PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland RNC thread

Sdiver
07-18-2016, 14:36
There's going to be a lot going on there over the next few days, so I thought I'd start a thread specifically for the RNC.

This morning, that jackwagon Stephen Colbert, snuck up on stage and "opened" the convention in his own mocking way.

Story and video here ---> http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/stephen-colbert-crashes-rnc-stage-mock-trump-pence-article-1.2715631

Here's a couple of great sources, scanner channels, on what is happening outside in the streets ...

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/23204

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/23428

...and if you're on twitter, this page is following the above two scanners and posting in real time what's happening.

https://twitter.com/RNC_Scanner

Going to be some interesting next few days.
Glad I'm NOT there.

:munchin

Sohei
07-18-2016, 14:51
Thanks for the information. I would rather check the scanner intermittently than watch the news!

Pete
07-18-2016, 15:26
Cruz Bots are still trying to agitate from the floor to unlock the delegates.

So Cruz really thinks all the Trump supporters will fall in behind him in 2020 when Trump loses in 2016????? The dude really needs to put down the crack pipe.

tonyz
07-18-2016, 15:42
The reality is if you work against Trump at this stage you work for Hillary.

Jeb and Romney are bitter losers who should be banished into oblivion.

Badger52
07-18-2016, 15:49
Lots of imported 'Only Black Lives Matter' wanna-be's and SEIU flunkies ostensibly to be there; let's see if their 8-10,000 estimate pans out. I'm sure AG Lynch has told the mayor to give them a safe-space to express themselves.

Rodeo time.

Sdiver
07-18-2016, 15:55
I think this is a couple of recent pictures of the Colorado delegation.
It's tough to tell really ....

Last hard class
07-18-2016, 18:07
RNC plans to party like it's 2001.

Starting last night, The city of Cleveland has changed it's drinking laws. Alcohol can now be served until 4:00am.

LHC

Sdiver
07-18-2016, 21:33
Not too bad for a FROG ...

Marcus Luttrell's speech at the RNC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkWGTsASdqY

IMO ... he hit it out of the park.

Sdiver
07-18-2016, 22:19
Ahhhhh ... What a breath of fresh air ....

Grace, charm, poise, articulation .... Melania would make an excellent FLOTUS.

Full speech here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_9yb4FSYA

Pete
07-19-2016, 04:16
Ahhhhh ... What a breath of fresh air ....

Grace, charm, poise, articulation .... Melania would make an excellent FLOTUS.

Full speech here ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_9yb4FSYA

Too bad she had one paragraph in there that was almost a direct copy of FLOTUS' speech. That will be the MSM headline today.

Lefties are already running with "she copied the whole speech".

Old Dog New Trick
07-19-2016, 04:49
Too bad she had one paragraph in there that was almost a direct copy of FLOTUS' speech. That will be the MSM headline today.

I saw the controversy in the news. Then watched Melania's speech. Thought she did an awesome job. Saw a little bit of Nancy Reagan in there too.

If introductory political speeches by spouses are now going to be trademarked and intellectual property it's going to be extremely boring in the future to hear someone try and say how proud they are of their mother, father, family, husband and country. The values they were brought up with and their love of country. Or why you should vote for my husband (wife or husband).

So few ways to skin that rabbit. Bound to make the same cut.

Let's hope she doesn't repeat: “People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.” (Michelle Obama)

Streck-Fu
07-19-2016, 06:33

They are making that the narrative but the sentiments alone were similar. The words were not exact and most key words from Michelle's speech were not present in Melenia's.

My reaction mirrors Old Dog's. It's just another political speech.

Meanwhile, you can hear Obama do something very similar in 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc&feature=youtu.be

SouthernDZ
07-19-2016, 06:50

Hey if you like the other First Lady's speech, you can keep the other First Lady's speech. :D

Hand
07-19-2016, 07:00
Let's hope she doesn't repeat: “People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.” (Michelle Obama)

Amen. Reminds me of how quickly that statement fell out of the news cycle and thus, a lot of peoples memories.

