed the name from a .com to a .co for email. Simply for marketing purposes. Never asked anybody anything. I called them raising hell and got mine changed back. GD cable companies changing channels and claiming market research - BS!

Abusive bastards.

Yeah, you "can assist me further", put the fookin' thing back like it was and leave it the fook alone!

Kyobanim
01-12-2005, 13:07
Tell us how you really feel. :p

Roguish Lawyer
01-12-2005, 13:13
I would like to beat the living shit out of whoever assumed this would be a "added value". I am so sick of them making changes to computer programs and websites without asking. Installing shit on my computers without permission. Their fookin' little page re-drirects and shit. My ISP changed the name from a .com to a .co for email. Simply for marketing purposes. Never asked anybody anything. I called them raising hell and got mine changed back. GD cable companies changing channels and claiming market research - BS!

Abusive bastards.

Yeah, you "can assist me further", put the fookin' thing back like it was and leave it the fook alone!

Yes, with all the money you pay to Google each year, your outrage is completely justified. :rolleyes: :boohoo

LOL

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2005, 13:33
That it is free is the only reason I am not on a Chiba (brightly painted musical caravan bus) somewhere in Mexico on my way to their HQ. I do pay for my ISP and cable tv. Imagine living in a world where you have to watch the NFL playoffs in Spanish with soccer commentators. Yet you can watch the same junior league soccer game on 4 different channels in English or Spanish. Or knowing there is college football on, yet you get ice skating and volleyball.

Nothing is ever easy...

Airbornelawyer
01-12-2005, 13:46
I live on West End Avenue, as in the "West End" of Manhattan. The Postal Service in its infinite wisdom, and any number of automated systems that follow USPS practice, has decided I must live on W END AVE.

Roguish Lawyer
01-12-2005, 14:07
That it is free is the only reason I am not on a Chiba (brightly painted musical caravan bus) somewhere in Mexico on my way to their HQ. I do pay for my ISP and cable tv. Imagine living in a world where you have to watch the NFL playoffs in Spanish with soccer commentators. Yet you can watch the same junior league soccer game on 4 different channels in English or Spanish. Or knowing there is college football on, yet you get ice skating and volleyball.

Nothing is ever easy...

LOL

Sounds like you need a satellite dish.

Do they say "goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll llllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when TDs are scored? Is the kicker perceived as the most skilled athlete on the team? LMAO

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2005, 14:08
I live on West End Avenue, as in the "West End" of Manhattan. The Postal Service in its infinite wisdom, and any number of automated systems that follow USPS practice, has decided I must live on W END AVE.

LOL - exactly what I am talking about. And when you don't get your mail, they will go all stupid on you.

NousDefionsDoc
01-12-2005, 14:11
LOL

Sounds like you need a satellite dish.

Do they say "goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll llllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when TDs are scored? Is the kicker perceived as the most skilled athlete on the team? LMAO

That is satellite. Sky and Direct TV. You should see the local service.

Yes, to both questions. "Brutality and Barbarism" are frequently heard to describe the last play.

Smokin Joe
01-12-2005, 22:48
LOL - exactly what I am talking about. And when you don't get your mail, they will go all stupid on you.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think they went anywhere they were already at STUPID in the first place. :D

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 08:40
Google changed it back to the local one. And blocked the cookies so I can't fix it.

BASTARDS!

Team Sergeant
11-24-2005, 08:49
Hey I don't have any google problems, oops, I forgot I don't use the "free" gmail either....:p

google invading your privacy on a level the government could only dream of....

google+invading+privacy = 311,000 google hits....;)

Bill Harsey
11-24-2005, 10:03
Wasn't Google found out to be aiding the Chinese government in censoring internet content?

That sure is good of them.

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 10:06
You guys are making me feel bad - STOP IT!:p

Dan
11-24-2005, 10:40
Google changed it back to the local one. And blocked the cookies so I can't fix it.

BASTARDS!

NDD, If you don't have it fixed yet try this:

- using notepad edit this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- it will look something like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

- now make it look like this

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
72.14.207.99 www.google.com

- save the file
- delete all google.com & www.google.com cookies
- try going to www.google.com

Let me know if this helps...keep in mind that they may change that IP so later we may have to change it manually.

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 10:52
No Dan, I did it, but it went right back to www.google.com.co

Dan
11-24-2005, 11:00
No Dan, I did it, but it went right back to www.google.com.co

Try adding this line:

72.14.207.99 www.google.com.co

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 11:48
But, but, that's the one I don't want...

Dan
11-24-2005, 12:05
But, but, that's the one I don't want...

We're telling your computer not to use the settings that they are trying to force you to.

- add: 72.14.207.99 www.google.com.co
- browse to: www.google.com.co

This will tell your computer to us the real google.com in place of the www.google.com.co

Dan
11-24-2005, 12:06
You'll know your there when you see this image:

Martin
11-24-2005, 13:50
Why don't you just click on Preferences, to the right of the search box, and select English as your interface language? :munchin

If you're curious about the search results, you can exclude areas right below that option, although I think it switches to prioritize the language you've chosen.

Martin

SnafuRacer
11-24-2005, 14:22
I think that he just doesn't want those country preferences forced on him.
Language preferences don't matter if the page redirect is dictated by IP address.

Martin
11-24-2005, 14:37
Snafuracer: Actually, they do. I live in Sweden and used to have Spanish on my machine, now English.

Martin

magician
11-24-2005, 15:09
I think that there may be an option in the Preferences.....your Google preferences....which permit you to select which page that you use as default.

My own Google page defaults to Google Thailand.

But there is a link to Google.com right on the page. I clicked it...and boom: I am on google.com, with a link offering to take me back to google.co.th, should I prefer.

I am signed into the gmail service....and I use an increasing number of Google services. Like news.

As the counselor points out, the price is right.

:)

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 19:33
Why don't you just click on Preferences, to the right of the search box, and select English as your interface language? :munchin

If you're curious about the search results, you can exclude areas right below that option, although I think it switches to prioritize the language you've chosen.

Martin
That's what I did before. Now they have the cookies blocked. When the prefs page comes up, it says I don't have cookies on - DAMN LIE! I do. All of them. It worked before, it's something they're doing.

NousDefionsDoc
11-24-2005, 19:35
I think that there may be an option in the Preferences.....your Google preferences....which permit you to select which page that you use as default.

My own Google page defaults to Google Thailand.

But there is a link to Google.com right on the page. I clicked it...and boom: I am on google.com, with a link offering to take me back to google.co.th, should I prefer.

I am signed into the gmail service....and I use an increasing number of Google services. Like news.

As the counselor points out, the price is right.

When I click on that one, it also opens to .co

Dan,
I'll try that tomorrow.

magician
11-24-2005, 21:16
ok, that is bizarre.

are you sure that Google is doing it?

I would almost suspect your ISP.

Not pointing fingers, of course.

Martin
11-25-2005, 09:33
Try clearing the cookie cache.

Martin

Bill Harsey
11-25-2005, 10:09
Google is implementing it's thought control program, one country at a time.

Resistance is futile.

CoLawman
11-25-2005, 11:25
Google is implementing it's thought control program, one country at a time.

Resistance is futile.

Sounds like Neville Chamberlain. :D

Bill Harsey
11-25-2005, 12:28
Sounds like Neville Chamberlain. :D
You talking about the DNC's poster boy for conflict resolution?