PDA

View Full Version : What have we said since the invasion of Afghanistan?

Team Sergeant
07-10-2016, 16:07
What have we (Special Forces soldiers) said since the US invasion of Afghanistan?

We have said since the US invasion that once we leave Afghanistan will return to being the shithole it has been for 2000 years.

We said as soon as we leave the bad-guys will fight 10x harder and they will win and once they do they will execute everyone that even thought about working with the American soldiers.

And why did thousands of Americans die for? I don't know. I do know we should have punished them and left.

It's already happening:

Rising casualties among US-backed Afghan troops concern officials
By Lucas Tomlinson
·Published July 10, 2016
· FoxNews.com

Rising casualties among local Afghan forces who are trained and supported by American troops and the growing presence of an ISIS-affiliated group are becoming growing concerns for commanders, the top U.S. general in the region told Fox News.

Gen. John Nicholson said the Taliban killed more than 5,000 Afghans last year and wounded another 14,000 -- and the casualty rate is climbing this year.

Nicholson, who in March took command of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, spoke for the first time this weekend to a small group of reporters in Kabul.

"In one year, [U.S.-backed forces] suffered roughly double the number of casualties that we suffered in 15 years," Nicholson said.
cont:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/10/rising-casualties-among-us-backed-afghan-troops-concern-officials.html

Sdiver
07-10-2016, 16:31
Well what did you expect from a Muzzie POTUS, that likes shitholes ... both literally and figuratively?

There was going to be NO way that ANYONE was going to change a country that is, as the best description I heard it was ... a combination of The Road Warrior meets The Flintstones.

PRB
07-10-2016, 17:39
I agree with you TS...we should of killed every Talib we could and then left with a warning not to play international terrorism anymore or we'll come back and kill everyone...and your goats.

No, we have to nation build where there has never been a nation and freedom/Democracy are as understood as calculus...

They will go native the day the door hits us in the ass.

Honestly, we should of stayed in place long enough to set up a local strongman/dictator (they understand that) then given him the warning and left Astan to the damn sorry Afghani's.

I spent 2 years straight with basically the same unit/people....the longer I stayed the more I realized the futility of the whole effort....the primary reason I left.
The money was great but I came to hate my job..it was meaningless.

When you look up Astan in Websters it should show a guy pissing up a rope.

Streck-Fu
07-11-2016, 06:17
There was a brief period in the 40s-late 60s that Afghanistan was pretty stable and functional but the leadership that makes that happen again has to be internal. It can't be forced upon them.

Team Sergeant
07-11-2016, 08:13
There was a brief period in the 40s-late 60s that Afghanistan was pretty stable and functional but the leadership that makes that happen again has to be internal. It can't be forced upon them.

I disagree.

Tell that to the Germans and Japanese of the WWII era. It can but we, as a nation, have forgotten how to wage a decisive war.

And because of this confused liberal mess we call "America" the muzzies have decided to threaten the entire world on a daily basis, and we allow it.

Thirty days is all I'd need to change the way the muzzies think and would not employ anything above 1 megaton.......

Streck-Fu
07-11-2016, 08:53
I based my opinion on the idea that most ME countries are still very tribal at their core while most European countries (and Japan) have been established culturally and have national identities (even if some are trying to erode that through unfiltered immigration). Without a strong (read dictatorial) leader, most ME countries will devolve into tribal warfare.

Team Sergeant
07-11-2016, 09:31
I based my opinion on the idea that most ME countries are still very tribal at their core while most European countries (and Japan) have been established culturally and have national identities (even if some are trying to erode that through unfiltered immigration). Without a strong (read dictatorial) leader, most ME countries will devolve into tribal warfare.

We/I been saying the muzzies are tribal idiots for over a decade now. That's not news.

middle eastern countries have been involved in tribal warfare for over two thousand years. Saddam was one of the most brutal dictators in the history of Iraq and that didn't stop Iran and Iraq from fighting for centuries.

I was in 5th Group, I learned Farsi, I studied classified and unclassified info on the middle east and Iran for years. Muzzie tribal fighting is their apple pie, it's what they do and it's here to stay. The only thing both shia and sunni hate more than each other is the freedom loving Western World. They will only pause their fighting to fight against the West.

The sunni saudis are brutal dictators but they hide it from the public better than most. And they use American soldiers to fight for them. They also finance the sunni terrorist groups all over the world. Same with the UAE, brutal cowards and employ tens of thousands of foreign soldiers to secure their borders.

The Afghanistan sunni will take control of that country as soon as we leave and murder all that disagree with them by the thousands, we/I've said that for over 10 years now. And as soon as they are finished and content they will come for the West, again.

Same with Iraq, Iran, Syria etc........ as soon as their conflicts end they too will set their sights on the West. It's not going to end and negotiating with them is a waste of time, but it makes for great left-wing politics. Every time we negotiate with the muzzies, jimmy carter, all the way up to now, we come off as weak. And what do the low IQ species prey on?

During the fighting in Desert Storm we interrogated Iraqis by the thousands, know what many said? "We didn't want to surrender because we were told that the American would execute us immediately upon capture."

They could not believe we would allow them to fight and live. Once they realized we were merciful they surrendered by the hundreds of thousands. And they saw that as weak. Thier terrorists know if they are captured we will give them three squares, "safe space" and plenty of religious time. What more could they ask for? Ever seen a middle eastern prison? Imagine Hell on earth.

You'd have a better chance of "asking" the millions of illegal's here in this country to return to their respective shitholes and kindly wait their turn for legal immigration.

mojaveman
07-11-2016, 20:40
I look only at history. The Russians were in Afghanistan for nearly a decade, had over 100,000 personnel on the ground and didn't meet their objective. While I was living in East Germany I met several Russians who served in that conflict and they pretty much said that morale was terrible among the troops and that none of them really believed in the cause.

Sorry, but I just can't have much faith in our endeavor either.

Team Sergeant
07-12-2016, 05:47
I look only at history. The Russians were in Afghanistan for nearly a decade, had over 100,000 personnel on the ground and didn't meet their objective. While I was living in East Germany I met several Russians who served in that conflict and they pretty much said that morale was terrible among the troops and that none of them really believed in the cause.

Sorry, but I just can't have much faith in our endeavor either.

They didn't meet their objective because we did our job well. I and many others on here must be writing in Russian cause we've all said the same thing since the beginning, we're not going to change shitte in Afghanistan, not in 1000 years.........

America has not gone to war since WWII.