PDA

View Full Version : What It's Really Like to Fight for the Islamic State - Captured ISIS Headcam Footage

Scimitar
05-01-2016, 03:27
Interesting stuff.

Would enjoy some learned critique from board members.

S

Youtube Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I)

Trapper John
05-01-2016, 11:53
In a word - what a clusterf__k!

My only frame of reference is when our team went to Iran to train the Iranian "special forces" in '73 before the Shah was deposed.

Their behavior was very similar. I was the jumpmaster on a jump into the AO would be operating. The Iranians showed up with what looked like the utensils for a small kitchen strap hanging from their rucksacks and web gear.

At the pre-jump inspection I told them they needed to stow that shit in their rucks or leave it on the tarmac. There was a small kurfluffel over that. The Iranian CO was objecting so I just put the Iranians in the port side stick and our team on the starboard stick and kicked the Iranians out the door first followed by our team.

I'd be damned if one of my team mates was going to be hit by falling pots and pans. :D

On the ground they were just as undisciplined. I remembered boy scout patrols that were more disciplined. And this was supposed to be the best Iran had?

The Cambodians I fought with just a year before were far better soldiers.

I am of the opinion that the Arab and Persian males are the worst raw material for soldiers on the planet. That video along with the many videos I have seen of the Iraqis since seem to support that view.

Others with more relevant and recent experience may have a different opinion.

miclo18d
05-01-2016, 13:36
In a word - what a clusterf__k!

I am of the opinion that the Arab and Persian males are the worst raw material for soldiers on the planet. That video along with the many videos I have seen of the Iraqis since seem to support that view.

I always imagine that King Leonidis thought the same thing!

I found it funny that they kept yelling at Abu! What a shitbag that Abu must have been! Doesn't even know which rockets are for anti-personnel or anti-vehicle! Couldn't find his magazine! Seemed to be like the new shitbird private that just got assigned and didnt know which end the bullets come out of.

Very disorganized. When they were finally stopped, which seemed inevitable, they had no plan or battle drill to break contact (besides the "roll from contact drill") I imagine that they didn't make it much further than the video and that the Pesh finished them off from a distance and walked up and took the video. No support from other vehicles, no indirect support for the attack, no SBF...inevitable.

scooter
05-01-2016, 14:14
Kind of takes the wind out of their sails, doesn't it?

I found it interesting that he Iraqis (even our enemies) were generally fuck ups who didn't really want to fight toe to toe. Our ALP and ANASF in Afghanistan, however, were almost recklessly brave in contact. Its interesting to see the difference culture makes.

Team Sergeant
05-01-2016, 16:53
Now you know why we beat their asses in three days during Desert Storm.

Against a Western military they don't stand a chance, against each other, it's like watching the Simpsons.

Had US forces engaged them in Benghazi there would have been 10,000 dead muslims and a still alive American Ambassador.

There's 3rd world, 4th world and so on. There guys don't even rate on the civilized scale.

Trapper John
05-01-2016, 18:05
Now you know why we beat their asses in three days during Desert Storm.

Against a Western military they don't stand a chance, against each other, it's like watching the Simpsons.

Had US forces engaged them in Benghazi there would have been 10,000 dead muslims and a still alive American Ambassador.

There's 3rd world, 4th world and so on. There guys don't even rate on the civilized scale.

:lifter

frostfire
05-02-2016, 09:37
I found it funny that they kept yelling at Abu! What a shitbag that Abu must have been! Doesn't even know which rockets are for anti-personnel or anti-vehicle! Couldn't find his magazine! Seemed to be like the new shitbird private that just got assigned and didnt know which end the bullets come out of.

Very disorganized. When they were finally stopped, which seemed inevitable, they had no plan or battle drill to break contact (besides the "roll from contact drill") I imagine that they didn't make it much further than the video and that the Pesh finished them off from a distance and walked up and took the video. No support from other vehicles, no indirect support for the attack, no SBF...inevitable.

Who needs tactics or readiness or support or proficiency if your goal is to get to Jannah. The Peshmerga and even YPG/YPJ would wipe them out in no time.

So how to deal with people with "kamikaze" mindset ?
It may be harder to hit than people running in zig zag pattern, but I imagine a rolling white object on a brown plain is easy to spot even with irons. May take a few extra rounds from crew served.

Another good documentary from VICE news that show how close the Kurds are from Raqqa, and that international political will is holding them back. Hats off to the true believers from Germany who live out their ideology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqds4LV9RI

Sohei
05-02-2016, 09:49
And we have not defeated these tactical geniuses because?

Because, like roaches, they keep coming out of the woodwork and multiplying overnight.

Trapper John
05-02-2016, 09:52

I know that's got to be a rhetorical question. :D

Team Sergeant
05-02-2016, 11:41

We would have destroyed them by the hundreds of thousands, but we were told not to kill them while they were busy running away.......

And now we're paying the price for not making an example of them in the first gulf war.

Just keep arming the Kurds and step aside while the Iranians kick some sunni asses, it's all good.......