01-03-2005, 17:25
http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/2005/nr20050103-1925.html

Blue Skies, SFC Munoz. DOL.

Roguish Lawyer
01-03-2005, 17:28
RIP.

Doc
01-03-2005, 17:41
I feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

We were Team Mates years ago. We also served together in BN HQ until I retired in 2003.

I love you Pedi.

RIP

DOL

CommoGeek
01-03-2005, 17:50
My condolences Doc. PM inbound as soon as I can type it.

Stargazer
01-03-2005, 18:16
RIP. God hold your loved ones near during the difficult days ahead.

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Doc.

Goggles Pizano
01-03-2005, 18:30
Sincere condolences to you Doc on your loss.

RIP SFC. Munoz

Ambush Master
01-03-2005, 18:32
Thoughts and Prayers out to the Family. Doc, I know the pain !!

Take care.
Martin

casey
01-03-2005, 18:34
RIP brother. My condolences on the lost of your team mate Doc.

NousDefionsDoc
01-03-2005, 18:38
Sorry your friend was killed Doc.

En paz descanse 'Mano. Dios te protege.
RELEASE NUMBER: 050103-01
DATE POSTED: JANUARY 3, 2005

PRESS RELEASE: Special Forces Soldier killed in Afghanistan

U.S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs Office

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Jan. 03, 2005) —An Army Special Forces Soldier based here was killed in western Afghanistan Jan. 2 during combat against enemy forces.

Sgt. 1st Class Pedro A. Munoz, 47, a detachment operations and intelligence sergeant assigned to 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) here, was fatally wounded by small arms fire while his unit was conducting an offensive operation in the region.

He was pronounced dead during his medical evacuation from the scene.

A native of Quebradillas, Puerto Rico, Munoz joined the Army in February 1986. He graduated from the Special Forces Qualification course and was assigned to the 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), where he deployed in support of operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. In 1997 he was assigned to the U.S. Army Parachute Team, the Golden Knights. He is a veteran of over 300 static line and 4,000 free fall parachute jumps. He returned to the Special Forces community in 2002, serving with the 7th SFG.

His awards and decorations include the Bronze Star with Valor device, the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal, the Joint Meritorious Unit Award, the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, the Southwest Asia Service Medal, the Kuwait Liberation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, the Army Service Ribbon, the Combat Infantryman Badge with 2nd Award Star, the Special Forces Tab, the Master Parachutist and Military Free Fall Badge.

Munoz is survived by his wife, Gisela, and his daughter, Dalia.

In case the link goes bad or something.

Kyobanim
01-03-2005, 19:59
Doc, I'm truely sorry for your loss and his families.

Rest in piece SFC Munoz

Basenshukai
01-03-2005, 20:07
RIP.

This warrior was a friend to many in our battalion. He will be missed.

De Oppresso Liber

12B4S
01-03-2005, 20:50
Would like to add my condolences as well Doc.
Lost a Teammate when I was still in. It's a nasty blow.

Sounds like a helluva soldier.... Thanks for that info NDD

RIP SFC Munoz

Team Sergeant
01-03-2005, 20:54
Sorry Doc.

Blue Skies Sergeant First Class Munoz, Blue Skies.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-03-2005, 21:30
Rest in piece SFC Munoz!

pulque
01-04-2005, 01:01
in peace rest.

CommoGeek
01-04-2005, 02:44
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/01/04/afghan.us/index.html

Sadly, I don't think this forum is done this week. I don't know what I could say..... except both of these are bad deals.

Blue Skies, Gents. DOL.

Basenshukai
01-05-2005, 17:18
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SFC PEDRO MUNOZ:

PLACE: JFK CHAPEL

TIME: 7 JANUARY 2005, 1400 HRS

UNIFORM: ACTIVE MILITARY - DUTY UNIFORM

De Oppresso Liber

Maas
01-08-2005, 00:19
Rest in Peace.

