PDA

View Full Version : Tracking my Geneology

TWITCHY
12-29-2015, 15:34
Hello Gentlemen,
I am in the process of tracking down some of my genealogical history. My biological grandfather, who I never met and my family never talks about, was reportedly murdered in the 70's. I tracked his name to the city that this reportedly occurred in and discovered the name of his murderer. The murderer's name was reported in a local newspaper as former Green Beret Truman Smith. Truman Smith, 24, reportedly served with the Green Berets in Vietnam. I would like to find out if any of you may have known him or might know anything about the circumstances surrounding the murder of Allen Greer. I'm sure that this is a long-shot, but I am trying to determine where my family comes from and others To whom I may be related. There has always been a huge air of mystery surrounding my biological grandfather and no one wants to talk about it.

Thank you, very much for any information that you may extend to me and thank you very much for your service.

Team Sergeant
12-30-2015, 16:41
Hunting green berets frauds over the last ten years has taught me a very valuable lessons, one is, don't believe everything you read in the news papers. A good number of green beret / Special Forces frauds come from newspaper articles, as many mentioned in the articles are not in fact green berets. The "reporters" love to add the bullshit to their articles for many reasons, fame, profit, eye catching, left-wing agenda etc.

My point is I highly doubt the "killer" was in fact a green beret, and if, if he was I'd be looking for a motive.

In those days every Vietnam Veteran was a baby killing machine, (just ask the coward john kerry, Secretary of State) and all prone to murder I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Before you start a witch hunt make sure you have all your "facts" in order.

My .02 and worth the read.

TWITCHY
12-30-2015, 20:45
Thank you for the advice. After reading Green Beret fraud posts on this site for the past few years, I read the newspaper articles and the attribution of his service in Special Forces with cautious skepticism. The reason that I even asked about him on here was to follow any lead that I can to find out information about my grandad. The only thing I have found on the web, so far, is a tombstone and this one story. Honestly, I have little interest in Truman Smith other than his relationship to my grandfather. I am not even certain this Allen Greer is the person I'm looking for, anyway.
Again, thank you for your comments and advice. Also, I appreciate the opportunity to be a member of this forum. I am working towards a degree in International Relations and the informed perspectives offered here are invaluable.