PDA

View Full Version : FT Bragg running trails

pbr549xxx
03-08-2016, 15:47
I posted this same question in the General Discussion forum before I remembered there was a PT discussion forum here. Please don't ban me for double posting.

So as to my topic. Ive just moved back to my house in Cottoned IOT make the repairs needed to sell it. I haven't done anything other than physical therapy since I had the seizure and dislocated my shoulder. Its been over a year since the seizure now, so I figure Im safe to start getting after it again.

As far as god running trails, are there any adjacent to Yadkin Rd that start near the 7th Group area or across the street near the (I think its the) USASOC area? if not, is driving up to the Division area and running in Area J my best bet?

Thanks

exsquid
03-13-2016, 18:08
I liked parking at Ritz-Epps gym and running the trails back there.

x/S

blue02hd
03-14-2016, 10:32
7th Group Area?? :confused::D

CDRODA396
03-14-2016, 16:33
I work at SWCS, ooops, I meant the Special Operations Center of Excellence (SOCoE) :rolleyes:, and hate running on pavement. Used to run in the Mata Mile area a lot, but its been drastically reduced due to the 295 construction, fences cutting trails, etc.

Now I run a lot in the area between Gruber, Canopy Lane, Yadkin Road, and Zabitoski Road. We refer to it as the "old 7th Group Area," because it is behind the 7th Group area before they moved to FL. Its hilly but off road and there are multiple route options depending on how far you want to go.

pbr549xxx
03-14-2016, 16:34
7th Group Area?? :confused::D

I should have said old 7th Group area.

Leozinho
03-15-2016, 14:30
I liked parking at Ritz-Epps gym and running the trails back there.

x/S

Me, too.

Since I lived in Spring Lake a while, I'd also park off Murchison near Brown Elementary School and run/ruck behind it.

Weird how it's been 10 years and I can still remember the playlist on my IPod that I'd put on while running there, but I can't remember who was in the interminable meeting with me this morning.

(Like I said, it's been 10 years, so if that spot is off limits now don't blame me. :D)