PDA

View Full Version : 'I'll humiliate you': Duterte

Penn
10-13-2016, 10:32
Where is the likes of John McCone when we need him?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-duterte-idUSKCN12D25N

sg1987
10-13-2016, 10:49
PSSST, Duterte, remember this guy?

bblhead672
10-13-2016, 11:53
"Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte called U.S. President Barack Obama, the European Union and United Nations "fools" on Thursday,"

So he started his rant by being truthful...

Sohei
10-13-2016, 16:38
What a chihuahua! And yet, we are giving him the time of the day!

Old Dog New Trick
10-13-2016, 17:12
What a chihuahua! And yet, we are giving him the time of the day!

What? Wait, the leader of a free and independent country has been and is telling the US, EU, and UN to go pound sand over foreign policy involvement and a hypocritical stance on human rights and you call him a chihuahua?

I applaud the man. He may be off his rocker and short a few brain cells but isn't he saying what we have been saying?

So he's decided to take the nuclear option for ridding his country of drug dealers and traffickers. As long as he and his countrymen accept what comes with it we shouldn't judge the man.

If you are going to take someone out behind the woodshed; bring a shovel.

Sohei
10-13-2016, 17:15
What? Wait, the leader of a free and independent country has been and is telling the US, EU, and UN to go pound sand over foreign policy involvement and a hypocritical stance on human rights and you call him a chihuahua?

I applaud the man. He may be off his rocker and short a few brain cells but isn't he saying what we have been saying?

So he's decided to take the nuclear option for ridding his country of drug dealers and traffickers. As long as he and his countrymen accept what comes with it we shouldn't judge the man.

I have no problems with him saying what he wants. I just don't want him coming to us to bail him out or fix the issues he has created with all of his strong talk.

Like I have previously said, I just soon pull all of our support from his little nation and leave him to himself like he wants.

Old Dog New Trick
10-13-2016, 17:25
I have no problems with him saying what he wants. I just don't want him coming to us to bail him out or fix the issues he has created with all of his strong talk.

Like I have previously said, I just soon pull all of our support from his little nation and leave him to himself like he wants.

Snicker! :D

I actually think the PI would do well without our meddling. They got a bum deal after WW2 and it left them sucking on the big tit.

Sohei
10-13-2016, 17:27

I actually think the PI would do well without our meddling. They got a bum deal after WW2 and it left them sucking on the big tit.

No doubt. I just hate when people gripe about us while taking our money. Much like I hate the "dependent" locals that gripe and complain while taking handouts. :D

CloseDanger
10-13-2016, 23:33
questioning the foundation of the alliance between the U.S. and its former colony (http://amti.csis.org/podcast-decoding-dutertes-first-100-days/)

They all saber rattle when they go in....

Patrin
10-14-2016, 10:04

A lot of good truth...can't argue.

Joker
10-14-2016, 15:38
So, Clinton, Comey, or el Zero are any better? How? The three most corrupt assclowns around. I agree with Duterte, 'go fuck yourself!' -- who are we to tell them what to do inside their country?

cbtengr
10-14-2016, 17:16
Personally I think he's got the right idea regarding the drug issues in his country. I have often wondered why we do not treat some of our social ills in the same manner. Perhaps Rahm is paying attention and would like to get a handle on all those killings in Chicago.

Surf n Turf
10-14-2016, 21:13

Doing some of this from memory, as I haven't been in the Philippines in a long time, but I try and keep up.

I wouldn't be too hard on this guy, he is rumored to be a tough as nails nationalist, who loves his country, warts and all.

"Digong" Duterte has been Mayor of Davao City. with a current population of over 1.5 million for more than 20 years. Mostly catholic, with just a "touch" of muslim ( to keep the blood pressure up).

At one time, before the 1980's, the town was sort of like Dodge or Deadwood, where guns were illegal to get, but everyone carried,( even some of the women.) Lots of WWII weapons...There were daily shootouts, and a lot of "bad guys". Duterte became Mayor / Sheriff and, much as today, the bad guys started to disappear. After his first 5 years in office, it was a peaceful place to live and raise a family.

The same could not be said for the rest of Mindanao. There use to be a sign in a tavern in the town of Zamboanga that had a "coatroom" with sign that read "PLEASE CHECK YOUR GUNS AND KNIVES HERE. No one did. :D

SnT

Flagg
10-14-2016, 23:15

I read somewhere(can't find it) that MacArthur's aide Willoughby played a significant role in the post war restoration of the Philippine version of pre-war oligarchs.

