PDA

View Full Version : Planning to hike the App Trail

Marlboro
06-05-2016, 04:12
Guys,

We all get lost, and I've found myself lost this past year, so I decided I'm hiking the App trail. I was going to leave in a couple weeks, but as I was purchasing my gear family struck. I was wondering if anyone from here would be interested in starting from Springer, GA in March?

Since I've decided I'm going to do this, there is no turning back. With more time than a couple weeks to plan, I'm going to look into how to raise money for veterans groups.

So who would you raise money for? GBF is probably the single best group, but then there is the DAV, but I'm sure you guys know more good ones.

Team Sergeant
06-05-2016, 08:14
Green Berets don't get lost, mis-oriented but never lost.

Family is important, too important to take a long walk and leave them.

(Forest Gump was single when he ran across the country, 3x.)

I'd concentrate on yourself instead of charities, hard to help others when you're lost.

Marlboro
06-05-2016, 08:23
Spend years in politics then detour to journalism you'll realize all hope is lost :munchin

Team Sergeant
06-05-2016, 08:26
Spend years in politics then detour to journalism you'll realize all hope is lost :munchin

You're not lost, you're up "shits creek". And when that happens you sink or swim.

Green Berets enjoy the occasional trip up shits creek, lets us know we're alive and an opportunity to excel, again. ;)

And hope is never lost while we draw breath.

Sohei
06-05-2016, 08:33
Warriors aren't changed by their environment -- they change the environment or they adapt and overcome it.

Warriors are sharpened by those situations that make others run or cower in the corner. We all need rest periods to regroup and gain new strength.

No worries. Clear your head and drive on....

Santo Tomas
06-06-2016, 08:31
Got some friends doing that now.

Check out their FB page.

SEGA AT Thru Hike

Old Dog New Trick
06-06-2016, 14:32