PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan Cup: N.C. regiment earns top tank crew honors

Pete
05-15-2016, 18:31
Sullivan Cup: N.C. regiment earns top tank crew honors

http://www.fayobserver.com/military/sullivan-cup-n-c-regiment-earns-top-tank-crew-honors/article_50341967-f730-5ed9-8e2b-e3792bf2ced4.html

"The Army's top tank crew doesn't hail from a traditional armor powerhouse, like those found at Fort Hood, Texas; Fort Bliss, Texas or Fort Stewart, Georgia.

This year, that honor goes to a crew in the Sandhills of North Carolina, a region known more for parachute drops than tank treads.

The North Carolina National Guard's 1st Battalion, 252nd Armor Regiment, based in Fayetteville, took home top honors at the biennial Sullivan Cup at Fort Benning, Georgia, earlier this month...."

Well, congrats to 1st Lt. John Dupre, Sgt. Curtis Bowen, Spc. Brandon Sinor and Spc. Phillip Hill.

I'm sure there's more than one tanker going WTF.

The Reaper
05-15-2016, 20:02
Training cuts due to insufficient funding, combined with redirection of the Maneuver Center of Excellence priorities to ensuring success for the female Ranger candidates.

We are rapidly approaching a hollow military again.

TR

Team Sergeant
05-15-2016, 20:05
Training cuts due to insufficient funding, combined with redirection of the Maneuver Center of Excellence priorities to ensuring success for the female Ranger candidates.

We are rapidly approaching a hollow military again.TR

With the reduction of troops below the Pre-WWII levels, I thought we were already there.......

Maybe we can make up the "manning" issues with more trannies?:munchin

frostfire
05-15-2016, 20:31

We are rapidly approaching a hollow military again.

TR

A friend's wife just got her haircut to get ready for PRC, then ranger school. Her husband is going to the class before hers. She looked so happy and enthusiastic. Broke my heart. I can't be honest with her. She doesn't get it, and willingly supports "the experiment" :(

Guess we know who wears the pants...

Pete
05-17-2016, 06:17
In NATO tank competition, U.S. comes up short against Germany

http://www.standard.net/World/2016/05/16/In-NATO-tank-competition-U-S-comes-up-short-against-Germany

"Six NATO countries squared off last week in the Strong Europe Tank Challenge, a two-day competition that pitted some of the alliance’s best tank crews against each another in a series of events centered around armored warfare...."

Short against Germany, Denmark and Poland.

Maybe we should have sent the NG team?

cbtengr
05-17-2016, 12:06
In NATO tank competition, U.S. comes up short against Germany

http://www.standard.net/World/2016/05/16/In-NATO-tank-competition-U-S-comes-up-short-against-Germany

"Six NATO countries squared off last week in the Strong Europe Tank Challenge, a two-day competition that pitted some of the alliance’s best tank crews against each another in a series of events centered around armored warfare...."

Short against Germany, Denmark and Poland.

Maybe we should have sent the NG team?

Rumor has it though that our Air Force beat all those other countries in Hungry Hippos.

It is getting embarrassing and if we can it will take a long time to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in.

Badger52
05-17-2016, 15:30
It is getting embarrassing and if we can it will take a long time to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in.First step: Put down the shovel.
:munchin

cbtengr
05-17-2016, 18:10
First step: Put down the shovel.
:munchin

I wish !!