I wonder if the Chinese are laughing at Duterte's seeming fall off the fence away from America?

I'm sure they'll squeeze every Yuan of value out of him before Duterte or his successor try climbing back up to sit on the fence again, or fall back into the American yard.

Not much subtlety with Duterte.

He can get away with playing Dirty Harry with his citizens, but not superpowers.

If he's not careful he will wind up getting treated like a 5 dollar whore by China AND the US when push comes to shove.

RomanCandle
10-15-2016, 04:51

I agree and have made this point before. Thank you for saying so. Hopefully the day will return under a new administration where America will be what it once was.

RomanCandle
10-15-2016, 04:58
Personally I think he's got the right idea regarding the drug issues in his country. I have often wondered why we do not treat some of our social ills in the same manner. Perhaps Rahm is paying attention and would like to get a handle on all those killings in Chicago.

Because of "Human Rights" maybe?

As for Rahm maybe he should decide where his loyalties really lie. Or is he just another man on the inside with an agenda that America only features in as much as it is useful?

bblhead672
10-17-2016, 10:02
Because of "Human Rights" maybe?

As for Rahm maybe he should decide where his loyalties really lie. Or is he just another man on the inside with an agenda that America only features in as much as it is useful?

Rahm is an Obama Mini-Me.

Pete
10-20-2016, 06:15
Duterte says U.S. has lost, aligns Philippines with China

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/duterte-says-us-has-lost-aligns-philippines-with-china/ar-AAjaEvu?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"BEIJING, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced his "separation" from the United States on Thursday, declaring that it had "lost" and he had realigned with China as the two agreed to resolve their South China Sea dispute through talks.

Duterte made his comments in China, where he is visiting with at least 200 business people to pave the way for what he calls a new commercial alliance as relations with longtime ally the United States deteriorate.

His trade secretary, Ramon Lopez, said $13.5 billion in deals would be signed..."

Well then, time to cut off US aid and money.

Old Dog New Trick
10-20-2016, 07:04
Can't say didn't see that coming after the last month or so. Kerry and Obama have been absent the diplomatic negotiations table since they took office.

The US has lost several key allies around the world and squandered relations upto and including Russia.

On the upside we can now smoke Cuban cigars.

The last remaining superpower has abdicated its influence abroad.

frostfire
10-20-2016, 08:30
The US has lost several key allies around the world and squandered relations upto and including Russia.

from the link:
"I've realigned myself in your ideological flow and maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to (President Vladimir) Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world - China, Philippines and Russia. It's the only way," he added.

"With that, in this venue, your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States," Duterte said to applause. "I have separated from them. So I will be dependent on you for all time. But do not worry. We will also help as you help us."

This is bad, real bad. I can see a domino effect in that region.

Then again, would you honestly expect anyone, any country in the world currently to respect the United States of Reality TV, give it credence, and entrust your well-being to its influence?

Some presidential candidates in 3rd world country elections are starting to look like saints and amateur crooks compared to ours

So much for pivot to Asia...more like pivot FROM SEA.

bblhead672
10-20-2016, 14:14
from the link:
"I've realigned myself in your ideological flow and maybe I will also go to Russia to talk to (President Vladimir) Putin and tell him that there are three of us against the world - China, Philippines and Russia. It's the only way," he added.

"With that, in this venue, your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States," Duterte said to applause. "I have separated from them. So I will be dependent on you for all time. But do not worry. We will also help as you help us."

This is bad, real bad. I can see a domino effect in that region.

Then again, would you honestly expect anyone, any country in the world currently to respect the United States of Reality TV, give it credence, and entrust your well-being to its influence?

Some presidential candidates in 3rd world country elections are starting to look like saints and amateur crooks compared to ours

So much for pivot to Asia...more like pivot FROM SEA.]

Maybe China, Russia, et al will be busy enjoying all the new territory they gain from a weak and uninterested America to invade us while we have another Revolution to straighten this mess out.

ddoering
10-20-2016, 15:26
Well, O can add this to his legacy.

Divemaster
10-20-2016, 16:35
If this is the result of Obama's pivot to Asia, can he do a quick pivot to California and Chicago?

The Reaper
10-20-2016, 19:20
I wonder how many Chinese died to liberate the PI (twice), and help them deal with their own internal problems / threats?

Populist ingrate. Buena suerte.

TR