PDA

View Full Version : Carter announces new Operation Inherent Resolve award

Pete
05-09-2016, 05:39
Carter announces new Operation Inherent Resolve award

http://www.paraglideonline.net/news/article_0b8d5dc4-12dc-11e6-912a-47e9679a69a4.html

"WASHINGTON — Servicemembers who serve, or have served, in Iraq or Syria as part of Operation Inherent Resolve will receive the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced in Tampa, Florida, last week.

Carter announced the new award during the U.S. Central Command change-of-command ceremony where Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III transferred the command’s flag to Army Gen. Joe Votel.

“It is fitting then, that as we mark the change of command between these two leaders, that we introduce the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal,” Carter said. “I am pleased to announce today, by the president’s order and upon the chairman’s and my recommendation, that our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines serving in Iraq and Syria as part of Operation Inherent Resolve are now eligible for this medal and distinction.”....."

As a person who served in the scant awards years I have no problem with folks getting medals they earned the hard way.......

....... and I used to have a good handle on reading a guy's award stack - but now all I can do is hope to keep up with the top two rows when I only get a glance. Hell getting old I guess.

JJ_BPK
05-09-2016, 09:57
....... and I used to have a good handle on reading a guy's award stack - but now all I can do is hope to keep up with the top two rows when I only get a glance. Hell getting old I guess.

Agreed, I start with the NDSM,, & above.. I think there are over thirty(30) BTDT ribbons.

On a lighter note: Maybe next the SECDEF will authorize you to wear multiple copies of the same award, like the ruskies & NK's do?? :rolleyes:

ddoering
05-09-2016, 13:23
I'm glad to see that Ash is keeping busy with important shit.

Badger52
05-09-2016, 14:51
Plenty of time left for the implementation of gender-specific awards (in the spirit of gender-neutrality you know).

cbtengr
05-09-2016, 16:00
Plenty of time left for the implementation of gender-specific awards (in the spirit of gender-neutrality you know).

I guess this is what the new ribbon will look like.