PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) for Kyo

Roycroft201
01-06-2005, 13:40
Hi Kyo !

I have some a question RE: Private Messaging on PS.com.

Question:
When I send a PM, a window pops up and asks if I want a 'receipt'. There does not seem to be a way to answer 'NO' to that question. Is that correct ?

Thanks.

Kyobanim
01-06-2005, 13:49
If you don't want a receipt, click cancel. I know, sort of missleading. That can be changed in the code.

Roycroft201
01-07-2005, 01:24
Kyo-

I should have stated my question more clearly.

When I click on "submit message" the window asking about a 'receipt' pops up.
If I click on 'cancel' and then proceed to try to send my PM by clicking on 'submit message', once again the receipt window reappears.

Then, I click 'cancel' again (why do I think this will work the second time if I didn't get it right the first time ??) and try to send my message and I get the message "Sorry. The administrator does not allow more than one message to sent in less than 60 seconds" ...or something to that effect. That's not verbatim.

So am I actually sending my message twice when I thought it wasn't being sent at all ?? If so - to all of you that must have received multiple copies of EVERY PM I have EVER sent - I apologize ! LOL ! I had assumed because I kept repeatedly getting the 'receipt' question window (unless I clicked yes for a mandatory receipt) , that my message, in fact was NOT being sent.

I know this is REALLY elementary stuff - I just want to click 'send' and successfully send my PM. I was trying to eliminate getting a receipt. I don't seem to be able to 'send' unless I say 'yes' to the receipt and I was trying to skip that.

(I probably should add, Kyo, that it was one of those days - I think I wanted SOMETHING to work today without complication, however minor it may be. The bank would not accept more than $10 in rolled coin. The last time I checked, coin was legal tender, so if not the BANK, then who ??......Then, the new helpy-selfy thing in the post office lobby will NOT accept CASH if you want to buy stamps. You can only use a debit card or a charge card. This is the machine that is in the P.O. lobby that is open 24 hours so if I want to get stamps after 5 PM, I can't use MONEY ?? And then, my NEW cell phone started talking back at me, telling me I wasn't giving it the RIGHT commands !! I just wanted to make a d*^n phone call !!) LOL !