PDA

View Full Version : Arizona woman attacked by herd of Javelinas

mojaveman
05-08-2016, 10:33
An Arizona woman is recovering after she was attacked by a herd of javelinas while walking her dogs last weekend, and wildlife officials say neighbors who were feeding the animals are partially to blame.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/07/arizona-woman-recovering-javelina-attack/84096522/

PSM
05-08-2016, 11:00
My understanding is that javelinas have very poor eyesight. Last year my wife was walking with our dog in a nearby wash. A javelina, followed by two babies, charged at the dog. When she saw how big he was she took off running and trying to get out of the wash. The dog took off after her but the babies started following the dog instead of their mother. Took awhile to get the family reunited. :D

Pat

Team Sergeant
05-08-2016, 11:35
An Arizona woman is recovering after she was attacked by a herd of javelinas while walking her dogs last weekend, and wildlife officials say neighbors who were feeding the animals are partially to blame.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/07/arizona-woman-recovering-javelina-attack/84096522/

If you're out in the hills of AZ without a gun then you're also part of the blame.

Could have been worse, could have been attacked by Armed Undocumented Democrats......

Sdiver
05-08-2016, 12:05
If you're out in the hills of AZ without a gun then you're also part of the blame.

I was gonna ask why the headline didn't read, "Arizona woman attacked by herd of Javelinas; Pig roast at Sid and Nancy's next Friday ... Bring a hearty appetite."

She must be a California transplant. :eek: :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
05-08-2016, 13:48
We have mountain lions all over this area, rattlesnakes, illegal aliens, etc. Common sense would dictate that you at least carry a friggin walking stick, can of mace ........ But, Common Sense is soooo rare these days it's a superpower. All the morons will bring a bottle of water but will they bring anything to defend themselves, nope. These are the sheeple.

And I've yet to hear anyone sing the praises of Javelina meat...... not a animal I'd hunt unless very very hungry.

mojaveman
05-08-2016, 14:26
And I've yet to hear anyone sing the praises of Javelina meat......not a animal I'd hunt unless very very hungry.

You out there Mark46th?

mark46th
05-08-2016, 15:50
Haven't eaten Javelina myself. But friends who have say it can be a bit musty.

LarryW
05-08-2016, 16:56

Could have been worse, could have been attacked by Armed Undocumented Democrats......

Yep...could have been a lot worse. Arming oneself in that area is smart.

RomanCandle
05-09-2016, 13:13

LOL. Like these guys:

https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2016/05/06/things-fall-apart-drakensberg-hikers-attacked-thieves-dogs/

Clearly being liberals :D none of 'em thought that being armed was a priority. Despite many such attacks happening in National Parks every year. Oh wait National Parks are gun free zones.

mark46th
05-31-2016, 08:14
Something else to remember about pigs in general- They can't jump. Get up on a tock or up in a tree a few feet above the ground and you will be safe.

Team Sergeant
05-31-2016, 08:17
Something else to remember about pigs in general- They can't jump. Get up on a tock or up in a tree a few feet above the ground and you will be safe.

lol, trees in southern Arizona? Surely you jest. ;) There are no trees except in cities.

mark46th
05-31-2016, 08:56
That's why I added rocks!

SF_BHT
05-31-2016, 23:52
What? You have never seen a pig fly:eek:

Had a SGM keep saying you can only do it when Pigs fly.... Guess what we made one fly... The landing was not that good but he did taste good after he was tenderized. :p

PSM
05-31-2016, 23:57
lol, trees in southern Arizona? Surely you jest. ;) There are no trees except in cities.

We've got lots of mesquite trees, but climbing one would do more damage than the skunk pigs! :eek:

Pat