PDA

View Full Version : Chicken

Roguish Lawyer
01-05-2005, 16:39
I'm looking for new and different ways to make it. C'mon, show us what you've got!

(Note to Razor: I am asking for recipes only. ;) )

Razor
01-05-2005, 16:49
(Note to Razor: I am asking for recipes only. ;) )

Chicken. ;)

vsvo
01-05-2005, 17:47
Try this from Oliver's Twist. Easy to make and tasty. I've used bacon instead of pancetta and that works too.

Pan Cooked Chicken (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_22668,00.html)

Here's something we do around the house, works great on the grill, but good for the oven too.

In a large bowl, combine:

- chicken parts (breast, thighs, wings, etc.)
- crushed black pepper
- garlic powder (can substitute chopped fresh garlic)
- dash of dried basil
- soy sauce (la choy, not kikkoman)
- oyster flavored sauce (available at most supermarkets with an international section, definitely available at Asian supermarkets)
- use enough oyster and soy sauce to generously coat the parts
- marinade for about 30 minutes, then grill or bake in oven

brewmonkey
01-05-2005, 19:41
What kind of chicken are you using? Boneless skinless, whole chicken, 1/4 etc....?

One that I enjoy is Corn & Roasted Pepper with Chicken Breast

4-5 ears of Corn, roast and cut the kernels off
1 Cup chopped roasted peppers. Any kind combination red, green, yellow orange
2/3 cup of chopped seeded tomato. I like cherry or plum tomatos
1/4 shallot, minced
1-2 TBL chopped flat leaf parsley
1-2 minced seeded jalapenos (or how ever hot you like it)
1/2 tsp lime zest
2 TBL fresh squeezed lime juice. Bottled will work but it just isn't s good IMHO
2 tsp EVOO
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cracked pepper

Combine the first 6 ingredients and mix together well. Add the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle the lime juice mix over the corn/peppers and mix.

This goes really well with boneless skinless breast seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika or blackened seasoning and grilled.

I got this a few years back and make it often as it is very good and if you like something to the zesty side this is it. You can change up the hot peppers to suit your palate.