I think the path forward is clear, we have to make this campaign about the FLOTUS.
Unless you are a raging homo with a thing for old men, Trump is the only choice!

Old Dog New Trick
07-19-2016, 07:43
America needs its own Kate (Middleton) aka Dutchess of Cambridge.

Hopefully she too has a hot sister!

Hilldabeast was no Jackie O'ooo so hot Kennedy.

bblhead672
07-19-2016, 08:16

Amazing speech by someone who knows about the fight for freedom.

I like how he said that all of us are family and we need to take care of each other. The government is not family and I don't want it to take care of me and mine.

cbtengr
07-19-2016, 09:15
Insiders at the White House claim that following last nights speeches O went hoarse from continuously shouting "that is not who we are, that is not who we are."

Lan
07-19-2016, 11:03
Lt. General Michael Flynn delivered a powerful message last night, in my opinion.

Full speech here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bA-Z2vmaFU).

LarryW
07-19-2016, 11:34

No question the speech that should become the point of departure for the rest of the campaign.

Personally I found it refreshing when he got flustered at the prompters and went straight at it. I'd rather see 3x5 cards and throw those damned prompters onto Obama's front lawn.

Sdiver
07-19-2016, 16:14
Rollcall of the states currently underway ...

Lan
07-19-2016, 17:30
Congratulations Mr. Trump. Now Republicans need to band together to defeat Hillary so we can turn this country around.

GratefulCitizen
07-19-2016, 18:39
Meanwhile, outside...
http://www.kplctv.com/story/32479326/watch-live-black-lives-matter-protest-near-east-4th-st?clienttype=generic&sf31289924=1

Activists from Black Lives Matter, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK were in the square and, at one time, were said to be throwing urine at each other.

Sohei
07-19-2016, 19:07
Meanwhile, outside...
http://www.kplctv.com/story/32479326/watch-live-black-lives-matter-protest-near-east-4th-st?clienttype=generic&sf31289924=1

Romper Room is back! Three groups of clowns fighting to see who the best of the worst is.

Sdiver
07-19-2016, 19:18
Meanwhile, outside...

The police should have just backed off and let them have at each other.

That would have been fun to watch. :munchin

LarryW
07-20-2016, 06:59
Sdiver, Sir: Not sure what happened but there's a snag in the link to Lutrell's speech. It opened Malania's speech.

This is the current Youtube link to Lutrell's speech at the RNC. God bless him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl7wYKZ_fk

Team Sergeant
07-20-2016, 07:16
"Activists from Black Lives Matter, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK were in the square and, at one time, were said to be throwing urine at each other."

What a wonderful group of bottom-feeding humans!

I am shocked that the Council on American-Islamic Relations - CAIR was not represented!

Old Dog New Trick
07-20-2016, 20:32
God I hope Newt is the next National Security Adviser!

Lan
07-20-2016, 20:37
God I hope Newt is the next National Security Adviser!

Agreed! He delivered a hell of a speech. I like how he turned Cruz's lack of an endorsement for Trump into an endorsement!

:D

PSM
07-20-2016, 22:09
I like how he turned Cruz's lack of an endorsement for Trump into an endorsement!

:D

Reagan never endorsed Ford in '76 and Paul Manafort worked for Ford back then. Now Dole's advisers are working for Trump and against conservatives once again. Notice a trend?

By: Robert Eno | July 19, 2016

Trump brings the establishment gang back together again:

“Hail hail the gang’s all here, what the … [heck] … do we care?” When the gang is the Establishment cabal that brought you the failed presidential campaign of Bob Dole, Trump supporters and conservatives should care — a lot. The Washington Post reported getting the gang back together is exactly what is happening this week.

