PDA

View Full Version : Slide & Negative Film Scanner

cbtengr
11-30-2015, 15:16
I have hundreds of slides from the 50's and sixties that I wish to scan to my computer. Has anyone here had any experience with this process and can anyone recommend a scanner that would meet my needs?

Guymullins
11-30-2015, 15:27
I have hundreds of slides from the 50's and sixties that I wish to scan to my computer. Has anyone here had any experience with this process and can anyone recommend a scanner that would meet my needs?

The best slide copier made is the Bowens. I had one. It was made to take a 35mm film SLR camera, but any modern digital camera, with detachable lenses will fit. It has a back-flash and a table that accepts mounted slides or negatives. I gave it to a friend who is a `pro photographer and I see him regularly. I will ask him if he uses it still and which digital cameras he uses.

JJ_BPK
11-30-2015, 17:12
You might also look at a local Kodak center. I think they have gear that can digitize negatives and slides to a hi-res jpg format and hand you back a cd??

Kyobanim
11-30-2015, 17:16
Most scanners on the market have a slot for scanning slides, some have a auto loader.

cbtengr
11-30-2015, 17:50
Most scanners on the market have a slot for scanning slides, some have a auto loader.

We were hoping to look at some of those scanners yesterday at Best Buy and at Staples, according to their web sites they had them available at their stores. However when we got to the actual stores we found out that we could only buy them on line and if we were not happy with them we could return them. Why do companies have stores anymore?

I appreciate the responses.

Utah Bob
12-01-2015, 18:29
I have a high resolution Epson scanner with the slide copier attachment that works great.

Mike
12-01-2015, 18:55
Did it to all my stuff years ago-too bad I lost a lot of good stuff before computers.

Used a couple HD scanners.

Takes time and work, but worth the effort.