PDA

View Full Version : Fighting in Gear Pt 2

Mick Strider
01-11-2005, 11:29
This could have been a good one….but missed a little. 

Any desire to try again?

Don’t throw anything that doesn’t explode!

The first thing to realize is that YOU are more than likely the only one who knows you have a weapon malfunction. EVERY one else is busy. Keep your weapon down range……if the bad guy “THINKS” your in the fight….its almost as good as actually being there…..the exception to this is if your currently exchanging fire. If this is the case…..read down.

Step one: Transition. (or try and clear your primary)
If step one doesn’t work…..you may want to clear the target……someone has bullets.

If you HAVE to fight…or I guess want to…..

I like the muzzle jab. Your weapon is pointed down range anyway. Stick it somewhere they don’t like it….face is my choice…. you can’t believe how fast that barrel moves towards your face in a jab like attack.
Right out from the shoulder….doink!
But stroke is great…but more than likely your weapon is slung…….for a reason…..

Not only is it hard to punch or kick with all your shit on….but who really wants to play Bruce at a time like this…..

Im a foot stomping bastard. No one likes it.

Knives are great. They scare everyone. If you use your knife as a weapon, make sure to act like its any other killing tool. Attack the face and neck. I like to hold the knife like an ice pick with the edge towards myself. That way every time you re-set your attack, if there is something in the way, you can take it with you, with little effort.

Gotta run

Any input?

Hope I didn’t step on any toes…..(this time)

m.

NousDefionsDoc
01-11-2005, 11:56
Yeah it could have been a good one and missed.

Fighting in gear is nothing new. The texts and instruction have always emphasized techniques that avoid the torso and attack the head/neck and lower extremities. That is the beauty of true combatives, it is simple and common sensical.

Attack the eyes, the neck, the huevos, the knees, shins and ankles. Avoid those areas covered with armor or kit. Hit and keep hitting. If you miss, don't worry about it. Try again. It all hurts.

A good chin jab with fingers to the eyes is a great technque. If it hits, the target will go ass over tea kettle - you might even break his neck. If it misses, you will get the eyes or at the very least move him back.

Stick the gun in his eye - hard. Rush in on him, crash him, knock him into things. Very few people in the world are as big as the 16 sandwich eatin', corn-fed, US born and bred guys we have. And very few other nationalities like or are accustomed to body to body contact. When you get him down - stomp him into a puddle. Bronco stomp. Aggression will save you when there is no hope.

The thing about the knife in CQB is, you probably won't have time to get it out before it's over anyway. You're already holding a 10 pound steel and plastic baton, use it. If you do go to knife - stick it and rip it. In-laws at a free turkey on Thanksgiving Day. You are not fencing, you are butchering.

There is an account in the book I've been talking about of an OG medic in Northern Italy. They got jumped and put on the run by German counter-guerrillas. He used the butt of his .45 to beat to death two Germans on two separate occassions. He avoided capture and lived to tell his story to the author. Nothing fancy, just smashing them in the head over and over. (He couldn't shoot for fear of discovery by a larger body both times.)

Combatives that are complicated are not combatives - they are ballet.

Like Cinncinatus likes - put on dark tinted goggles, big ski gloves and all your kit. Then try your combatives techniques against a bigger guy in a closet. If they work - you're on the right track.

Buy Kill or Get Kilt and Get Tough. Get Cestari or McCann's DVDs. Practice on your friends - especially those that owe you money. Don't over think it. You need to be Ray Lewis not Peyton Manning when it comes down to H2H.

Roguish Lawyer
01-11-2005, 12:07
NDD:

Thank you for reminding me to be very, very nice to you. ;)

Mick Strider
01-11-2005, 12:19
Thanks for getting into it right off....i was being careful...its not my house.

m

CPTAUSRET
01-13-2005, 14:06
Thanks for getting into it right off....i was being careful...its not my house.

m

Mick:

You are welcome here! Start a thread anytime you wish.

"Knives are great. They scare everyone. If you use your knife as a weapon, make sure to act like its any other killing tool. Attack the face and neck. I like to hold the knife like an ice pick with the edge towards myself."

"Like an icepick", I presume you mean point down. I agree, if you are in a fluid situation, and subject to getting knocked down, or just tripping and falling down you instinctively will catch yourself with your hands, and you won't puncture your upper body with your own knife by falling on the pointy end.

Terry

Air.177
01-13-2005, 14:13
Bronco stomp.

What is this?? No Monkey Stomp?? Come on now that's Classic NDD.

"Bronco Stomp, The New Monkey Stomp" I guess it has it's place

Razor
01-13-2005, 15:07
Air: from "Get Tough", move #3b, the 'Bronco Kick'.