View Full Version : Spartan Blades New Products

Sdiver
01-26-2016, 20:45
Just posted on their FB page ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXoDMQNd9ms

Damn, that new Spartan/Harsey folder is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. :lifter

PedOncoDoc
01-27-2016, 09:13
Looking good! Could someone in the know talk a bit more about the locking mechanism on these?

DJ Urbanovsky
01-27-2016, 15:05
They are both standard framelocks. They may or may not incorporate Bob Terzuola's offset radius failsafe. Bob would tell you that he didn't come up with the failsafe, and credit goes to Vince Ford for that. If Mark or Curtis don't answer, I can tell you whether these knives incorporate that feature when I see the guys in March.

That circular doo-dad (that's a highly technical term ;) ) you see on the lockbar side of the Metis is a lock bar overtravel stop. There are a number of ways this can be executed, but as seen on the Metis, that's licensed from Rick Hinderer.

Looking good! Could someone in the know talk a bit more about the locking mechanism on these?

Bill Harsey
04-17-2016, 08:40
Dj, Yep, it's a variation of Turbo Bob's "offset radius failsafe" with a radius in the locking face of the blades tang. This one works extremely well.

Bill Harsey
04-17-2016, 08:51
The Spartan Harsey Folder has been in the works for over three years.

All titanium handle frame, screws, spacers and thumbstuds produced to our specs on a Swiss lathe.
CPM S35VN steel blade.

Spartan has worked hard and successfully to engineer the process's getting this knife to market.

Peregrino
04-17-2016, 09:05
Sweet! You guys do nice work. I especially appreciate the ambi features.

Joker
04-17-2016, 09:23
The Spartan Harsey Folder has been in the works for over three years.

All titanium handle frame,s crews, spacers and thumbstuds produced to our specs on a Swiss lathe.
CPM S35VN steel blade.

Spartan has worked hard and successfully to engineer the process's getting this knife to market.

Spring assist opening?

Bill Harsey
04-17-2016, 09:44
Spring assist opening?

No and not being considered at this time.

DDD
04-17-2016, 10:34
I'll be picking mine up at BLADE. :D

I still think the best feature is the North seeking arrow on the pocket clip. It works real well if you hold the knife right:rolleyes::munchin

DJ Urbanovsky
04-28-2016, 13:44
Not necessary. The action on them is smooth as glass.

Spring assist opening?

pyreaux
04-28-2016, 13:51
Just got a shipping notice for mine, couldn't hold out til blade show.

Barbarian
05-05-2016, 05:56
Mine is on the way. I'm dying to hit it with the Verniers and check the specs. Yes I'm a nerd.

Barbarian
05-11-2016, 06:55
Here's my SHF with stone-washed finish. It has as firm a lock up as I've seen on a folding knife. Top-notch work, gents.

mcarey
05-11-2016, 13:45
Here's my SHF with stone-washed finish. It has as firm a lock up as I've seen on a folding knife. Top-notch work, gents.

Thanks! Curtis and the guys have been working hard to make sure Mr. Harsey's (Bill's) design is done right. All the best, Mark

DJ Urbanovsky
05-12-2016, 12:23
I'd say mission accomplished. You guys hit a home run with those knives. As usual.

:lifter

Thanks! Curtis and the guys have been working hard to make sure Mr. Harsey's (Bill's) design is done right. All the best, Mark

Sdiver
06-05-2016, 17:44
Congratulations to Bill Harsey and the gang at Spartan for taking home the 2016 Blade show, Best American Made Knife of the year award for the Spartan/Harsey folder.

:lifter

I don't understand why they gave Bill one of the smaller knives to hold? :confused: :eek:

Sohei
06-05-2016, 18:45
Outstanding results for a beautiful blade!

Congratulations on the well-deserved victory!

Barbarian
06-06-2016, 07:31
Congratulations guys. I had no doubts.:lifter

mcarey
06-29-2016, 07:05
Thank you! It was a great surprise! A lot of tough competitors this year.

Bill Harsey
11-04-2016, 19:18
Thank you! It was a great surprise! A lot of tough competitors this year.

No kidding on the competition.
Here are a couple of images by Chuck Pittman of that folder.

Team Sergeant
11-04-2016, 23:40
No kidding on the competition.
Here are a couple of images by Chuck Pittman of that folder.

Wow that's a very nice looking knife! Well done gents!

sfshooter
11-05-2016, 01:52
I've been super keen on my Benchmade automatic that has been around the globe with me for years. After looking at those photos I'm thinking I might need to try out that Spartan/Harsey folder........looks like a good blade!

Being a leather worker, and a guy who as made a couple of file knives, the aesthetics, symmetry, and proportion are excellent. When the money comes up I will own a Spartan knife!