PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunt 2016

mark46th
03-28-2016, 09:13
Myself, Roguish Lawyer and his son spent the weekend in King City, California hunting hogs... Photographic proof is included. This one went close to 400 pounds. Even the guides said they had never seen one this big in the area...

mark46th
03-29-2016, 08:54
I just realized that it looks like one of us shot this hog. This one was shot by someone else but it was so big I wanted a picture of it. Most of the pigs we shot were in the 125-175 pound class. There were 8 hunters in our group and we harvested 8 pigs...

Team Sergeant
03-29-2016, 09:12
Seriously, Roguish Lawyer actually shot a pig? Or did you guys set out a claymore for him? :munchin

Roguish Lawyer
03-31-2016, 15:14
Seriously, Roguish Lawyer actually shot a pig? Or did you guys set out a claymore for him? :munchin

Everyone in our group shot a pig except for me.

I shot at four pigs and missed them all. :o

The Reaper
03-31-2016, 16:40
DAMN!

An honest lawyer.

I better go buy a lottery ticket. :D

TR

Sdiver
03-31-2016, 17:28
DAMN!

An honest lawyer.

I better go buy a lottery ticket. :D

TR

Save your money Sir ...

He'll just ask you to vote for Cruz instead. :D

Team Sergeant
03-31-2016, 17:45
Everyone in our group shot a pig except for me.

I shot at four pigs and missed them all. :o

Then I'd say go and purchase the .338 cause even if you miss the shock and awe of that weapon will surely drop the pig dead in it's tracks. ;)

mark46th
03-31-2016, 20:53
RL did well. The pigs were moving at a trot to dead run. His misses were not wild shots, they were within an inch or two of the pigs. He did well within the group(Mostly LEO's) and interacted well with the guides. For his first hunting trip and being unfamiliar with the routine, he was good to go. He and his son have been invited to go with us next year...

Peregrino
04-01-2016, 06:50
RL did well. The pigs were moving at a trot to dead run. His misses were not wild shots, they were within an inch or two of the pigs. He did well within the group(Mostly LEO's) and interacted well with the guides. For his first hunting trip and being unfamiliar with the routine, he was good to go. He and his son have been invited to go with us next year...

OK - so he did well enough to be promoted from "outsider" to "insider". That just means we can thump him harder and you're obligated to defend him. This ought to be entertaining. :munchin

mark46th
04-01-2016, 07:57
What I was trying to say is, nobody got an ass full of buckshot...

Roguish Lawyer
04-01-2016, 11:36

Please be sure someone is home to accept the beer shipment. ;)

Team Sergeant
04-01-2016, 12:08
Buffalo are much easier to kill...... ;) Might want to start there.

Roguish Lawyer
04-01-2016, 12:51
Buffalo are much easier to kill...... ;) Might want to start there.

Is there a place I can hunt where they are tied down for me? Maybe a farm?

akv
04-02-2016, 08:49
Is there a place I can hunt where they are tied down for me? Maybe a farm?

Yes sir, like many things this exists in Texas. A colleague of mine got invited to an exotic hunting ranch years back. A Dama gazelle surprised their party and basically tried to lick salt out of his hand. He told me "it was practically a pet I couldn't shoot it, maybe I should have taken it home for my kids..."

Dusty
04-02-2016, 09:43
IMO best hog load is brenneke white lightning through a mod choke behind the ear. Every hog I've used that one just lay down and went to hog heaven.Put a turker load in one's mug charging me that did the same, but messed up the jowls.

mark46th
04-02-2016, 15:41
Dusty- We were hunting in rolling hills, with oak and coastal chapparal. The big one in the picture could have been taken with a shotgun, it was close. I hit mine on the run, quartering away from me. I ranged it at 277 yards, a bit out of slug range...

Roguish Lawyer
04-04-2016, 08:42
Yes sir, like many things this exists in Texas. A colleague of mine got invited to an exotic hunting ranch years back. A Dama gazelle surprised their party and basically tried to lick salt out of his hand. He told me "it was practically a pet I couldn't shoot it, maybe I should have taken it home for my kids..."

I was kidding! :D