PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo Hybrid 46

JJ_BPK
05-12-2016, 08:51
There is going to be a SilencerCO event on the 20th. They are opening a window for SPEQT (Service Proven Equipment) Program to all who have served - both past and present.

B&H Police Supply
245 East Merritt Island Causeway
Merritt Island, FL 32952

I've been waiting for ANYONE to to get some SIG inventory in Florida for a 45 pistol can, but watched these vids and I now have the JONES..

The ability to cover 458 SOCOM and 45-70 sure talks to durability and flexibility..

One week spot is it a sealed can and cleaning can be tedious.. AND it looks to be 6-8 oz heaver..

I was looking at the Octane 45, SIG SRD 45, and AAC Ti-Rant 45.

Anyone want to opine??

HYBRID 46

The Hybrid™ is the silencer for any platform. Compatible with calibers ranging from 5.56mm to 9mm, .45–70 GOV to .458 SOCOM, and many in between, the Hybrid is both full auto and magnum-rated and can be used on pistols, rifles, and submachine guns. Boasting low-120 dB’s on 300BLK and remaining hearing-safe with .45–70, the Hybrid offers an unparalleled pairing of versatility and performance – a combination you’ve come to expect from SilencerCo products.

The Hybrid is rated down to 16˝ barrels for .45–70 and .458 SOCOM and down to 18˝ barrels for all magnum calibers up to .338. With a slew of compatible accessories available, you can turn the Hybrid into the perfect silencer for any demand.
SPECS
CALIBER

WEIGHT
9mm – .45-70 GOV 13.8 oz
(With Direct Thread Mount)
DIAMETER

LENGTH
1.565″ 7.8″
FINISH

MUZZLE AVERAGE
Grey Cerakote 9mm: 125.7 dB
.45ACP: 130.4 dB
.300 BLK: 123.7 dB
5.56: 130.4 dB
7.62: 136.4 dB
.458 SOCOM: 138.3 dB
.45-70 GOV: 140.6 dB
MSRP: $999
Pistons Sold Separately
hybrid silencer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ls2NmCDpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTJZf64zF4

Oldrotorhead
05-12-2016, 09:51
A good place for information.

http://www.silencershop.com/

I don't have any direct experience that would help.

MR2
05-12-2016, 11:10
Looking at the http://deadairsilencers.com/products-category/pistol/ for dual use on a .45 and a 9mm and alternate for the .300.

TonyY
05-17-2016, 20:29
I'm sure the hybrid suppressor will work well. My problem would be with keeping track of all the pistons or adapters for all the different thread patterns and calibers. And then if you want to use subsonic ammo there is always what is going to work best with a bolt gun, gas gun or recoil operated gun. Forget about point of impact change on different guns.

My thoughts are, if possible, a suppressor dedicated to a specific weapon or at least to a few specific weapons. You then know you have something that will always work. Maybe it's overkill but I have 13 suppressors. Yes my 762-sdn-6 will work fine on a 556 CQB gun (maybe) but why have an 8" suppressor on it when I can have Surefire Mini Monster on it that is 3" shorter. Just my thoughts and playing around with some of these toys for awhile. And let's not even get into wet and dry.

For a 45ACP pistol suppressor I like my Osprey 45. It works well with standard sights. It is also simple to swap out and align with other caliber handguns. The TiRant 45 and TiRant 45s I have also work well but they are more suited to a red dot or higher fixed sights.

There's a million pros and cons with suppressors and today there are tons of manufactures to choose from. I say buy one of each if you can.

Whatever you buy I'm sure you will be satisfied. I have yet to buy a suppressor I'm not happy with owning.

35NCO
05-18-2016, 08:31
.458 SOCOM: 138.3 dB
.45-70 GOV: 140.6 dB

That is really loud. Even for supersonic rounds. That's going to give you a ring and twang in your ears. Better than a full power shot, but still.

I have zero problems with silencerco, but, I have to say I do not think the hybrid route that they and others are taking is very good for the consumer. The consumer gets one can for multi-cal, but also very poor overall performance and a substantial amount of extra weight. Then spend a TON of money on adapters and accessories. (Profit model)

I agree that dedicated cans to dedicated weapons or at least calibers is the best way to go.

Some situations are still OK, such as 300BLK subsonic in some 9mm and .45 suppressors. Or as just stated above, some 7.62 suppressors on 5.56 guns. (Less backpressure and blast baffle erosion, but greater weight and length for the same sound reduction.)

Generally with any bore hole larger than the caliber, the performance suffering comes from the intensive gas blow by and constant O2 refill. There are some companies that are offering caliber sized endcaps to help fight this issue. Its not a one size fits all solution. (I am not sold on the BATFE liking the extra endcaps thing for long either. eg: what happens when you have extra "suppressor parts" laying around.)

If you are looking for a .45 suppressor, from my personal experience I would recommend the Ocatane .45, the Rugged Obsidian, or Dead Air. Those currently are the highest performing .45 cans that I am aware of.

However, SIG, YHM, Gemtech, Liberty, Thompson, Alpha Dog, Griffen, will all get it done too, just some cases a touch louder, or heavier, or longer/shorter/ ext. Really depends on what you want at the end of the day. For example, Alpha dog has pretty good performance, but with a rail on their can. Which is pretty interesting and useful to some folks. However the trade is, they recommend operating their suppressor wet to get best performance.

If you want a .458 or 45-70 can have some of the well known shops build you one for what specific weapon you want to put it on. At least then you can expect to be well below 139Db. I can point you to several shops if your considering that.

JJ_BPK
05-20-2016, 13:27
After long & thoughtful considerations and input from PS.com,, I was about to purchased one of each..

Nah,, But I am now sitting in time-out for AFT to OK an Omega 9K and Osprey 45.

The lady at the store and one of the guys from SilencerCo both use the 9k on their SIG P938 and both report "nice" sounds.. Full auto for 9mm-300BLK

And I decided on the Osprey 45 for the 45ACP, 40S&W, & full size 9mm,, also does 300BLK and full auto.

A Factory reps comment of note:

Don't bother doing WET,, nothing but a mess, sprays your face, not worth the effort,, both water and jell..

I have notice several guys in their youtube demo get face pasted.. always wondered if it was worth it??

Not my toys,, just a side-by-side

Team Sergeant
05-20-2016, 13:52
And on the upside, if you miss with all 24 shots you can hold the suppressor like a bat and beat them to death......:D