PDA

View Full Version : Posting pics?

QuietShootr
02-10-2004, 07:36
Why don't my images come up when I use the img tags?

Team Sergeant
02-10-2004, 07:47
They have to be sized correctly. The posting of huge pics is being discouraged. Bring them down to a MB or smaller.

QuietShootr
02-10-2004, 09:53
Understood, thanks!

AngelsSix
03-08-2004, 14:26
Pictures will not post for me, I have tried everything. I have even resized the photos down to the size of an avatar and it won't work. I have a great photo for the med thread...........BUT.........

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 14:35
A6-
when you resize your pic.... instead of chosing the units as inches or cm; choose the pixel as the reference unit.

Then make it 400x400 pixels or so and it fits nicely on here.

You can also right click on your pic and view its [properties] to check and see how many bites it takes up. refer to TS's post on the maximum allowed. 1000 kilobites(kb) = 1 megabyte(mb)

Also check to see your setting for the -pixels per inch- also called resoultion quality,etc. Sometimes a pic that is scanned is scanned at 400 pixels per inch or greater so even a small picture in size is still a large amont of pixels in computer memory usuage. For example a 2x2 inch photo is still 1600 pixels or 1.6 mb in size. Well, that is how I understand it anyway.

Hope that helps

Or you can send me a PM, and I will give you my email address for you to send the pic to me. I will resize it and post it for you. Your choice. I look forward to seeing your med thread :cool:

Solid
03-08-2004, 14:47
It might also have to do with who is 'hosting' the picture (correct me if I'm wrong). Places which require passwords for posting (MSN, Yahoo, Ifoto) don't seem to work as hosts as the IMG link is not allowed to connect to the photo.

My experience and conclusion, at least.

Solid

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 14:51
Solid... that young whipper snapper is correct about website [img] posting.

My comments, A6, were for if you are "attaching" an image to the post from your own computer. I assume that was your question as I do not know how you could be editing a picture's size from a host website without having to download it and save it to your computer first. However, I have been wrong before... once. When I said I like Solid. ;) LOL Just kidding ol' chap...

Eagle5US
03-08-2004, 14:55
I am an idiot who cannot do the following...even though I see others who can:
-post multiple photos on the same reply
-post the same photo in more than one thread (i get the "you used that photo on PS.com in this thread already, duplicate posts are not allowed
-post with more than one "smiley" in a response

my knuckles are raw from dragging on the ground here :boohoo

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 14:59
Eagle the smiley limit is a Team Sergeant imposed limit. Noone can post more than one per post.

I have not had much luck finding images from the web that will fit into the limits of this site. I usually just download them/resize and then attach the pic too.

Team Sergeant is a strict ruler. LOL :D

Solid
03-08-2004, 15:39
Sacamuelas:
(notice how I refrain from using Woobie's spelling: I am a respectful youth)
I completely forgot that there was a means of attaching images.

Sorry, NDD, it would've made that entire avatar affair FAR more simple! (not that it mattered anyway :))

Solid

Solid
03-08-2004, 15:42
Well, I tried to fix your avatar but for some reason it's not working..

Goodwill gesture- FAILED.

Solid

Solid
03-08-2004, 15:52
Another attempt...

It's a holdover until you find the proper one... It's a cheat; should work in exactly 50% of posts.

Hope it helps a little, I still can't figure out why it automatically 'boxes' them in color as opposed to leaving a transparent background.

Solid

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 16:13
Thanks Solid. Now be a good lad and find that transparent copy that can be http linked to get a perfectly clear version of the one NDD LOST!!! ;) LOL

Thank you... I like it better than the white background.

The Reaper
03-08-2004, 16:40
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Thanks Solid. Now be a good lad and find that transparent copy that can be http linked to get a perfectly clear version of the one NDD LOST!!! ;) LOL

Are you provoking him AGAIN?

NDD....Avatar change on Aisle Six!!!!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-08-2004, 17:24
Originally posted by The Reaper
Are you provoking him AGAIN?

NDD....Avatar change on Aisle Six!!!!

TR

Godfather, if I might suggest that an actual photo of Sacamuelas be used as his avatar. Here it is:

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 17:33
TR-
Sir, no disrespect meant to you by razzing your old 18D.

RL-
Okay lawyer boy... since you wanna post pics.
Be honest now, like a mirror isn't it?

WE can continue this in the comedy forum if you like. keeps things uncluttered and tidy for the admins.

Roguish Lawyer
03-08-2004, 17:36
LOL Should a wad, not just one.

