PDA

View Full Version : Robert DeNiro, Dirty Grandpa. SF Fraud...?

Prospect6
07-04-2016, 09:20
I saw Team Sergeants post and am curious. As Adrian Grenier quickly proved, depicting a true to form, former SF team member on the big screen can be a touchy subject.
How does the great, Robert DeNiro hold up in his latest sell out film, 'Dirty Grandpa'?

Haven't seen it yet? Word of caution... Not a home with the family movie by any means. Barely a team room with a twelve pack movie.

But I'd love to hear from some of the guys possibly around his age if he pulls off describing his "life experience."

Team Sergeant
07-04-2016, 11:30
Movie "Legend" Robert DeNiro, a Green Beret?

Mr. DeNiro can play anyone he likes. In the "Deer Hunter" he pulled off being a Green Beret with ease. He has the appearance, the demeanor, the required mental toughness etc. Mr. DeNiro played being a Green Beret about as well as one can without actually being one. I'm sure he'd be most welcome at any gathering of the "Legion".......

There's quite a few hollywood "actors" that should never play soldiers, george clooney comes to mind. He reminds me of a chihuahua in a man's body.

Who do I think played a green beret best? The lad from Iowa of course....... Marion Morrison.

blue02hd
07-04-2016, 12:18
Had a great friend (SF Brother) invite us over to celebrate Tuesday and watch the flick. We laughed our asses off. Should be required viewing for all retired SF.

Nuff said.

Badger52
07-04-2016, 14:58
There's quite a few hollywood "actors" that should never play soldiers, george clooney comes to mind. He reminds me of a chihuahua in a man's body.LMFAO!

:lifter

CAARNG 68W
07-04-2016, 16:21
There's quite a few hollywood "actors" that should never play soldiers, george clooney comes to mind. He reminds me of a chihuahua in a man's body.

Ever seen Three Kings? Even The Peacemaker is a favorite of mine.

Who do I think played a green beret best? The lad from Iowa of course....... Marion Morrison.

lol

TOMAHAWK9521
07-06-2017, 21:52
Well, Clooney now has no right to play any kind of tough-guy warrior. Mr "Open Borders" just peed himself in the face of the consequences his activism has wrought upon Europe and is running scared back to the safety and security of the evil, nationalist and xenophobic USA. :boohoo

Ah, the irony. Hypocrisy, thy name ist Clooney

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/07/06/clooney-moving-twins-back-america-security-reasons/

Team Sergeant
07-07-2017, 15:27
Well, Clooney now has no right to play any kind of tough-guy warrior. Mr "Open Borders" just peed himself in the face of the consequences his activism has wrought upon Europe and is running scared back to the safety and security of the evil, nationalist and xenophobic USA. :boohoo

Ah, the irony. Hypocrisy, thy name ist Clooney

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/07/06/clooney-moving-twins-back-america-security-reasons/

I saw that and also laughed out loud.......george clooney doesn't have to play a coward, he really is one.

PSM
07-07-2017, 16:07
He just learned that LA is safer because the Crips, Bloods, and MS-13 don't target innocent citizens minding their own business.

Pat

Golf1echo
07-07-2017, 20:27
I saw that and also laughed out loud.......george clooney doesn't have to play a coward, he really is one.

I too roared with laughter first thing this morning when I saw that irony, hard to tell if the twins caused that stress on his face or the World Elitist Celebrity gig just exploded in his face, he looks like he was rode hard and put away wet :D

LA, really, well I think he can hire armed guards if he can get permits for them...probably governor moonbeam could issue some, maybe not, maybe he means Venice and no one will notice.

Bad publicity for recouping 25 Million Dollars...

Badger52
07-08-2017, 06:52
LA, really, well I think he can hire armed guards if he can get permits for them...That's not an issue for the "beautiful (donor) people"

Chucko
07-09-2017, 19:00
I saw Team Sergeants post and am curious. As Adrian Grenier quickly proved, depicting a true to form, former SF team member on the big screen can be a touchy subject.
How does the great, Robert DeNiro hold up in his latest sell out film, 'Dirty Grandpa'?

Haven't seen it yet? Word of caution... Not a home with the family movie by any means. Barely a team room with a twelve pack movie.

But I'd love to hear from some of the guys possibly around his age if he pulls off describing his "life experience."

I don't like DeNiros political BS but I watched quite a few of his movies and enjoyed them. But, I could only watch Dirty Grandpa about 10 minutes because it was so vulgar, stupid and obnoxious.

bblhead672
07-10-2017, 09:14
I could only watch Dirty Grandpa about 10 minutes because it was so vulgar, stupid and obnoxious.

You talking about a movie or CNN? :D

Chucko
07-10-2017, 20:43
You talking about a movie or CNN? :D

Ha ha.
I would rather watch CNN than DiNero and haven't watched CNN ever except for a clip or two on the computer.