PDA

View Full Version : Bottom-Feeding Fraud gets more prison time....

Team Sergeant
10-27-2016, 08:30
Wow, justice for once............

Shane Sperow, well deserved you bottom-feeding cockroach.

Pennsylvania man who lied about Marine service for lighter sentence gets more prison time

Published October 27, 2016
· FoxNews.com
A Pennsylvania man who pretended to be a decorated ex-Marine sniper so he'd receive less time for theft and weapons crimes is now getting more prison time.

Shane Sperow, 43, was sentenced Tuesday to 21 months to five years in state prison, beyond the six to 23 months he's serving for a simple assault conviction, The Reading Eagle reported.

Sperow's attorney says the Berks County man lied in February because he wanted to get out of jail sooner and turn his life around to benefit his son. Sperow boasted of deployments to Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia while earning two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star.

On Tuesday, District Attorney Charles F. Prutzman read a list of military engagements in which Sperow falsely claimed he fought, from Operation Desert Storm to action in Somalia.

“In reality, none of those things were true,” he said, according to the paper. “And you were never a U.S. Marine.”

The report said that Sperow stood in court with his eyes trained to the floor. He nodded during his admission. His lawyer said Sperow was “frightened in the moment” on Feb. 8, when he first lied about his service and “made a mistake.”

Sperow received three months to two years in prison for lying about his military record, and 18 months to three years in prison for the other crimes. He will spend a total of 21 months to five years in state prison, according to the report.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

cont:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/27/pennsylvania-man-who-lied-about-marine-service-for-lighter-sentence-gets-more-prison-time.html

Five-O
10-27-2016, 08:52
So... assault charges, weapons charges, stolen valor etc etc...this guy needs to go away for a lot longer than he is. He used his child as an excuse for a lighter sentence as well???? Hope this coward has a painful incarceration.

cbtengr
10-27-2016, 09:55
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;618515]Wow, justice for once............

Shane Sperow, well deserved you bottom-feeding cockroach.
Pennsylvania man who lied about Marine service for lighter sentence gets more prison time

The report said that Sperow stood in court with his eyes trained to the floor. He nodded during his admission. His lawyer said Sperow was “frightened in the moment” on Feb. 8, when he first lied about his service and “made a mistake.”

"Frightened" this guy gives fake Marines everywhere a bad name ! At least they added some time to his sentence.

PRB
10-27-2016, 09:56
Excellent

JimP
10-27-2016, 10:25
As a young (and stupid) defense attorney, i argued a case in front of Col malcolm Yawn. He was an old-timer back in '90-ish; had been one of the Commander's back when Wallace called out the Guard to prevent integration. Anyways, this guy was a hoot. I had a loser of a client and he got his ass handed to him at trial. We were looking at something like 2-3 years of jail time upon sentencing.

We finished the sentencing case and the judge hands down a sentence of 12 years!!! I was shocked (it was for something pretty minor). In the "bridge-the-gap" session afterwards with the Judge i asked why such a harsh sentence. He pulled his glasses off, leaned back in his chair and said in his best southern drawl: "Well, CPT Jim, I gave him 2 years for the crime itself. I then gave him another 10 years for lying his ass off to me on sentencing".

Both the prosecutor and I had to laugh at that. From then on, I said to my idiots: "Never...repeat ... NEVER lie to the judge".

ddoering
10-27-2016, 17:16
Instead of prison time give the guy an M4 and drop him off in A-stan ala Bergdahl style and tell him to walk out at which time he would be a Marine thru OJT.

sfshooter
10-28-2016, 00:10
Instead of prison time give the guy an M4 and drop him off in A-stan ala Bergdahl style and tell him to walk out at which time he would be a Marine thru OJT.

Nah, just let him get butt f**ked in the pen and ponder on how light of sentence he would have got if they believed his crap!