PDA

View Full Version : Bergdahl, coward, deserter & bottom feeding lowlife

Team Sergeant
03-17-2016, 14:34
I was not aware that the Army Sanity Board personnel could time travel and read minds........

Bowe Bergdahl, coward, deserter & bottom feeding lowlife had "psychiatric disorder".

Thank you members of Delta Force for negotiating with and paying for Bergdahl's release.

And yeah, I now think the US military would do just about anything they are ordered to do.

Bergdahl had psychiatric disorder when he left post, documents say
Published March 17, 2016
· FoxNews.com

Investigators concluded Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl had a psychiatric disorder when he walked away from his Afghanistan post in 2009, according to documents made public late Wednesday.

A document from July 2015 shows that an Army Sanity Board Evaluation determined that Bergdahl suffered from schizotypal personality disorder when he left the post. A Mayo Clinic website says people with the disorder have trouble interpreting social cues and can develop significant distrust of others.

Attorneys for Bergdahl, who faces charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, acknowledged releasing the documents in the hope of counteracting negative publicity over the case.

"The more Americans know about this case, the better," attorney Eugene Fidell said in an email to the Associated Press. There was no immediate comment from the Army about the newly released documents.

Bergdahl appeared relaxed in photos he gave to a platoon mate five days before walking off the post. The pictures show him posing with a goat and enjoying camaraderie with his platoon mates, as well as an out-of-focus selfie.

cont:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/17/bergdahl-had-psychiatric-disorder-when-left-post-documents-say.html?intcmp=hplnws

SittingElf
03-17-2016, 16:33
A document from July 2015 shows that an Army Sanity Board Evaluation determined that Bergdahl suffered from schizotypal personality disorder when he left the post. A Mayo Clinic website says people with the disorder have trouble interpreting social cues and can develop significant distrust of others.

Well... he apparently "trusted" the freaking Taliban!

If this asswipe walks, I will have lost all faith in the UCMJ.

Release a traitor, but kick out a protector of kids! Bullshit!!

ddoering
03-17-2016, 18:42
The fix is in. No surprise here. We can't have the King's decisions questioned now can we?

miclo18d
03-18-2016, 05:08
If he had this disorder, then he had it when he came in. That's a fraudulent enlistment if I ever saw it!

JimP
03-18-2016, 05:18
If he had this disorder, then he had it when he came in. That's a fraudulent enlistment if I ever saw it!

YUP!!!

Also - it doesn't mean that he didn't know right from wrong, just that his bubble was a bit off plumb. He'll go down. if anything, this will be mitigation evidence at sentencing.

You can bet they tried the insanity defense and it doesn't look like it amounted to anything if they released this.

Streck-Fu
03-18-2016, 06:49

If the article I read is correct, he did not disclose his discharge from the Coast Guard during boot camp to the Army which should qualify as a fraudulent enlistment. I can't seem to find an article that states whether he requested and received any necessary waiver. If no waiver was granted, he probably failed to disclose.

But then, the Army should have known about the prior discharge, right?

EDIT:

This article indicates that the Army knew: LINK (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/bergdahls-writings-reveal-a-fragile-young-man/2014/06/11/fb9349fe-f165-11e3-bf76-447a5df6411f_story.html)

A senior Army official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, confirmed that the Army was aware of a prior “administrative discharge” when Bergdahl enlisted. A separate Army official, also speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that Bergdahl would have required a waiver to enlist under such circumstances. The official could not immediately confirm that Bergdahl received one.

Lots of details in the article. Seemingly, he thought he could go John Galt in Afghanistan....

craigepo
03-18-2016, 12:14
I took a quick glance at the UCMJ. He would have to prove to a jury that he was unable to appreciate the wrongfulness of his action (I think this is Article 850a). This might be pretty hard to prove. It seems that he has had some rather lucid interviews since he returned home---not sure how he could say he didn't appreciate the wrongfulness of running off to the enemy.

glebo
03-18-2016, 17:18
Well, it's been said somewhere before (can't remember where). They're kicking out an honorable decorated SF Soldier for standing up to "human rights" which is pushed down our throats from a boy raper , but maybe waffling on letting this fagbag TRAITOR off???

Am I missing something with the Command climate???

Nahh, Glad I'm out now... Good luck to our brave soldiers that have to endure this buffoonery

JimP
03-19-2016, 07:16
I took a quick glance at the UCMJ. He would have to prove to a jury that he was unable to appreciate the wrongfulness of his action (I think this is Article 850a). This might be pretty hard to prove. It seems that he has had some rather lucid interviews since he returned home---not sure how he could say he didn't appreciate the wrongfulness of running off to the enemy.

Roger - I've done a few of these. Insanity is extremely difficult to prove in the military as they wouldn't be in the military in the first place if they were nutters. Defense team is doing their due diligence in having his head shrunk. There's NO WAY he flies on an insanity defense, (the defense is required to notify the government if that is their plan). This kid knew right from wrong and acted accordingly. He may be a bit off plumb but he's not insane.

The defense is prepping the public and potential jury pool for a diminished capacity argument upon sentencing. If they get a judge similar in judicial thought to the article 32 officer, expect him to get a slap on the wrist and an ARCOM. However, if he runs into one of my peers currently siting on the bench.....he better start storing up some "soap on a rope".

UWOA (RIP)
03-19-2016, 08:47
Roger - I've done a few of these. Insanity is extremely difficult to prove in the military as they wouldn't be in the military in the first place if they were nutters. Defense team is doing their due diligence in having his head shrunk. There's NO WAY he flies on an insanity defense, (the defense is required to notify the government if that is their plan). This kid knew right from wrong and acted accordingly. He may be a bit off plumb but he's not insane.

The defense is prepping the public and potential jury pool for a diminished capacity argument upon sentencing. If they get a judge similar in judicial thought to the article 32 officer, expect him to get a slap on the wrist and an ARCOM. However, if he runs into one of my peers currently siting on the bench.....he better start storing up some "soap on a rope".

Hey! They let me in ....

miclo18d
04-07-2016, 05:23
I think we have just misunderstood the man. Seems he can write and is not too bad with movie reviews either!

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/04/bergdahl-star-wars-a-runaway-hit/