PDA

View Full Version : Do you ERCP,, while turning yellow??

JJ_BPK
08-05-2016, 14:24
I did not lose Tuesday,, I went to the ER Tues, not Mon, good drugs..

So My week in room A307 Holmes Regional Hospital...

Monday
up at 5AM coffer
8AM skip breakfast, a little bloated
12PM sore getting good 5-6 level pain right lower tummy, liver area
2PM up to 7-9 level, seems like gallbladder,, but it was taken out 2 yrs ago

Off to ER
Observed jaundice, blood white cell 2K+, liver blood 1 & 2 400+, peeing BBQ sauce, cat scan says gallstones?? Admitted PM,, Very nice 4mm portion of morphing,

Tuesday,, slept poorly all day, more drugs, not sure what happened,, scheduled MRI Tue AM

Wednesday 3 AM more drugs,, 8-9 level,, 8AM try MRI, but I can't focus and very bloated, I'm panting and can't deep breath,, I was DNF-MRI, back to my room for detox

4PM retry MRI, breathing better, but it was a long bangbangbangbang.. Back to room, more drugs, with-in 30 minutes had schedule for ERCP earliest noon Wednesday.

Thursday Off to OR 11AM,, prep,, ERCP, w/contrast, 4.5 hours,, post-op doc say several bladder stones & SLUDGE had plunged duct,, sometime between operations. He cleaned it all out and opened the sphincter(sic)

Friday AM, chocolate ice cream & fruit, first food since Sunday, no problamo, soup for lunch,, still good,, Blood lad getting much better. If they improve tomorrow,, I go home

Ref: ERCP - endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography. Most times, I was told this is an outpatient 1hr turnaround,, I got Super Sized. http://www.sages.org/publications/patient-information/patient-information-for-ercp-endoscopic-retrograde-cholangio-pancreatography-from-sages/

PS: ER Doc spots my Nos Def Tat,, He is the BN doc for the 20th at SFG, FLNG, Camp Blanding..

PedOncoDoc
08-05-2016, 14:30

Monday
up at 5AM coffer
2PM up to 7-9 level, seems like galbladdder,, but it was taken out 2 yrs ago

Off to ER
Observed jaundice, blood white cell 2K+, liver blood 1 & 2 400+, peeing BBQ sauce, cat scan says gallstornes?? Admitted PM,, Very nice 4mm portion of morphing,

Tuesday,, slept poorly all day, more drugs, not sure what happened,, scheduled MRI Tue AM

Wednesday 3 AM more drugs,, 8-9 level,, 8AM try MRI, but I can't focus and very bloated, I'm panting and can't deep breath,, don't dnf-MRI, back to my room for detox

4PM retry MRI, breathing better, but it was a long bangbangbangbang.. Back to room, more drugs, with-in 30 minutes schedule ERCP earliest noon Wednesday.

Thursday Off to OR 11AM,, prep,, ERCP, w/contrast, 4.5 hours,, post-op doc say several bladder stones & SLUDGE had plunged duct,, sometime between operations. He cleaned it all out and opened the spincer(sic)

Friday AM, chocolate ice cream & fruit, first food since Sunday, no problamo, soup for lunch,, still good,, Blood lad getting much better. If they improve tomorrow,, I go home

Ref: ERCP - endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography. Most times, I was told this is an outpatient 1hr turnaround,, I got Super Sized. http://www.sages.org/publications/patient-information/patient-information-for-ercp-endoscopic-retrograde-cholangio-pancreatography-from-sages/

PS: ER Doc spots my Nos Def Tat,, He is the BN doc for the 20th at SFG, FLNG, Camp Blanding..

Hope you're feeling better - and I'd double-check my posting until the fog from the meds clears up a bit! ;)

Oldrotorhead
08-05-2016, 14:49
Does this mean you aren't up for the Beer Historian job when you get to VA? :D

Bet you are up and hobbling around most riki tic

cbtengr
08-05-2016, 16:17
Does this mean you aren't up for the Beer Historian job when you get to VA?

I am pretty sure that job got filled by one of the Kennedy kids, it's in their blood, literally :D .

All the best to you JJ !

tonyz
08-05-2016, 17:27
Here's to a quick recovery JJ - p.s. a couple of family members have been in Holmes and made out fine - plenty of places to recuperate in Old Melbourne...or Cocoa if you're up for a short road trip. :lifter

Gypsy
08-05-2016, 20:44
Hope you're feeling better JJ!

Divemaster
08-05-2016, 20:52
All I want to know is how many sexual harassment complaints you racked up while there, and did you break the record.

PSM
08-05-2016, 21:39
Heal quickly, mi amigo!

Pat

JJ_BPK
08-06-2016, 04:44
Heal quickly, mi amigo!

Pat

Thatk's Pat,, et all.

I am back to pale ale,, no more BBQ pee,, if the blood test this AM are good,, Home this PM..

No SH problems,, Great staff here,, 95% of the RN;s are old school,, and can talk Shiite like a trucker.. :D

Recovery has to be quick,, I close in 3 was, hopefully all packed in the next 10 days,, then off to NVA, #1 daughter is coming down to help

Golf1echo
08-06-2016, 06:08
That's a lot going on at once, take care of JJ...hope you get feeling better and back to strength soon. best. :lifter

SF_BHT
08-06-2016, 10:03
Hope your better and get moved without problems.

wook
08-06-2016, 11:14
Hope you're feeling better - and I'd double-check my posting until the fog from the meds clears up a bit! ;)

LOL!

wook
08-06-2016, 11:16

Monday
up at 5AM coffer
2PM up to 7-9 level, seems like galbladdder,, but it was taken out 2 yrs ago

Off to ER
Observed jaundice, blood white cell 2K+, liver blood 1 & 2 400+, peeing BBQ sauce, cat scan says gallstornes?? Admitted PM,, Very nice 4mm portion of morphing,

Wednesday 3 AM more drugs,, 8-9 level,, 8AM try MRI, but I can't focus and very bloated, I'm panting and can't deep breath,, don't dnf-MRI, back to my room for detox

4PM retry MRI, breathing better, but it was a long bangbangbangbang.. Back to room, more drugs, with-in 30 minutes schedule ERCP earliest noon Wednesday.

Thursday Off to OR 11AM,, prep,, ERCP, w/contrast, 4.5 hours,, post-op doc say several bladder stones & SLUDGE had plunged duct,, sometime between operations. He cleaned it all out and opened the spincer(sic)

Hope you're feeling alot better (and enjoying the ice cream!!)!!

T-Rock
08-06-2016, 19:48
Prayers inbound for a speedy recovery.

Team Sergeant
08-06-2016, 20:47
Glad to hear you're doing better boss!

abc_123
08-06-2016, 22:12
Best wishes. I still remember the hospitality you and your wife gave my family and me when we visited BPK. For us, it was a vacation to remember. Thank you.

x SF med
08-07-2016, 08:52
JJ... wtf are you doing to yourself? BBQ sauce is for ribs, not for peeing...:rolleyes:

glad you're doing better.

Patrin
08-07-2016, 10:44
Wish you a complete recovery, and take it slow on the moving...let the kids do the work.;)