Twenty years later, these Dole lieutenants — most notably Paul Manafort, now Trump’s campaign chairman — are crafting Trump’s strategy and orchestrating this week’s Republican National Convention, where the *celebrity mogul will formally be nominated.

For them, the Trump campaign is more than a reunion. It is a coveted second shot at the ultimate prize that eluded them in 1996 — the White House. And most of them see it as an unexpected opportunity, thanks to an unconventional candidate who climbed atop the wreckage of a broken GOP. That they again face a Clinton — this time Hillary — adds another historical echo.

In December I wrote that the Establishment preferred Trump to Cruz. I wrote then, “the political industrial complex believes deep down that they can negotiate with the author of The Art of the Deal; they know they will lose the levers of power with Ted Cruz. You can see it in the voracity and frequency of their attacks.”

As if on cue a few weeks later, Bob Dole began ruthlessly attacking conservatives in general and Ted Cruz in particular. The venom was most pointed at those conservatives that stand up for principles. Dole told The New York Times, “If [Cruz is] the nominee, we’re going to have wholesale losses in Congress and state offices and governors and legislatures.” Dole accused Cruz of falsely convincing "the Iowa voters that he’s kind of a mainstream conservative."

Dole further said he preferred Trump because the billionaire “could ‘probably work with Congress because he’s, you know, he’s got the right personality and he’s kind of a deal maker.’”

Constitutional conservatives knew that was going to happen all along.

Catherine Frazier, a spokeswoman for Cruz, fought back against the assertion. Her comments were prophetic. Frazier told The Times, “running to the middle and nominating a moderate who will continue to bank the payroll of the Washington cartel is a losing strategy.”

That is exactly what has come to pass as polling numbers indicate.

With last month’s firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s inner circle lost the one conservative activist it had left. Lewandowski’s firing was an effective power grab by the Establishment and the fruits of that grab are on full display this week.

Trump soared to the nomination with a strong anti-establishment campaign. Trump repeatedly inveighed against the “rigged process” of Washington insiders. With Lewandowski gone, the establishment Dole gang running his campaign has convinced Trump delegates to embrace the very establishment they ran against.

Yesterday America witnessed the combining of Trump and RNC forces to give an old fashioned convention beat down of grassroots conservatives. Working with Reince Priebus loyalists, Manafort and crew helped to whip delegates against calling for a roll call vote on the rules package that further consolidated power within the GOP to the chair.

The Trump campaign has now become the very establishment Trump himself fought so hard against.

Constitutional conservatives knew that was going to happen all along. To add insult to injury, the Establishment that is now in charge has a terrible record against the Clintons.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/trump-brings-the-establishment-gang-back-together-again#sthash.Uyn8FoUp.dpuf

Pat

RomanCandle
07-21-2016, 07:47
I didn't bother listing to the RNC stuff because I already know who I am voting for.

An interesting thing I heard on the local radio was some Republican here locally was saying that Trump is not a good politician and really not a politician at all, but over time he will learn to polish his speech and become a good politician. No kidding, that is why he is so popular we are tired of the bull---t of politicians yet many of them, on both sides just do not get it. They are so in love with their own power, glory and games they have lost touch with reality even when they get slapped in the face with it.

Indeed the slick con.. uh salesmen may have overstayed their welcome in most part now. Maybe just maybe its up to the non-Teflon coated unpolished un-politician types that know how to get things done and aren't afraid to tell the rest to take a hike.

I believe that Ted was booed off the podium and his wife got similar treatment to chants of "Goldman Sachs" I guess the masses really are getting tired of crony-capitalism and would just prefer plain old capitalism back.

cbtengr
07-21-2016, 08:03
Cruz made himself out to be a little man for personal reasons, however unlike the Bush's and Kasich he showed up to do it.

Patrin
07-21-2016, 11:06
Cruz made himself out to be a little man for personal reasons, however unlike the Bush's and Kasich he showed up to do it.

I agree...Cruz ended his political career last night. He will never move past being a Senator and, perhaps, will not hold that office for long.

