PDA

View Full Version : A Barrett M82A1CQ Question

Bleed Green
01-13-2016, 13:27
I was doing some research last night on weapons being used by our adversaries and came upon a picture taken last week that appeared to show 2 Barrett M82A1s flanking a CQ. I read where the CQ was developed for the Coasties, which made sense due to the limited space in the back of a Dolphin, but it doesn't make much sense in the context of the picture. Has anybody here got any experience with the CQ as I would like to pick your brain about it privately if possible?

frostfire
01-14-2016, 18:55
I did Barret armorer course with several PD's. In fact, the CQ model was the one I worked with. Very simple and ingenious platform. Improper storage /compact mode can render the weapon nonoperational. Barret head armorer did approve my suggestion to use properly sized duct tape roll to improvise the deformed part if SHTF. Not recommended for continued use, however.

"Coastal region" SWAT have M82 in their armories. The chief told me it was to anticipate barricade, hostage situation and shoot boats/ships engine block. YMMV

Divemaster
01-16-2016, 02:18
I remember when the Barrett M82A1 didn't have the chambers properly hardened (early 1990s). The result was sand pitting causing failures to extract. If anyone remembers the torn cartridge rims back then, the pitting was the cause. Barrett fixed the issue...and charged us for the fix.

Air.177
03-20-2016, 00:36
I was doing some research last night on weapons being used by our adversaries and came upon a picture taken last week that appeared to show 2 Barrett M82A1s flanking a CQ. I read where the CQ was developed for the Coasties, which made sense due to the limited space in the back of a Dolphin, but it doesn't make much sense in the context of the picture. Has anybody here got any experience with the CQ as I would like to pick your brain about it privately if possible?

Experience shooting them or just knowledge of the development of that variant?

Not shot them, but have heard stories of development from folks who were there.

Blake

Bleed Green
03-20-2016, 00:50
Would you mind a PM on the Topic Air?

Air.177
03-20-2016, 01:09
Would you mind a PM on the Topic Air?

go for it