PDA

View Full Version : We are at War, check your EDC Now!

Team Sergeant
12-03-2015, 09:59
Arm Yourselves, islamic terrorists have struck again.

That said I'm toting a full size .40 HK USP and three mags of BDHP's (Bacon Dipped Hollow Points). I'm thinking of the third mag should be BDFMJ's for more penetration. Jury is still out.

A Chris Reeve Umnumzaan, although I'm thinking of purchasing a bigger EDC knife. Living in Arizona I can carry a Katana if I so desired. ;)

In any case check your EDC, make adjustments and add an extra mag. (And put an extra box of that in your vehicle too. I placed some extra mags in mine.)

Paslode
12-03-2015, 10:13
Motivation to get a small 12a for my Van

Streck-Fu
12-03-2015, 10:34
I have been looking at a discreet way to transport an AR and am considering the Raquettball racket case or guitar case. Something to keep in the car that looks more like gym stuff than a high value instrument may be best.

Otherwise, my P226 with choice of Benchmade knife is proximate.

Hand
12-03-2015, 12:00
I've been mulling over this as well.

So far the best way I can do it in my POV is to carry it in two pieces, locked into boxes that are blended into the interior.

It's kind of funny how "secret compartments" are illegal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/22/police-find-hidden-compartment-in-mans-car-but-no-drugs-or-illegal-items-so-why-was-he-arrested/

If you are going to do it, it better be done very, very well!

Dusty
12-03-2015, 12:41
All I'm missing is a Bauer TacMurse.
(Jack; not Eddie.)

DJ Urbanovsky
12-03-2015, 13:06
If I fall in the river, I'm sinking straight to the bottom. ;)

DJ Urbanovsky
12-03-2015, 13:12
Check out Law Tactical's side folding adapter. If you're looking to get small, it is a great option. I have several thousand rounds through the first gun I installed one on, and zero issues.

The droid you're looking for would be a yoga mat bag.

I have been looking at a discreet way to transport an AR and am considering the Raquettball racket case or guitar case. Something to keep in the car that looks more like gym stuff than a high value instrument may be best.

SF-TX
12-03-2015, 13:12

Then you should add a Tactical Inflatable Side Pouch PFD to your EDC.;)

http://mustangsurvival.com/professional/tactical-inflatable-side-pouch-pfd?division=military

Team Sergeant
12-03-2015, 13:14
I just put together a small kit for the car. Medical gear (mostly stop bleeding stuff), clear eye pro (I'm always wearing dark eye pro), Spartan Blade Ares - Fighter and my SAS MKIII Airborne Holster (Eagle Industries).

That last piece of kit turns me from "armed citizen" into the "islamic cure". ;)

Pericles
12-03-2015, 13:57

I chose this solution

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/carry_zpsdd7d2670.jpg

One of the advantages in Texas is that I can take it in places where 30.06 and 30.07 signs prohibit concealed or open carry of handguns.

Mycroft
12-03-2015, 14:00
Just as an aside, I know someone that had his EDC bag stolen out of his car with his 22 in it. It was a nondescript bag, but someone stole it anyways (cops eventually recovered it.)

If you really want to decrease theft probability, increase the ugly factor. Trash bags over the actual EDC bag work great for this at the expense of making your car look less well kept. Personally my car trunk keeps anything valuable out of sight, and any time I leave a firearm in a car it gets dis-assembled and secreted in varying parts of the car.

I'm probably overly paranoid on that front, but if my car is ever broken into, I'd prefer to decrease the probability of my decision to leave behind a sidearm in my car resulting in some thieving asshole on the streets now being armed.

DJ Urbanovsky:

That looks like a neat feature for my AR! I'll probably make that modification next month.

doctom54
12-03-2015, 15:31
For years before we had concealed carry my 1911 stayed in a McDonalds bag in the car. No one looks twice at a fast food bag. (Sorry TS this was before H&K made the USP)
A trash bag might work for an AR.