After tonight's speech by Donald, I am past ready to get this show on the road and start with the engagement against Hitlery and the commies.

Lighthouse
07-21-2016, 11:25

I don't know if I could lick any mans boot after they insulted my wife personally. I thought he showed more integrity than Comrade Sanders.

SF-TX
07-21-2016, 11:27
I agree...Cruz ended his political career last night. He will never move past being a Senator and, perhaps, will not hold that office for long.

Notwithstanding the Federal government's legal machinations to allow illegals to vote, only citizen-residents of the great state of Texas will determine whether or not he continues to be a senator.

Lan
07-21-2016, 11:51
Reagan never endorsed Ford in '76 and Paul Manafort worked for Ford back then. Now Dole's advisers are working for Trump and against conservatives once again. Notice a trend?

Pat

I don't see Trump's nomination working against conservatives but I do think some establishment Republicans are working against us. Cruz should have given Trump his endorsement last night but he chose to act like a sore loser instead. If Cruz cared more about conservatism than he cares about himself, he would have endorsed Trump. Same goes for Kasich. I believe that it is crucial for conservatives to get behind Trump and support him or Hillary could be our next president.

Laura Ingraham gave a hell of a speech last night. Seeing her call out the liberal MSM on a national stage made my night. @ 13:59 for those who care to see that part specifically.

Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNhDVcvrsg)

cbtengr
07-21-2016, 14:12
I don't know if I could lick any mans boot after they insulted my wife personally. I thought he showed more integrity than Comrade Sanders.

No need for boot licking, he could have stated that he did not care for some of the tone or rhetoric espoused during the campaign. At times during the primaries I thought Trump was a bit naive as to how the game was played. But Trump is not a politician in the traditional sense, however Cruz is a politician and the insults should have rolled off his back like water off a ducks feathers. He should have openly accepted the fact that the "People" had chosen the republican candidate and it is time to get behind their choice and defeat the evil HRC.

ddoering
07-21-2016, 14:48
. He should have openly accepted the fact that the "People" had chosen the republican candidate and it is time to get behind their choice and defeat the evil HRC.

Exactly. That is what the establishment RINOswould have expected from us as well had they been able to block Trump.

Pete
07-21-2016, 15:36
Exactly. That is what the establishment RINOswould have expected from us as well had they been able to block Trump.

Would have? They have been telling us that for decades.

And I like how easy the Cruz supporters forget it was a Cruz supporting PAC that launched the first round of the wife wars. And when it was launched Cruz didn't call them out - he let it roll.

PRB
07-21-2016, 16:11
Cruz is an unsavory selfish individual...I can see why he is so disliked in Congress by individuals of both parties.
He signed a document, as all the candidates did, early on saying they'd support the nominee.
Not only did he go back on his word to support but he went out of his way to denigrate.

No honor.

He did not have to speak, just show a presence.

That was all about Cruz, himself, and not for the Nation.

No honor.

It is reported Trump saw the speech 2 hours prior and still let him go on as he said he could speak at the rally.

Not your normal politician...good thing.

RomanCandle
07-21-2016, 16:43
Would have? They have been telling us that for decades.

And I like how easy the Cruz supporters forget it was a Cruz supporting PAC that launched the first round of the wife wars. And when it was launched Cruz didn't call them out - he let it roll.

This, the whole thing!

RomanCandle
07-21-2016, 16:46
Cruz is an unsavory selfish individual...I can see why he is so disliked in Congress by individuals of both parties.
He signed a document, as all the candidates did, early on saying they'd support the nominee.
Not only did he go back on his word to support but he went out of his way to denigrate.

No honor.

No honor.

It is reported Trump saw the speech 2 hours prior and still let him go on as he said he could speak at the rally.

I cannot imagine Cruz as POTUS. He reminds me of Sinead O'Connor - about to burst into tears at a moments notice, maybe wet himself too.

abc_123
07-21-2016, 16:48

No honor.

