PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood of a Middle East Deployment?

Ptownboogie
03-13-2016, 03:08
Hello,

I'm in the process of attaining an 18X Contract and I'm curious about deployment locations. If I make it through selection, I really want to operate in the Middle East (especially Afghanistan). What's the likelihood of being deployed to the Middle East as a Green Beret nowadays?

Thank you,
Ptown

EDIT: It seems I've upset some people for asking this question. I don't think this question is beyond my "25 M target." I just want to know what I might be getting myself into before I commit to something for 7 years (if I'm selected). I hope that's not too much to ask.

miclo18d
03-13-2016, 05:01
I really want to operate in the Middle East (especially Afghanistan).
Why?

sinjefe
03-13-2016, 05:44
If you have learned anything from reading this board, and it appears that you have not, it is to focus on the 25 meter target. Quit worrying about what Group and what region of the world you will go when you haven't even got the contract.
:rolleyes:

Ptownboogie
03-13-2016, 08:45
If you have learned anything from reading this board, and it appears that you have not, it is to focus on the 25 meter target. Quit worrying about what Group and what region of the world you will go when you haven't even got the contract.
:rolleyes:

I understand your concerns. However, understanding where Green Beret's operate and my likelihood of seeing combat has a substantial role in my decision to pursue a contract. I don't think my question is too much to ask...

sinjefe
03-13-2016, 11:11
Read more, post less.....and quit being a smart ass. You haven't earned it.

The Reaper
03-13-2016, 11:37
It will depend on the elected civilian leadership and the actions of our enemies.

Based on your comments on the political thread, I would say that it would be likely.

Tread lightly. This is our house.

TR

Ptownboogie
03-13-2016, 14:21
It will depend on the elected civilian leadership and the actions of our enemies.

Based on your comments on the political thread, I would say that it would be likely.

Tread lightly. This is our house.

TR

Understood. Thank you, Reaper.