PDA

View Full Version : NAVY SEAL with UBL Photo Focus of Widening Federal Investigation

FlagDayNCO
01-20-2016, 08:12
A FORMER NAVY SEAL who shot Osama bin Laden and wrote a bestselling book about the raid is now the subject of a widening federal criminal investigation into whether he used his position as an elite commando for personal profit while on active duty, according to two people familiar with the case.

Matthew Bissonnette, the former SEAL and author of No Easy Day, a firsthand account of the 2011 bin Laden operation, had already been under investigation by both the Justice Department and the Navy for revealing classified information. The two people familiar with the probe said the current investigation, led by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, expanded after Bissonnette agreed to hand over a hard drive containing an unauthorized photo of the al Qaeda leader’s corpse. The government has fought to keep pictures of bin Laden’s body from being made public for what it claims are national security reasons.

The retired SEAL voluntarily provided investigators with a copy of his hard drive as part of an agreement not to prosecute him for unlawfully possessing classified material, according to the two people familiar with the deal.

The two people who spoke about the case, and other former SEALs The Intercept interviewed about Bissonnette, asked that their names not be used because they were describing an ongoing investigation and classified matters.

The entire article is here:

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/19/navy-seal-turns-over-picture-of-bin-ladens-body-faces-investigation-of-business-ties/

A paragraph:

According to two retired SEAL Team 6 operators, Bissonnette’s name has been added to a rock kept at the Virginia Beach SEAL Team 6 base. The rock is used to mark former members who are no longer welcome at the command, including former SEALs who have violated a series of unwritten codes of conduct among the unit.

I wonder how far these tentacles will reach and how focused and true the investigation will be. This could either be a true attempt to clean up a leaky bag that has tainted the unit, or an opportunity to further neuter a unit that many within the BIG NAVY loathe.

Streck-Fu
01-20-2016, 08:59
I just want to see the picture of the body.

Razor
01-20-2016, 09:24
If it were my hard drive, it would have been overwritten 27 times and had a couple dozen 1/4" holes physically drilled through the platters when I turned it over.

CAARNG 68W
01-20-2016, 18:48
"I see those guys on Fox News talking about danger; what ever happened to "Quiet Professional", oh, that's a Ranger."

Paslode
01-20-2016, 23:21
My question is, whether this is as big a deal and Hillary's email server or Petraus whispering into his mistresses ear?

RomanCandle
01-20-2016, 23:53
My question is, whether this is as big a deal and Hillary's email server or Petraus whispering into his mistresses ear?

And is the presidents name also included on that rock?

Five-O
01-21-2016, 04:48
This video has "Bin" posted here before.....and for good reason. "STFU Gandpa....everybody up in here knows he's the guy who shot Bin Laden"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9AUFpRGyc

Dusty
01-21-2016, 07:20
Everybody's erroneously taking for granted that it was actually UBL who had his lights disconnected in '11.
I'm no conspiracy nut; think about it, and take Benghazi and all the other misdirection and CYA into consideration when you do.
Take into consideration UBL's images over time (hair, beard, aging), his kidney disease, blah.
Mainly take into account the political benefit of the action re: this admin's willingness to do whatever it takes to get elected.

They ought to leave the SEAL alone. He shot a tall guy, that's all.

Team Sergeant
01-21-2016, 12:12
If a picture is released onto the internet real photo sleuths will confirm or deny it was actually UBL......

Better stop that SEAL ASAP!!!!

Cause I sincerely doubt it was in fact UBL.....

mark46th
01-21-2016, 13:03
Yeah, I'd like to see that picture and have it verified as the real deal.

I believe the SEALs went on that raid and killed someone but I would love to see it verified that it was UBL...

Dusty
01-22-2016, 06:03
Yeah, I'd like to see that picture and have it verified as the real deal.

I believe the SEALs went on that raid and killed someone but I would love to see it verified that it was UBL...

Classic ruse, especially the situation room photo with HRC and BHO. That was no candid pic.
All you have to do is look at the way the body was disposed of. If it had been UBL, Pinnocchio would have had the body stuffed and mounted in the Oval Office..