Mine was funnier. :p

The Reaper
03-08-2004, 18:18
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Godfather, if I might suggest that an actual photo of Sacamuelas be used as his avatar. Here it is:

Jack Elam as the Mad Procologist?

Close, but wrong end!

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-08-2004, 18:19
Originally posted by The Reaper
Jack Elam as the Mad Procologist?

Close, but wrong end!

TR

LOL. Jack is Sacamuelas's evil twin. But they look alike.

The Reaper
03-08-2004, 18:24
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
LOL. Jack is Sacamuelas's evil twin. But they look alike.

Nickolas van Helsing in "The Cannonball Run".

Never seen Saca, but if he does look like this, I am sorry.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
03-08-2004, 18:26
Much better than what I found! LOL

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 18:36
RL's law school graduation photo... nice touch with the hat there RL.

Roguish Lawyer
03-08-2004, 18:42

Sweet! I look GOOD in that hat!

The Reaper
03-08-2004, 18:42

Marty Feldman, but don't recall the movie.

TR

Sacamuelas
03-08-2004, 23:46
Originally posted by AngelsSix
Pictures will not post for me, I have tried everything. I have even resized the photos down to the size of an avatar and it won't work. I have a great photo for the med thread...........BUT.........

A6-
Done. You have email. OUCH!!

AngelsSix
03-09-2004, 11:13
Still not working, I think someone here hates me, lol!!

I posted a link for it at a hosting site instead.

Here's why I can't post photos, I think:

Forum Rules:You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is OFF

This is at the bottom of my main screen. No one loves me...........:boohoo

Sacamuelas
03-09-2004, 11:54
Cavalry is coming Ma'am. see you in the med thread.

AngelsSix
03-09-2004, 22:59
Thanks, bro.....I owe you one donut.:D

QRQ 30
03-18-2004, 15:26
Shucks folks. I've been here a little over 24 hours. I have seen the Forums for Knuckle Draggers. I passed right over them thinking they had something to do with P.T. for SEALS., PT ain't my thing any more. Come to find out it is a Q&A section for procedures. Now I can learn how to post a picture without acting stoopid.:lifter not!

Team Sergeant
03-18-2004, 16:21
Originally posted by QRQ 30
Shucks folks. I've been here a little over 24 hours. I have seen the Forums for Knuckle Draggers. I passed right over them thinking they had something to do with P.T. for SEALS., PT ain't my thing any more. Come to find out it is a Q&A section for procedures. Now I can learn how to post a picture without acting stoopid.:lifter not!

OK a few words from our own "Scaredamongus"

"when you resize your pic.... instead of chosing the units as inches or cm; choose the pixel as the reference unit.

Then make it 400x400 pixels or so and it fits nicely on here.

You can also right click on your pic and view its [properties] to check and see how many bites it takes up. refer to TS's post on the maximum allowed. 1000 kilobites(kb) = 1 megabyte(mb)

Also check to see your setting for the -pixels per inch- also called resoultion quality,etc. Sometimes a pic that is scanned is scanned at 400 pixels per inch or greater so even a small picture in size is still a large amont of pixels in computer memory usuage. For example a 2x2 inch photo is still 1600 pixels or 1.6 mb in size. Well, that is how I understand it anyway.
Hope that helps"

Any problems PM me.
Team Sergeant

Sacamuelas
03-18-2004, 16:39
500x500 seems to fit without chagning the screen size and requiring everyone to scroll over to see the right side of the pic.

First called "a girl with a man's gun" and now scared... DAMN TS! .:lifter

I ain't scared... haha

ktek01
03-18-2004, 16:41
Mihov is a free download for resizing pictures, converting them from gif or bmp to jpeg or vice versa, and it does a good job knocking down the file size when you resize or convert. I can resize a scanned pick that was a 3 or 4 Mb file and it will come out as a 40 or 50 kb file when done. You can download it from here http://www.imageresizer.com/

QRQ 30
03-19-2004, 06:35
Well Folks I'm still having trouble with pics. I go to the "attach file" and click on "browse". and then locate the file I want. The file identification shows up on the "attach file" line but the "Browse" button is sitting on top of it and I can't load the file.

BTW: I am trying to load a gif file -- er I think, let me go check.

It's GIF IMAGE. Do I need to convert that?

Thanks.

Team Sergeant
03-19-2004, 07:50
No you should not need to convert it, but, check out the image size. If it's not uploading that's the most likely case.
Or, send it to me at:

JD@professionalSoldiers.com

I will resize it for you and return it to you for posting.

Team Sergeant