PDA

View Full Version : Shooting through windshiled

Brush Okie
07-16-2016, 13:13
With the French attacker using a truck and possibly this will happen again, thought this would be some good info in case someone here has a hero or zero moment. While not exact science here is a good article with photos of a guy shooting into a car windshield into a target. This guy actually does his own unscientific tests so he is not just an internet warrior. I posted the first paragraph and last paragraph below but recommend reading the whole artice with photos for better info. Again I this is just one guy doing a small test but some good info.

Police officers are often forced to fire from outside a vehicle into the passenger compartment through the laminated windshield glass.As I said earlier, a car is actually an incredibly effective lethal weapon, a fact violent suspects know and exploit.Sometimes to keep from being run over or to keep a fellow officer from being run over, and officer is forced to fire into the passenger compartment to try and stop the driver.So how does this scenario play out?
.................................................. .................................................. .........................
More info
.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Lessons learned:When shooting through the windshield into the passenger compartment of a vehicle, you need to keep three things in mind:1. Laminated glass and the angle of the windshield may cause your round to deflect lower than your point of aim. How much depends on the angle of the windshield and the weight of the bullet you are using. 2. When fired through laminated glass, bullets tend to partially fragment, reducing the effectiveness of the bullet and causing there to be secondary projectiles (bullet jackets, glass, etc) that can impact the target OR other people in the vehicle. 3. When firing a bullet into a passenger compartment, there is no guarantee that it will hit ONLY the target you intend to hit.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-buick-o-truth-2-windshields-outsidein/

Team Sergeant
07-16-2016, 16:25
With the French attacker using a truck and possibly this will happen again, thought this would be some good info in case someone here has a hero or zero moment. While not exact science here is a good article with photos of a guy shooting into a car windshield into a target. This guy actually does his own unscientific tests so he is not just an internet warrior. I posted the first paragraph and last paragraph below but recommend reading the whole artice with photos for better info. Again I this is just one guy doing a small test but some good info.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-buick-o-truth-2-windshields-outsidein/

Please don't post this kind of bullshit on here, not unless it's done by scientists. We've known about shooting through glass, laminated glass, bullet proof glass, antique glass, panes of glass, mirrors, airplane windows, stained glass, etc etc etc for about one hundred years.

This is the internet, let's keep the silly shitte where it belongs, on their webpages and their crappy websites.