PDA

View Full Version : American College & Universities Special Snowflake Safety Areas

Team Sergeant
09-26-2016, 13:13
It just gets better and better.

I wonder if the Special Operations Command is considering this with the opening doors to females, LBGYTHUI's and the Gender Confused? :munchin

In growing trend, colleges offer ball pits for students seeking emotional safety

By Jillian Kay Melchior
·Published September 26, 2016
· Heat Street

Ball pits” for social justice warriors are apparently now a thing on college campuses. Repeatedly, the ball pits have popped up at snowflake-friendly campus events discovered by Heat Street.

We blame the impulse to coddle and be coddled — which apparently has students fully regressing to the McDonald’s PlayPlace dreams of their childhoods.

Saint Mary’s College of California will bring a ball pit to campus on Oct. 3, as part of its Mental Health Awareness and Campus of Caring Week.

Other universities have also found ball pits a perfect “safe space” to talk about feelings and other really important and serious stuff.

Last semester, the University of Central Florida included a ball pit as part of its Social Justice Week. “The campus community will have an opportunity to enter a ball pit with another person and have an engaging conversation about a variety of social justice topics,” the event page said.

Texas Tech University also got a ball pit, which it put in its “free speech area,” as part of its Diversity Week in March 2016. Advertising its event as “a flashback to your childhood,” the Residence Hall Organization said it offered “an opportunity to meet new people, learn new things about different cultures, all while sitting in a ball pit!”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/in-growing-trend-colleges-offer-ball-pits-for-students-seeking-emotional-satefy.html

tonyz
09-26-2016, 13:20
Next up...a bounce house and personal time with cuddles the clown.

PSM
09-26-2016, 13:31
We had something like that in Basic. It was called the low-crawl pit. ;)

Pat

nousdefions
09-26-2016, 13:49
You young guys are missing a great opportunity. If I was still in college, I'd find some"right" thinking individuals and use these safe spaces as PC free zones and talk about guns and chic's.

Sohei
09-26-2016, 13:54
Holy, freeholy, Batman...this is embarrassing!

We are almost completely gone as a nation. I think we have truly passed the point of no return.

bblhead672
09-26-2016, 14:04
I'd venture to say these college students won't be putting up much of a fight should their dear leader call upon them to put down an uprising of deplorables.

ddoering
09-26-2016, 14:10
Take a piss is the ball pit when they aren't looking.

Box
09-26-2016, 14:25
Texas Tech University also got a ball pit, which it put in its “free speech area,” as part of its Diversity Week in March 2016.

free speech my ass...
...how can you have a safe space when it is being polluted by free speech?

Remington Raidr
09-26-2016, 14:37

or when they are. It won't make any difference.

Old Dog New Trick
09-26-2016, 14:51
We had something like that in Basic. It was called the low-crawl pit. ;)

Pat

See, things have already been getting softer. In my basic it was the Pugil Pit. And before that they just let you loose in the Bayonet Pit to settle free speech issues. :p

Flagg
09-26-2016, 15:40
I am definitely trying to view this as a "glass half full" situation.

The folks likely to be influenced into using such facilities as well as conforming to such psychosocial influence and behaviours(I'm not a psych....I'm just a blue collar tinkerer with volunteer candidates :D ) in my opinion will be poorly equipped to make effective decisions under high stress.

I'd be genuinely scared if the domestic bad guys on the opposite end of the spectrum were trying to build effective psychological resilience into their "army".

To me, this seems like they are reducing resilience......which could also be a reduction in individual/small group effectiveness when stress inevitably invades their future where safe spaces don't exist.

Which should enhance OUR kids' relative competitive advantage in life.

Sdiver
09-26-2016, 15:44

I know of a guy whose kid did just that ... TWICE !!!
Now he and his whole family are banned from Chic-Fil-A.

The really funny thing is ... the kid who did the peeing ...
Is the grandson of a Colorado State Senator. :D

Oh yeah, one more thing ....

Badger52
09-26-2016, 20:13
Should be called a "bawl" pit.
:rolleyes:

Penn
09-26-2016, 20:39
Holy, freeholy, Batman...this is embarrassing!

We are almost completely gone as a nation. I think we have truly passed the point of no return.

I am of the opinion we need a civil war, call me crazy...

Constant
09-27-2016, 06:39
has anyone had to deal with special snowflakes yet? I haven't. But my circle of friends and acquaintances don't include those that lean that way.
At my unit, I haven't had to. I've been in for 12 years but I do see an increase in softness. Kinder and gentler. It's all subtle and disturbing.

Reenlisted 30 days prior to the death of justice (July 5th) and since then I've been questioning myself. Whiskey will fix that though, it's a nice distraction.

Hand
09-27-2016, 08:54
I've got a buddy that recently retired from the army. He's back in school, and has vouched many times for the level of special snowflakeness prevalent both among the teaching staff and the students.

RomanCandle
09-29-2016, 03:53

Before or after sprinkling some CS in there. :D

Paslode
09-29-2016, 06:47
A ball pit?????

That is just weird.

BryanK
09-29-2016, 07:50
A ball pit?????

That is just weird.

Not weird. Where else are they going to find their balls?

Paslode
09-29-2016, 15:44
Not weird. Where else are they going to find their balls?

Well definitely not in a McDonalds playground setting.

exsquid
09-30-2016, 08:55
Fuck yeah. I love bouncy houses too. That shit is just plain fun.

x/S

Slowmoe
09-30-2016, 10:23
I retired in 2013 and currently attending a very liberal college. The Student Union Hall, the gym, and the library are all safe spaces. There were signs posted indication this but, were taken down the next day after a bunch of vets were hovering around the sign taking pictures.

As far as the Professors go. There are a few that have graded student vets very harshly. So harshly that those who chose to fight the grade they "earned" was changed when we fought back. The grades were changed by the Dean of Students after review of our work. Now we, the Student Veterans Organization, keep a list as to which professors are troublesome. Also, we are addressing the college administration in these matters. On the flip side, I've had a few of professors who did not mind me attending his class armed.

C4B
10-03-2016, 16:18
This past spring I had a study group the day before the finals. One of the students informed me that there was a feminist conference at the theater hall one floor down.

Letting my curiosity get the best of me I went to check it out. The typical participants were found. However, a glimmer of hope emerged and some of those kids (man and woman) were pointing out the double standards that was going on with the feminist agenda.

The spokesma- er..woman, realizing the tide was turning, quickly tried to steer the subject towards things like equal pay, all men are rapists, etc etc. Lots of nutters in the liberal arts classes. I'm glad those are behind me.