PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Info SSG Raymond F. Parks on 14 July 1962

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-06-2005, 13:01
In a message dated 1/5/2005 1:50:18 P.M. Central Standard Time, William.Forsyth@JPAC.PACOM.MIL writes:

I am the POW/MIA analyst for Laos and Cambodia at the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command in Hawaii. I am trying to locate SOG member Col Richard O Sutton who was with White Star in 1962 (then 1Lt) and was on active duty as late as 2001; I need to speak to him about the loss of SSG Raymond F. Parks on 14 July 1962 on a flight from Vientiane to Paksane. Sutton conducted a search for the Bird and Sons Navion aircraft and I need to find the exact area of the search, it is not in our records. Need either a phone number or email address. Any help you can provide will we appreciated.

Mr. Bill Forsyth
JPAC Hawaii
"Until they are home"

Mr. Bill Forsyth, GS-13
Laos and Cambodia POW/MIA Analyst (J2211)
Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC)
310 Worchester Avenue Bldg 45 (Trailer #10)
Hickam Air Force Base Hawaii 96853-5530
Tel: 808-448-1814
DSN 315-448-1814
Fax: 808-448-7813
mailto:william.forsyth@ds.jpac.pacom.mil

Eagle5US
09-23-2005, 08:14
In a message dated 1/5/2005 1:50:18 P.M. Central Standard Time, William.Forsyth@JPAC.PACOM.MIL writes:

I am the POW/MIA analyst for Laos and Cambodia at the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command in Hawaii. I am trying to locate SOG member Col Richard O Sutton who was with White Star in 1962 (then 1Lt) and was on active duty as late as 2001; I need to speak to him about the loss of SSG Raymond F. Parks on 14 July 1962 on a flight from Vientiane to Paksane. Sutton conducted a search for the Bird and Sons Navion aircraft and I need to find the exact area of the search, it is not in our records. Need either a phone number or email address. Any help you can provide will we appreciated.

Mr. Bill Forsyth
JPAC Hawaii
"Until they are home"

Mr. Bill Forsyth, GS-13
Laos and Cambodia POW/MIA Analyst (J2211)
Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC)
310 Worchester Avenue Bldg 45 (Trailer #10)
Hickam Air Force Base Hawaii 96853-5530
Tel: 808-448-1814
DSN 315-448-1814
Fax: 808-448-7813
mailto:william.forsyth@ds.jpac.pacom.mil

Hey fellas-
Bill is the read deal. Please do not hesitate if you think you have any information that may help out.

Eagle

Ambush Master
09-23-2005, 16:26
He's not listed in the SOA Roster, unless he's joined since last year. I'll be at SOAR on Monday and I'll ask around.

Later
Martin

rubberneck
10-05-2005, 13:10
Using my rather weak google fu I was able to find this. You can send an e-mail to a Richard O Sutton by following the link. I hope it helps.

http://www.aogusma.org/contact/mmia.htm

Edited to add: if you know a graduate of West Point they can look up his phone number and address by following that link.

BMT (RIP)
10-05-2005, 14:07
Request forwarded to Col. Sutton.

BMT

safeasmilk
10-06-2005, 10:09
Thank you rubberneck and BMT.

InfantryPL
02-27-2007, 11:57
I apologize for breaking a rule and posting on my 2nd day as a member, but this seemed a worthy cause.

While I was an enlisted man in the 25th ID(L) in Hawaii 1992-94, I had a POW bracelet with Raymond Parks' name. As luck would have it, my unit did a "field trip" of sorts to Central Identification Labratory Hawaii (CILHI) and while there I asked someone if he could break the rules and look up the guy's file. I felt a bond to him that...well you SF guys should get it...anyway, long story short, the file said that he was promoted posthumously to SFC. The helo he was on had gone down and he was declared killed, body not recovered.

His family's last known whereabouts were in North Carolina if you want to try digging there, but I believe he was originally from the midwest, Ohio or Michigan, I don't recall which. Perhaps they would have contact with the individual you mentioned. I looked up his family at the time (this was summer 1994) and I was going to call them thinking they'd like to know someone was wearing their soldier's bracelet. In the end I decided to let them have closure, and I never did call. Still, I think I have their contact info somewhere in a box with my old crap from my regular army days, so if I find it, I'll pass it on via PM.
2LT Soika

The Reaper
02-27-2007, 12:01
LT:

No apologies necessary because it is your second day, but because it would appear that you have not bothered to read the stickies and intros as we asked you to, or introduced yourself in the proper place before jumping into a discussion thread.

If you post again before reading, or violate any of the restrictions we put out, you will be done here.

Life is short, but it is a lot shorter without SA or knowing your operational environment.

TR

InfantryPL
08-18-2007, 18:03
Roger TR, understood. WILCO