Sorry for the loss of your 7th Group brother.

DOL

lrd
01-08-2005, 05:12
Rest in peace, gentlemen.

Thoughts and prayers going out to family and friends.

I'm sorry for your loss, Doc.

NousDefions794
03-23-2005, 08:30
Pedro and I were in the same company in 3rd Grp and then we served again in 7th Grp. I talked to him in the chow hall not long before he left for Afgahnistan. He had about a year until retirement and was looking forward to getting out. He was unhappy about some of the politics that SF is going through. He told me he could've got out of this deployment because he was short. Of course a man like Pedro would never turn down an opportunity to help defend his country.

RIP my friend

Hooahman
03-23-2005, 08:42
Everytime I read about a soldier who has laied his life down so that I can get up in the morning free and go about my day tears me up. RIP SFC Munoz and my prayers to his family and to all of you who knew him. :(

JB

vsvo
08-02-2006, 10:37
I was surfing through the channels last night and landed on "Miami Ink" on The Learning Channel. I caught the tail end of a segment where SFC Munoz' daughter was getting a tattoo as a memorial to her father. She had the SF crest and a star inked on her upper back. She talked about how her dad was about to retire and they had planned to go to school together. She had the tattoos put there because she knew her dad was always going to have her back.

Hopefully, they will repeat this episode and I can catch the whole segment. It was very touching.

RIP SFC Munoz.

http://www.groups.sfahq.com/7th/munoz_pedro_kia.htm

Edit: Here's the link to the episode: http://tlc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=3&cpi=55188&gid=0&channel=TLC

x SF med
08-02-2006, 10:44
RIP SFC Munoz

NSDQ
08-02-2006, 12:17
Rest in Peace SFC Munoz. Prayers & Peace to family & friends of his.

Edit: Here's the link to the episode: http://tlc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=3&cpi=55188&gid=0&channel=TLC
Thanks for the link vsvo

NSDQ

Texian
08-02-2006, 17:12
Descanse en Paz, Sargento. Que dios esté con su familia y sus compañeros.

POO
08-03-2006, 14:42
RIP Warrior

And thank you for the link.

Dan
09-14-2006, 07:23
http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=241994

Golden Knight honored
A staff report

A brigade headquarters building at Fort Knox, Ky., was dedicated to a Special Forces soldier and former Golden Knight who was killed last year in Afghanistan.

The U.S. Army Accessions Support Brigade headquarters building was named for Sgt. 1st Class Pedro Munoz, who died Jan. 2, 2005, while fighting insurgents in the Herat province of Afghanistan.

Although Munoz was never stationed at Fort Knox, the installation is home to the U.S. Army Accessions Command - the higher headquarters for the U.S. Army parachute team, the Golden Knights.

The 47-year-old Munoz, of Quebradillas, Puerto Rico, was an operations and intelligence sergeant assigned to the 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg.

He was less than a year from retirement when he died.

Munoz earned his Green Beret in 1990 and joined the 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg in time to deploy for the first Persian Gulf War.

Back to battle
After seven years with the 3rd Group, Pedro joined the Golden Knights in 1999. Three years later, prompted by the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Munoz returned to Special Forces - this time with the 7th Group.

Members of the Golden Knights and the 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group traveled to Fort Knox on Wednesday for the building dedication. Munoz’s widow, Gisela, and daughter, Dalia, also attended the ceremony.

"Once on the (Golden Knights) Munoz shined as one of the team's best and most dependable demonstrators on the Gold Demonstration team," according to a statement from the Knights.

"Some of his more memorable jumps include a jump into Puerto Rico and his jump with Gold Team onto the deck of the Intrepid docked at the New York Harbor."

When Munoz left the Golden Knights in 2002, he had logged more than 4,000 free-fall parachute jumps.

The Reaper
09-14-2006, 08:06
I met him on his jump in Puerto Rico.

A great American who will be missed.

Vaya con Dios, Pedro.

TR