PDA

View Full Version : UK Snowflakes safe...from canned beans

Divemaster
11-23-2016, 14:20
I just can't.

From Sky News LINK: http://bit.ly/2gCBFB9

Heinz Beanz TV advert canned over tin drumming safety fears

An advert in which Heinz fans drum out a song on a tin has been banned on health and safety grounds.

The advert showed children, teenagers and adults using empty or full Heinz Baked Beanz tins to drum out the rhythm of the song, with the catchline "Learn the #CanSong".

But nine viewers complained, saying the ad encouraged "unsafe practice", with some suggesting the behaviour shown might be dangerous if children copied it.

Advert Video here: http://bit.ly/2fqw8IN

Heinz disagreed, claiming people were shown tapping the sealed tin so they could not put hands or fingers inside it, and always with the can placed on "safe" surfaces.

The company said the fact that consumers had uploaded their own versions of the song on to social media sites showed it was "evidence that copying the ad was not prejudicial to their health or safety".

It said: "In any case, particularly given the manoeuvres required, it might still be possible that mistakes could be made with an empty can, which might include a hand or fingers being inserted into an open tin, with the associated risk of cuts."

It pointed out the ad did not tell consumers to make sure the tin can was safe before trying to learn the song.

It concluded: "For the reasons given and because the ad did not include information on how to ensure consumer safety when recreating the song, we concluded that the ad condoned and encouraged behaviour that prejudiced health or safety."

The ASA ruled the advert should not be broadcast again in its present form, adding: "We told Heinz to ensure that future ads did not condone or encourage behaviour that prejudiced health and safety, including behaviour that could be dangerous for children to emulate, for example by featuring open tin cans being used to play music."

PSM
11-23-2016, 14:44
Much better than doing this:

x SF med
11-25-2016, 04:32
Next thing you know there'll be safety stickers on everything .... oh wait, that's already happened.

Note to self...
hot, especially on fire or glowing red/white - DO NOT TOUCH
sharp, do not grab sharp part
attached to electrical power source, do not stuff wires in it, get it wet unless shielded, or grab any bare wires
heavy, if you lift it, it could drop and break parts of you or others (does not pertain to rucksacks, because they break you even if they do not drop)

need I go on?

Common sense, not so common, nor sensical anymore, kids.

Badger52
11-25-2016, 08:15
The ASA ruled the advert should not be broadcast again in its present form, adding: "We told Heinz to ensure that future ads did not condone or encourage behaviour that prejudiced health and safety, including behaviour that could be dangerous for children to emulate, for example by featuring open tin cans being used to play music."I call BS. I thought the .gov already spent a $3.8B earmark to outlaw can openers.

I say issue every kid a P-38, show 'em how to use it and, just for good measure, show 'em how too make a Jet-A stove, and see how it goes. What could go wrong?
[/curmudgeon]

tom kelly
11-25-2016, 09:12
Seems to me the PC idiots are worried about the wrong things; That is why those with common sense pay no attention to them....Tom Kelly