PSM
12-03-2015, 15:34
When I lived in Oklahoma, we just put them in the rack on the back window. Never heard of one being stolen. :D

Pat

Paslode
12-03-2015, 17:07
I've been mulling over this as well.

So far the best way I can do it in my POV is to carry it in two pieces, locked into boxes that are blended into the interior.

It's kind of funny how "secret compartments" are illegal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/22/police-find-hidden-compartment-in-mans-car-but-no-drugs-or-illegal-items-so-why-was-he-arrested/

If you are going to do it, it better be done very, very well!

Work van with cabinets

Dusty
12-03-2015, 17:37
Personally my car trunk keeps anything valuable out of sight, and any time I leave a firearm in a car it gets dis-assembled and secreted in varying parts of the car.

?

Only time I leave my .45 in my truck is when I'm going into the bank for a couple minutes. Or the courthouse.

I'm interested as to your reasoning...

2018commo
12-03-2015, 17:41
Living in the people's republic of Maryland I just bought a new hickory axe handle, and working for mother Army, my regulation 3" folder is scarey sharp.
A 1911 in 38 Super followed me home recently, if only...

Old Dog New Trick
12-03-2015, 17:59
?

Only time I leave my .45 in my truck is when I'm going into the bank for a couple minutes. Or the courthouse.

Two places where you're more likely to need that .45. Don't ya' just love liberalism. :rolleyes:

SF_BHT
12-03-2015, 19:41
Arm Yourselves, islamic terrorists have struck again.

That said I'm toting a full size .40 HK USP and three mags of BDHP's (Bacon Dipped Hollow Points). I'm thinking of the third mag should be BDFMJ's for more penetration. Jury is still out.

A Chris Reeve Umnumzaan, although I'm thinking of purchasing a bigger EDC knife. Living in Arizona I can carry a Katana if I so desired. ;)

In any case check your EDC, make adjustments and add an extra mag. (And put an extra box of that in your vehicle too. I placed some extra mags in mine.)

Threw 4 extra mags in the truck today. Did not even think about it this morning just instinctively grabbed extra ones and off I went.
Funny thing at work today just about everyone were in the garage going over their gear and weapons. Had to step back and just take it in. Asked a few why and they said yesterday made them think....:eek::eek::eek:

Old Dog New Trick
12-03-2015, 19:56
Asked a few why and they said yesterday made them think....:eek::eek::eek:

We gots problems then... :eek:

craigepo
12-03-2015, 20:44

That's good stuff.

I just got a bunch of new ammo in. I'm carrying a small pistol on me, with a larger pistol and more ammo in the vehicle. Still trying to determine whether/how to bring a main battle gun along. I like my pistols, but there are a lot of shitheads in the world today that deserve better ballistics than a pistol can offer.

SF_BHT
12-03-2015, 20:46
We gots problems then... :eek:

You are right.

My OGV is always setup and ready. Just drop in new battery's and rock and roll.
A lot of our gear queers can not get geared up in less than 30 min.

It is always funny watching them setup for an operation...:rolleyes:

But at least no one calls themselves Operators.....

SF_BHT
12-03-2015, 20:48
That's good stuff.

I just got a bunch of new ammo in. I'm carrying a small pistol on me, with a larger pistol and more ammo in the vehicle. Still trying to determine whether/how to bring a main battle gun along. I like my pistols, but there are a lot of shitheads in the world today that deserve better ballistics than a pistol can offer.

Trunk mount. Out of sight but accessible.

Mycroft
12-03-2015, 21:59
?

Courthouse, bars, and similar locations dictated by the nanny state of WA as verboten to carry firearms. I'm still hoping we get the bar law amended at some point. I shouldn't need to leave my gun in my car if I'm a designated driver :mad:

Penn
12-03-2015, 22:05
I've heard a cpl guys raised the bed of the SUV 5", after remove the back seats for configuration, they also suggested an older SUV model....

doctom54
12-03-2015, 22:39
That's good stuff.

