PDA

View Full Version : USC Trojans Are National Champions!

Roguish Lawyer
01-04-2005, 23:41
Anyone want to dispute that? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

BTW, we played Auburn last year and the year before. Anyone want to check the scores of those games? :munchin

CommoGeek
01-05-2005, 08:17
The last time a group from SoCal put gave out a beating like that Rodney King was lying on the pavement.

DunbarFC
01-05-2005, 08:47
Glad to see Pete Carroll do so well

He was a disaster as the head coach of the Pats, and it's nice to see him make a comeback like this

I worked "security" down at the old stadium back when he was coach and he was the nicest person you could ever hope to meet. He knew EVERYONE'S name and always had a "hi" for everyone he saw

One of the good guys

Weazle23
01-05-2005, 15:50
Glad to see the title stays in the Pac-10. Would have liked to see Cal play UM in the Rose Bowl. Nothing against Texas, they obviously did well, but Rose Bowl should be Pac-10 vs Big 10.

Roguish Lawyer
01-05-2005, 16:02
Would have liked to see Cal play UM in the Rose Bowl. Nothing against Texas, they obviously did well, but Rose Bowl should be Pac-10 vs Big 10.

Me too. I didn't see the Holiday Bowl and don't know what happened to Cal in that game, but I thought they were by far the best 1-loss team in the country. Tedford really has built a program there.

Sigi
01-05-2005, 19:17
Me too. I didn't see the Holiday Bowl and don't know what happened to Cal in that game, but I thought they were by far the best 1-loss team in the country. Tedford really has built a program there.
LMAO. Cal was not the best one loss team in the country. Oklahoma has that honor. Damn that was an ass-beating.

Cal showed that the conference is not the PAC-10, but the PAC-1. LOL.

What was Bradley thinking trying to pick up that punt near the 5 yard line?

Congrats to USC (as much as it pains me to say that.)

Look out for Ohio State in 2005.

sduarfts
01-06-2005, 22:07
BTW, we played Auburn last year and the year before. Anyone want to check the scores of those games? :munchin

Big time Auburn fan here. I was a witness to last years game and all I got to say is 3 things.
#1 No comparison to last years Auburn team and this years.
#2 Perfect situation for us (AU). Undefeated, can scream we got screwed by BCS and didn't have to take the beating Oklahoma did.
#3 Congrats to USC

Roguish Lawyer
01-07-2005, 12:13
#1 No comparison to last years Auburn team and this years.

Campbell really seems to have matured. But the backs were very good last year and the year before too, IIRC. Didn't you guys lose those two awesome linebackers, Dansby and Thomas? Both very high in the draft, I believe.

sduarfts
01-07-2005, 21:42
Yes Dansby and Thomas were outstanding players and went high.
The running backs and quarterback were the same this year, but used in a very different way.

In 2002 USC beat Auburn in a close game out there with a late touchdown putting the game away. 2003 USC wins 23-0 mainly by using defensive line speed to shut down our running game. Auburns pass attack was non existant in 2003. You got your points on 2 turn overs deep in Auburn territory. My memory which isn't always accurate says The Men of Troy only had one long sustained drive for a touchdown, so the defense matched up well with your offense. It was however Leinherdt's 1st game.

This year AU developed quite a passing game and Campbell stepped up big time. Teams could no longer stop us by stacking the line. The Tigers defense was even stronger leading the nation in scoring defense with a ridiculous percentage of those points after the game was out of reach, i.e. in the Sugar Bowl the ACC's leading offense was shut out until 7 minutes left in the game.

Does this all add up to AU beating USC this year? If both teams are playing their best game I don't know and wouldn't bet on it. I have no problem tipping my hat to the Trogans and calling them National Champions. But you must admit Auburn is pretty dad gumb good. In another thread the question was asked who got screwed the most. I say the fans untill some legitemate playoff system is in place.

FIGHT ON !! and WAR EAGLE !!!

The Reaper
01-08-2005, 08:16
Norm Chow.

TR