No honor.

Smart move by trump. Not letting him speak and he's the bad guy. Let him speak and he proves himself once again to be the anti establishment candidate and a good judge of character. LYING Ted lied and did not endorse. It is a positive for Trump. Thanks, Ted!

Sdiver
07-21-2016, 17:28
LMMFAO .... Now THIS is the way to open the RNC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ

If this doesn't tell you how the Trump administration will be, nothing will. :D

Pete
07-21-2016, 19:15
Reagan never endorsed Ford in '76 ....

Did make this add for Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2q9LjMxPcY

Cruz going to make one for Trump?

PSM
07-21-2016, 19:30
Did make this add for Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2q9LjMxPcY

Cruz going to make one for Trump?

We have yet to see, but did Ford disparage Nancy's looks? Did Ford accuse Reagan's father of being part of an assassination plot? Did Ford suggest that Reagan had 5 mistresses? Would you in the same circumstance?

Pat

Pete
07-21-2016, 19:35
We have yet to see, but did Ford disparage Nancy's looks? Did Ford accuse Reagan's father of being part of an assassination plot? Did Ford suggest that Reagan had 5 mistresses? Would you in the same circumstance?

Pat

Tit for tat

But Cruz supporters seem to have short memories of what their god did.

PSM
07-21-2016, 19:49
Tit for tat

But Cruz supporters seem to have short memories of what their god did.

Refresh it, please. My memory is that Cruz never attacked Trump until he was attacked.

BTW, I am supporting Trump at all costs! I just think all of the "he didn't endorse" nonsense is deflection from something. I can't believe all the attention given to this non-event. BTW, Trump nullified the "pledge" on March 29th on CNN.

Pat

Divemaster
07-21-2016, 21:03
Well into Trump's speech and so far zero reference to the Constitution. He's heard of it, right?

Pete
07-21-2016, 21:15
Refresh it, please. My memory is that Cruz never attacked Trump until he was attacked........

Cruz was getting his hands dirty with the other candidates before he "snicker" had nothing to do with the PAC hit on Trumps wife.

Little cry baby puts his political ambitions first and foremost.

He gets down on his knees and prays to himself that HRC wins so he can come and save the country in 2020.

He sees himself as a knight in shining armor mounted on a white horse coming to save us. Hm, I seem to recall a painting like that of somebody else who also thought they were a great leader.

GratefulCitizen
07-21-2016, 22:22
Trump has plenty of problems.
But he does lack one problem present many of the other candidates (of whatever party).

He doesn't believe that he is entitled to political power.
Many of the others have paid their dues, checked the boxes, kissed the rings, etc.

The sense of entitlement they have about increasing their political power is obvious.
The people can see it and resent it.

Trump may be an ass, but he knows that he's not entitled to the people's power.

PRB
07-21-2016, 22:25
I like Ann Coulters description of Cruz....'a little bitch who can't get over it'...about right.

PSM
07-21-2016, 22:34
Cruz was getting his hands dirty with the other candidates before he "snicker" had nothing to do with the PAC hit on Trumps wife.

Little cry baby puts his political ambitions first and foremost.

He gets down on his knees and prays to himself that HRC wins so he can come and save the country in 2020.

He sees himself as a knight in shining armor mounted on a white horse coming to save us. Hm, I seem to recall a painting like that of somebody else who also thought they were a great leader.

Thou attacks with blunted foil, my friend. I expected a sharpened saber.

I am not hearing specific charges against Cruz but, no matter, he is not the nominee. He also did not allow his name to be placed in nomination which, according to rules, would have necessitated a call for a roll-call vote. That would have created another ruckus. He soldiered on as he should have and was invited to speak.

I've never been anti-Trump. Of the original 17, I was only anti Christie, Kashic, Bush, and Graham. (I may have forgotten one or two more, though.)

Pat

PRB
07-21-2016, 22:37
This is pretty good too....and I believe true.

