PDA

View Full Version : Ok, my first "Hollywood" Special Forces "Fraud", Adrian Grenier

Team Sergeant
07-01-2016, 21:04
I just saw the movie Marauders with Bruce Willis playing a banker and Adrian Grenier playing an FBI "Special Agent" and former "Special Forces Sniper".

Sorry Adrian Grenier, I liked you in Entourage but playing a Special Forces soldier, well, you're a no-go. First you don't even have the build required as our shoulders don't match our ass size. You're pencil thin and look as "hard" as a American Airlines flight attendant. You don't pull off the warrior in the movie. And, I don't care who they are we don't take shit from anyone, especially "FBI agents" named Christopher Meloni or Dave Bautista.

Adrian Grenier, do us a favor and don't play a Special Forces soldier again, ever. And whoever "consulted" for the Special Forces mission in the movie is an idiot and probably a fraud himself. We don't work in "squads" and we would never continually fire our weapons without targets or fire on full automatic.

Sorry Bruce, the movie was shitte and completely unbelievable. Like the part in the bank going down the rope into a crowd of 25 armed men...... stupid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3963816/

BlueYing
07-02-2016, 13:37
I haven't seen the movie and, having never seen Entourage, didn't recognize the name Adrian Grenier. I followed your link and didn't see his name listed at all. I went to IMDb a different way and still did not see his name listed in the credits, or Entourage's or any other way. I found it doing a simple google search but I find it odd that someone with his list of roles does not have an IMDb page.

Did you have his page erased from existence because he was so bad at portraying an ex SF sniper?

rubberneck
07-02-2016, 16:17
I haven't seen the movie and, having never seen Entourage, didn't recognize the name Adrian Grenier. I followed your link and didn't see his name listed at all. I went to IMDb a different way and still did not see his name listed in the credits, or Entourage's or any other way. I found it doing a simple google search but I find it odd that someone with his list of roles does not have an IMDb page.

Did you have his page erased from existence because he was so bad at portraying an ex SF sniper?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004978/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

BlueYing
07-02-2016, 16:27
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004978/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

I swear when I looked he wasn't anywhere to be found. I recognized the face once I googled him. I thought it was strange.

PRB
07-02-2016, 17:29
Lol...he's got that metro sexual look down just right. I'm thinkin' more of a butt pirate than an action figure.
Who screened this guy for a part.....Mike Moore?

Team Sergeant
07-03-2016, 10:37

He's there listed as "Wells" (4th one down)......

Should be a law against playing a Special Forces soldier when you look as fierce as a kitten. ;)

CAARNG 68W
07-03-2016, 20:17
I'm the only guy of my generation who thought that Entourage was a show for trend loving douchebags

Five-O
07-04-2016, 06:00
I'm the only guy of my generation who thought that Entourage was a show for trend loving douchebags

Just saw the movie and I took it as Hollywood making fun of itself. Grenier was not particularly funny --he played the serious guy. All the other characters were self absorbed, narcissistic doucehy guys...that was the whole point. Based on how he looked in Entourage, Grenier would have to spend months in the weight room to look anything like a soldier.

CAARNG 68W
07-04-2016, 11:17
Just saw the movie and I took it as Hollywood making fun of itself. Grenier was not particularly funny --he played the serious guy. All the other characters were self absorbed, narcissistic doucehy guys...that was the whole point. Based on how he looked in Entourage, Grenier would have to spend months in the weight room to look anything like a soldier.

No one on the cast was funny. The show was brain dulling after The Sopranos episode was over

Team Sergeant
07-04-2016, 11:40
No one on the cast was funny. The show was brain dulling after The Sopranos episode was over

Your opinion, some were very funny in my opinion. And if you understood who was behind it and who it was based on it was even funnier.

CAARNG 68W
07-04-2016, 16:33
Your opinion, some were very funny in my opinion. And if you understood who was behind it and who it was based on it was even funnier.

Never been a Wahlberg fan Sergeant. Maybe Three Kings