I like my pistols, but there are a lot of shitheads in the world today that deserve better ballistics than a pistol can offer.

Great statement!!!!!!!

Box
12-04-2015, 05:32
I dont have anything to carry...
...all of my guns fell over board while I was deep sea fishing.

Dusty
12-04-2015, 05:47
lol Can you imagine how much dry-firing went on in people's dens, bedrooms, etc. across the Country last night? :D

Dusty
12-04-2015, 05:53
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/12/03/exclusive-ted-cruz-reacts-san-bernardino-now-ever-americans-must-armed/

Unfortunately, the goal of both President Obama and Hillary Clinton, is to consistently–at every turn–to look to weaken the constitutional rights of American citizens. And in particular, to undermine our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. You don’t get rid of the bad guys by getting rid of our guns. You get rid of the bad guys by using our guns. And, rather than respond to radical Islam and terrorism with a commitment from the president to keep this nation safe–to kill the terrorists–instead, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton refuse to even utter the words “radical Islamic terrorism.”

Snip

Streck-Fu
12-04-2015, 07:28
The droid you're looking for would be a yoga mat bag.

I started thinking through this, which may be the first mistake, and was thinking of ways to secure it so it doesn't roll around..... Then the evolutionary process took me to making a small compartment in the back.
It would be very hard to see looking in from the outside and we don't have any "hidden spaces" laws.

Team Sergeant
12-04-2015, 07:30
?

Arizona we carry in banks. ;) We carry just about everywhere 'cept federal buildings.

Except for Red Robin (burgers etc) no large corporation out here says no to concealed carry, only the feds.

Only the government says no to "it's" citizens carrying guns near them.

mark46th
12-04-2015, 09:10
This is my son's off duty weapon, Glock 43 9mm straight stack mag holds 6 rounds plus one in the pipe...

Dusty
12-04-2015, 09:16
This is my son's off duty weapon, Glock 43 9mm straight stack mag holds 6 rounds plus one in the pipe...

Nothin' wrong with that. :lifter

Patriot007
12-04-2015, 09:54

I too like the G43 for deep concealment. Taran Tactical makes 2+ base plates with essentially the same footprint as the factory pinky extension and provides a full grip for better control. Even If I'm carrying with the flush magazine I have an extra mag or two with 8 rounds instead of 6. They also make a flush +1 extension and I use it, a nice way to maximize firepower.

I usually carry with the 2+ mag extension, so 8+1 with 8 on deck. This is when I can't conceal the G19. Caveat is a I only have about 500 rounds in but so far not a single malfunction.

FlagDayNCO
12-04-2015, 21:28
PA has restrictions on rifles being carried in vehicles, as far as EDC or CCW. My understanding is a rifle caliber pistol is allowed, so there appear to be many 5.56 pistols.

Something I added to both of our vehicles years ago was a lock box. You can buy some pretty inexpensive ones, that at least gives the owner a place to lock up their pistol in the event they decide they can't or shouldn't take their pistol into a certain establishment. Best way I found to handle that is not go to those places! The lock boxes we have come with a steel cable, that can be wrapped around a car seat mounting. The end of the cable comes back inside the box and gets secured when the box lid is closed.

Another solution is a cable lock for a bicycle, sized accordingly so you can pass the cable through the dust cover and mag well of an AR type rifle/ pistol. Keep the bolt carrier with you or stow someplace in your vehicle.

Definitely added more magazines in a carrier to each vehicle. The medical supplies were increased a few months ago.

Oldrotorhead
12-05-2015, 16:41
Don't short change a stubbie revolver IF you are in a tee shirt and shorts. Claude Warner has some tips like paint the front sight red or orange and use a black marker under the "v" that passes for a back sight. I have watched him shoot this well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKuTNdYfbjk

Toaster
12-05-2015, 17:14

Soft sided guitar case $5 from a pawn shop works pretty well. Has a carrying strap and a pouch for sticking some stuff in. If you wanted to cut a piece of cardboard to make sure it looked like a guitar you could do that as well.