Krauthammer: Cruz's Speech 'Was the Longest Suicide Note in US Political History'

Sdiver
07-21-2016, 22:48
I thought this was an appropriate song to end the convention on ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OagFIQMs1tw

... for the Cruz supporters, especially those from the Colorado delegation.

:mic drop: :lifter

PSM
07-21-2016, 22:54
This is pretty good too....and I believe true.

Krauthammer: Cruz's Speech 'Was the Longest Suicide Note in US Political History'

Krauthammer: Walter Mondale's speechwriter and anti-Ronald Reagan. ;) Politics is a nest of snakes.

Pat

Old Dog New Trick
07-21-2016, 22:55
I've watched much of this convention (just had time) my take away overall was this whole thing being, too much so, the thesis of an anti-Hillary campaign than a this our next Republican Presidency of the United States of America convention.

I thought Ivanka and Donny JR nailed it. Their support of their father was honest and heart felt.

The speech covered all the bases and if there is a takeaway from it, the police academies across the US better start ramping up for full classes and the rapid deployment units in the military better start making plans to kick some Islamic state ass!

Enjoyed watching him going after NAFTA and so many trade agreements that hurt our economy.

Sigaba
07-22-2016, 10:42
Trump has plenty of problems.
But he does lack one problem present many of the other candidates (of whatever party).

He doesn't believe that he is entitled to political power.
Many of the others have paid their dues, checked the boxes, kissed the rings, etc.

The sense of entitlement they have about increasing their political power is obvious.
The people can see it and resent it.

Trump may be an ass, but he knows that he's not entitled to the people's power.I disagree.

Eight years ago, we were dragging through the coals the community organizer from Illinois for his sense of entitlement. He had done next to nothing as a state senator, other than voting "present," and had not even completed his first term in the U.S. Senate and yet he threw his hat into the ring.

Now, in Trump we have an individual who wants his first position of public service to be the American presidency.

In this regard (and a couple of others), Mr. Trump is cut from the same cloth as POTUS.

CW3SF
07-22-2016, 10:43
I like Ann Coulters description of Cruz....'a little bitch who can't get over it'...about right.

Spot on. Cruz showed his true colors at the convention.

tom kelly
07-22-2016, 13:12
OPEN CARRY WAS NOT A PROBLEM IN CLEVELAND, LAW ENFORCEMENT DID AN EXCELLENT JOB; NOW LET US OBSERVE PHILADELPHIA AND THE DNC CONVENTION, MY GUESS IS THAT IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME AS CLEVELAND..... tom kelly

Badger52
07-22-2016, 13:33
Now, in Trump we have an individual who wants his first position of public service to be the American presidency.

In this regard (and a couple of others), Mr. Trump is cut from the same cloth as POTUS.The delta in experience at executive-level decision making - and ownership of the consequences, good or bad - puts Trump not even in the same textile mill. Just my opinion; others will certainly have theirs.

GratefulCitizen
07-22-2016, 14:41
I disagree.

Eight years ago, we were dragging through the coals the community organizer from Illinois for his sense of entitlement. He had done next to nothing as a state senator, other than voting "present," and had not even completed his first term in the U.S. Senate and yet he threw his hat into the ring.

In this regard (and a couple of others), Mr. Trump is cut from the same cloth as POTUS.

For better or worse, Trump affected the world in they way he saw fit without (direct) political power.
He lacks the entitlement attitude because he's competent enough not to need direct control over that power.

Far too many in the political class would be impotent outside that arena.
If Trump lost up to this point, or loses this Novermber, he could still have a strong effect on the world.

Some people running for office are, in a sense, dependent on that power.
Trump is not.

PSM
07-22-2016, 21:40
Trump's attack on Cruz for not endorsing: Part One (http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/22/trump-heidi-cruz-melania-jfk-response.cnn)

Part two (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLUZ0Nv7UH4)

Pat