PDA

View Full Version : General Boykin not welcome on Ft. Riley

sg1987
06-03-2016, 06:02
Military Religious Freedom Foundation founder Mikey Weinstein told Army Times that Boykin’s invitation had caused great angst among soldiers at Fort Riley – leading some to break down in tears.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/02/boykin-bounced-fort-riley-cancels-delta-force-heros-prayer-breakfast-speech.html?intcmp=hplnws

Really???

Sohei
06-03-2016, 06:06
The below quote said it all for me:

“I sincerely doubt that America can expect to win wars if the people who are tasked to do so are frightened by an old retired general with biblical views and a testimony of faith,” Boykin told me.

We are in deep trouble as a nation. We are being surrounded by pansies.

Streck-Fu
06-03-2016, 08:28
How many on the post could have actually known about him coming? Weisntein seems to be stalking the General and complaining at every earliest opportunity.

Mustang Man
06-03-2016, 08:29
Never heard of the MRFF until now, had to give them & Mr. Wienstien a quick google search. Least to say I'm not surprised with what I dug up.

"Mikey Weinstein, founder and CEO of MRFF, recently came under criticism for his larger than average (for a non-profit) salary and his practice of voting on his own compensation (he is one of the voting members of MRFF’s 3 member board).[34]*In 2012, Weinstein received total compensation worth $273,355 according to IRS filings accessed on the nonprofit transparency website GuideStar[34]

In November 2014 press release, Weinstein alleged that "radical Christians" in America could "pose the same kind of threat" as the terrorist group ISIS does in the Middle East.[35]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Religious_Freedom_Foundation

BryanK
06-03-2016, 11:21
...We are in deep trouble as a nation. We are being surrounded by pansies.

Good, they'll make excellent cannon fodder. I still have faith that there is a majority of hard-charging, steely-eyed killers amongst our men in combat arms positions. It's just queers like that guy who wanted Gen. Boykin bounced who scream so loud it makes it seem like there are a lot more sandy vaginas out there than there really are ;)

sg1987
06-03-2016, 11:40
We are in deep trouble as a nation. We are being surrounded by pansies.

Yep. Because of crap like this article from a “parenting” website:

“Colors have no gender. Clothing has no gender. Gender is nothing but a list of made-up rules by the masses”

http://www.scarymommy.com/sons-need-feminism/?utm_source=FB

So much for DNA and those outdated values of our Founding Fathers:

“In the Judeo-Christian Value System there is a natural and common-sense balance between compassion and courageous confrontation of evil. This can be seen metaphorically as a natural balance between femininity and masculinity; both good and necessary. The secular culture of Europe and of many in the United States today have unwisely suppressed the masculinity of Judeo-Christian American Culture, and this has put our society out of balance.”
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2007/09/the_judeochristian_values_of_a.html

The Reaper
06-03-2016, 15:48
I guess the military has now added the 1st Amendment to the 2nd on the list of Bill of Rights amendments that they do not respect.

TR

Joker
06-03-2016, 20:41
Pussies.

Box
06-03-2016, 21:29
...you guys kill me.

Since when has the military ever acknowledged the 1st amendment.

"shut the fuck up private"
"who the fuck said that"
"at ease mother fuckers"
"disappear scumbag"

There was no way on hell's half acre that an outspoken patriotic christian was going to be given the keys to the pulpit on a military base.
...what if he would have said something controversial about homosexuality?

akv
06-04-2016, 09:09
The lessons of history both past and present seem to indicate without men like General Boykin, people like Mr. Weinstein wouldn't enjoy the mantle of freedom bought and paid for in the face of the Third Reich or the current ISIS enemy.

You don't have to share a man's politics to afford him basic respect and gratitude for his service for you in harms way.

Paslode
06-04-2016, 11:39
IMO, Mikey is no different than BLM, SJW, Occupy and all the other anti-American crazies. He in it to make some revenue by pushing someone elses agenda.

Box
06-04-2016, 19:51
You don't have to share a man's politics to afford him basic respect and gratitude for his service for you in harms way.

The problem with today's society is that most of our citizens are no longer taught the concept of respect...
...teaching the concepts of discipline and respect are frowned upon since those concepts are little more than outdated modes of control used as a crutch by the hyper-male patriarchal society to force their will onto the masses

Surf n Turf
06-08-2016, 18:44
The soldiers can choose to go or not, without "command influence"
SnT

Military chaplains call on base to renew speaking invitation to outspoken former Army general
A group of military chaplains is calling for an about-face after a base in Kansas disinvited retired Army Lt. Gen. William Boykin from a prayer breakfast due to his religious beliefs.

The Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty sent a letter to Maj. Gen. Wayne Grisby, commander of the 1st Infantry Division at Fort Riley, calling on him to reinstate Gen. Boykin’s invitation.

The chaplain advocacy group said the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, which demanded the general be disinvited due to his religious beliefs, has no right to dictate whom the base hosts.

“Maj. Gen. Grisby should reinstate the invitation to Lt. Gen. Boykin to let the members of his command know that members of his command know that members of the military can make their own decisions about who they want to listen to concerning matters of faith,” said Ron Crews, executive director of Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty, in a statement.

Mr. Crews called the disintivation “dishonorable and without any legal foundation.”

“In fact, the decision flew in the face of the very freedoms of religion and speech that our fighting men and women have fought to protect since the very beginning of the U.S. military,” he said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/8/military-chaplains-call-base-renew-speaking-invita/

1stindoor
06-09-2016, 05:40
From that same "scarymommy" source....

"I am going to raise my son to focus on his interests and his inner-self and less on his “gender” role in society because no one—and I mean no one—will be telling my son how he should live his life.

We'll see if she feels the same way if her son decides to play with GI Joes, fashions guns out of sticks, wants a BB gun, and wants to be a Soldier when he grows up.

RomanCandle
06-11-2016, 15:56
"The chaplain advocacy group said the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, which demanded the general be disinvited due to his religious beliefs, has no right to dictate whom the base hosts".

Oh the irony.